What type of sports does a solo'ist do?

I see it as a poppy field full of beauty and wonder and possibility. But we know that poppy field can be deceiving don't we? I am aware that bad things happen online. Bad people thrive online.
exactly and why not see it that way?
the truth is that even the worst "internet thing" that can happen to one does not hold a candle to the slightest bad thing that happens in "RL"

right now the "internet" is too much an approximation of the worst of most of us, when it has the potential to be the best
people just have to give it a try and you know what?
its already happening, I know mostly younger people here in China, and what they say in emails, text or "Wēixìn"
actually translates to more genuine relationships in our RL
the West may be behind the curve on this, perhaps will always be...

You are one of my favorite internet people--ever. You are rational, fair, intelligent. You make me think. You redirect me when I veer off track. But I disagree with you regarding Internet friends. You said you trust no one until you can see the whites of their eyes. I trust everyone until they show me they can't be trusted. This us why we will never share the same paradigm. You see people and the Internet as hostile--a dog eat dog environment. I see it as a poppy field full of beauty and wonder and possibility. But we know that poppy field can be deceiving don't we? I am aware that bad things happen online. Bad people thrive online.

Impress people? I am not a people pleaser by nature. But do I feel good when someone I respect and admire recognizes the good qualities I value in myself? Damn straight I do. Basic psychology. Same reason your kids care what you think about them. We don't ever outgrow that. You are not immune Iona. Maybe online. But not IRL. You care what your loved ones think. You make compromises. You are not an island of one. I am not saying you sacrifice your authenticity. Or are a sycophant. Not at all. But you do dress to impress. Cook a great meal to bring pleasure to your family and thus bring pleasure to yourself. You are not fooling anyone with that 'I don't give a f*** attitude.'

That's really nice of you to say. I enjoy our back and forths as well.

I think you've understood and summed up my position really well. It's a fundamental difference between us. For me, trust is earned, it's not freely given. It's lovely that you bring an optimism with you to your relationships. I have no doubt as a consequence you'll have more wonderful exchanges than I will but the price of that is you'll also have more arseholery to deal with as well.

Absolutely I care what my family think of me and will always do my very best to make them proud. But that's my flesh and blood. I will do, give and be anything that makes them better for knowing me but even there is a limit. Again, you sum up my position well. I won't repeat it.

It's worse here though because as TBT said many posts back, everyone is just a name on a screen (I'm paraphrasing badly). There is a unreality to this. To me, there is no sense in investing more emotion or self worth than what you would do with a daydream.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Some self-righteous, pseudo investigative reporter/commentator moonlighting as a Solo pundit? The tool added nothing original to the forum. All he did was provoke, instigate, and regurgitate.

He is a known, repeat offender who will return. You can count on it. He is probably trying to re-register right now.

Plus... keep in mind, nothing Tulip said or posted was original or intelligent or revealing. The Croce link could have been posted by any one of us. I could have posted it. Calling Geezer overweight in the KY thread has been done before. And I thought fat shaming was off the table. Writing a blog entry shaming Robby for a 'friend request' was what, exactly? Clever? Witty? I say petty and immature. Served no purpose. Enlightened no one. He is an IDIOT! A firebrand. Not a hero. Are you an apologist for trolls? sounds like it to me.

I agree with Iona. And I don't for a minute think that she is an apologist for trolls. That is like me calling you an apologist for abusers...

Everyone has their opinion. You can engage, debate, or ignore, rb. When you disagree with someone repeatedly, you always call them a troll. Why is everyone you disagree with a troll, or has something to do with trolls, trolling, etc? Some comments by Tulip were indeed petty and immature, but that is nothing, NOTHING compared to the stuff I've read by others on here. For example you and cg, and the various posts by you fat shaming someone or other. And IT DOES say more about you, than, for example crystal. You claim to be intelligent and well read, but they way you act on here sometimes tells a completely different story.

Call me a troll, say whatever you like rb, or ignore me -it's fine. This is just my observation.

Does anybody here do any sports. These type of activities are the grease that keeps the engine of life running. What is your grease.

Through my life I have never been a shut in. I have found a great sense of feeling in my life through the introspective thoughts during physical suffrage. Mind you, this is goal oriented stuff, race schedules, etc etc. This is not "oh whoa is me" shit.

I raced yesterday. Feeling pretty good today and went for a quick 45mile spin with 4000 feet of climbing. The iPhone playlist today was the albums Brett dennen (hope for the hopeless), tired pony (the place we ran from), skysailing (an airplane carried me), and you guessed it moz-YOR.

Below is what I rode through about 30 miles in. Can you believe, it's only 20 minutes from San Francisco.
View attachment 31329

What kind of bike?

I love to cycle, ride horses, run (though I hate the first mile), hike, ski, rollerblade...anything that keeps the body moving and active.

I agree with Iona. And I don't for a minute think that she is an apologist for trolls. That is like me calling you an apologist for abusers...

Everyone has their opinion. You can engage, debate, or ignore, rb. When you disagree with someone repeatedly, you always call them a troll. Why is everyone you disagree with a troll, or has something to do with trolls, trolling, etc? Some comments by Tulip were indeed petty and immature, but that is nothing, NOTHING compared to the stuff I've read by others on here. For example you and cg, and the various posts by you fat shaming someone or other. And IT DOES say more about you, than, for example crystal. You claim to be intelligent and well read, but they way you act on here sometimes tells a completely different story.

I certainly do not think someone is a troll simply because they disagree with me, have different worldviews, religions, or weight sizes. hand in glove and Justin Playfair are NOT trolls. Though I have absolutely nothing in common with either of them. And disagree with almost everything they say and think. Day and night. Black and white. I would never have them as friends IRL or online. I don't trust them. I think they are both irrational and illogical thinkers. And most importantly, they both have faith-based epistemologies. But who cares? I don't--as long as they don't accuse me of creating false identities based on some 'gut feeling.' Or accuse me of posting songs to insult them. :rolleyes: They are not ones to need evidence before lighting the pit-fire, if you understand my point. Justin has been absent since I outed him as being insecure and unsure. Proving my point. Also, Mozza and I butt heads, but I do not consider her a troll either.

What EXACTLY does it say about me if I think being overweight is an undesirable state of being? And that a little shaming can actually motivate a person to lose some weight? Are doctors unintelligent? Because this is what good doctors do with their patients. Molly coddling the obese does them a disservice.

Call me a troll, say whatever you like rb, or ignore me -it's fine. This is just my observation.

You could be a troll. You could be Tulip. Pet Troll. You could be hand in glove. You could be someone I get along with under a registered user name. Who knows? Who cares? Not me. But based on the content of this single post, I would not call you a troll.

Last edited:
That's really nice of you to say. I enjoy our back and forths as well.

I think you've understood and summed up my position really well. It's a fundamental difference between us. For me, trust is earned, it's not freely given. It's lovely that you bring an optimism with you to your relationships. I have no doubt as a consequence you'll have more wonderful exchanges than I will but the price of that is you'll also have more arseholery to deal with as well.

Absolutely I care what my family think of me and will always do my very best to make them proud. But that's my flesh and blood. I will do, give and be anything that makes them better for knowing me but even there is a limit. Again, you sum up my position well. I won't repeat it.

It's worse here though because as TBT said many posts back, everyone is just a name on a screen (I'm paraphrasing badly). There is a unreality to this. To me, there is no sense in investing more emotion or self worth than what you would do with a daydream.

Lovely post. :)

If one considers shooting darts a sport, this athlete can be found hitting trips in league on thursday nights.

exactly and why not see it that way?
the truth is that even the worst "internet thing" that can happen to one does not hold a candle to the slightest bad thing that happens in "RL"

right now the "internet" is too much an approximation of the worst of most of us, when it has the potential to be the best
people just have to give it a try and you know what?
its already happening, I know mostly younger people here in China, and what they say in emails, text or "Wēixìn"
actually translates to more genuine relationships in our RL
the West may be behind the curve on this, perhaps will always be...

Great post. :thumb:

Bike is lynskey r230, sram red group, custom wheels with dura ace 9000 hubs. This is my (training) distance bike.

I certainly do not think someone is a troll simply because they disagree with me, have different worldviews, religions, or weight sizes. hand in glove and Justin Playfair are NOT trolls. Though I have absolutely nothing in common with either of them. And disagree with almost everything they say and think. Day and night. Black and white. I would never have them as friends IRL or online. I don't trust them. I think they are both irrational and illogical thinkers. And most importantly, they both have faith-based epistemologies. But who cares? I don't--as long as they don't accuse me of creating false identities based on some 'gut feeling.' Or accuse me of posting songs to insult them. :rolleyes: They are not ones to need evidence before lighting the pit-fire, if you understand my point. Justin has been absent since I outed him as being insecure and unsure. Proving my point. Also, Mozza and I butt heads, but I do not consider her a troll either.

What EXACTLY does it say about me if I think being overweight is an undesirable state of being? And that a little shaming can actually motivate a person to lose some weight? Are doctors unintelligent? Because this is what good doctors do with their patients. Molly coddling the obese does them a disservice.

You could be a troll. You could be Tulip. Pet Troll. You could be hand in glove You could be someone I get along with under a registered user name. Who knows? Who cares? Not me. But based on the content of this single post, I would not call you a troll.

Wrong. Not me. Please leave me out of your drama. Thanks.

Last edited:
Why didn't you just say that then instead of naming names? The same reason you felt the need to write a whole paragraph on the reasons why we'd never be friends?

Why didn't you just say that then instead of naming names? The same reason you felt the need to write a whole paragraph on the reasons why we'd never be friends?

To provide evidence to that person that I don't accuse people I am different from of being trolls based on our differences and disagreements. You don't troll Solo. Neither does Justin. Trolls instigate, toy with others, and derive pleasure from winding people up. It is a hobby. Thrilling. Most are sadistic psychopaths as has been recently proven.

I have one more tennis lesson to do (that I paid for.) Before that I did dance classes. Next I want to do golf lessons or more dance classes. Or more tennis lessons. No, I'm not rich or have a lot of time. I look for bargain deals, coupons, and freebies and make the time to do sporty things. Sometimes the wrapper of a tampon will have a sporty message, such as "Get the ball." That's the difference between a sporty tampon and a "gentle glide" tampon. (c)

I wouldn't call walking a sport, but my dog forces to me walk a lot, even though I'm sick of it. :p

BlueSkies

Walking up and over the Yorkshire Hills.

P.

Back
Top Bottom