What tune or song do you use on your mobile when it rings?

A

Anonymous

Yeah I just thought it would be fun to see what tunes or songs you people use as the ring sound when people call you. For many years I actually had Morrissey and "The first of the gang to die".

I am yet to decide what song to use for the new mobile I have so currently just using the tune that came with the phone. Think I will choose a Joy Division song this time. So go ahead and tell me what tune you are using.

Urban in Sweden

For a long time it was the message by grandmaster flash and the furious 5. For the last year and a half it's been cantina band theme from star wars

Oh, I have their "Interzone" as a ringtone. :o

Interesting!

I need to go through their catalogue before I choose one. It needs to be catchy at the start as most of them times you only get to hear a few seconds of the song anyway when it rings.

Urbs

i.e. What's your ringtone?

Oh, I have their "Interzone" as a ringtone. :o

Ha! Mine is "Transmission." For my mom, it's The Police's "Mother." For my wife, it's an eponymous song.

Re: i.e. What's your ringtone?

The Verizon default ringtone. I love it! It's wonderful when I'm out shopping and I hear my ringtone emanating from another phone. It makes me feel like I'm not alone--like there is a kindred spirit nearby. Critics argue that technology such as cell phones are making us feel alone and disconnected from our fellow human beings. I disagree. When I hear my shared, default ringtone, I feel connected and loved.:lbf:

Yeah I just thought it would be fun to see what tunes or songs you people use as the ring sound when people call you. For many years I actually had Morrissey and "The first of the gang to die".

I am yet to decide what song to use for the new mobile I have so currently just using the tune that came with the phone. Think I will choose a Joy Division song this time. So go ahead and tell me what tune you are using.

Urban in Sweden

They let you have a cell phone in prison? :D

I just bought a ring tone because I had the old-timey phone sound on my iPhone and it seems everyone uses that and it drives me bonkers. I bought the chorus to Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang. :D The runner up was a Dick Dale riff.

I just bought a ring tone because I had the old-timey phone sound on my iPhone and it seems everyone uses that and it drives me bonkers. I bought the chorus to Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang. :D The runner up was a Dick Dale riff.

I didn't know they still sold them. Most phones let you use your mp3s

Tony The Pony

You gotta love Android phones.
You can use any song you have inside your phone as a ringtone.

CTU Ring Tone from the show 24.

Either that or the synth bridge from Billy Joel's Pressure.

"Make some noise" by the Beastie Boys !!!

Last edited:
My incoming message alert tone is Andrew Eldritch screaming "Incoming!" from the song "Ribbons". It gives me a heart attack each time....

I didn't know they still sold them. Most phones let you use your mp3s

On an iPhone it's possible to use an mp3 but for reasons known only to cold dead Steve Jobs, it's a stupidly long winded process so most people don't bother.

That said, I did on mine & I have the Angry Birds theme music as my ringtone.

Back
Top Bottom