What to expect from new album?

I assume it means it’s gonna move away from the keyboards and electronic production. I’m guessing it’ll sound more like ringleader. I think it’d be neat if he went the folk rock route though or maybe more in the vein of the girl from etc etc

"Jim Jim falls" will be a belter. Hopefully. Never too late for a really great album with this crew. "Brow of my beloved" was a good hint, that Morrissey is able to recreate old 90s magic. Refusal was the last time I was (nearly) in peace with a whole Morrissey album. It's about time.

On a serious note, how good can it be with that shite band, and chicarelli producing it. It’s was doomed before Moz even got in the studio. It’s upto him to rescue it with some decent songs and lyricism, but I can’t see that happening. He’s lost his wit and charm. I just see a lot of moaning, petty finger pointing, justifying his actions, the right wing and racist accusations, and how in this day and age you’re persecuted for exercising your right to free speech. It’s gonna be hard for Moz to turn the corner now and do an enjoyable album, since 2014, he’s just used them to bitch and moan about the world and how badly treated he is.
But you can't look away now. Me neither.

I reckon it's gonna be a Cockney-knees-up-round-the-old-piana vibe. Total Chas n' Dave worship.
That or Hi-NRG dance.

But you can't look away now. Me neither.

I'm not keen on the producer - but I think the wit & charm is still lurking about if someone could bring it out in the mix a bit more. I loved the video for Spent The Day In Day - who but Morrissey would get Joey Barton and David Hoyle to push him around in a wheelchair, while he was in a glittery cardi, looking like your gay Uncle on day release down the bingo hall?

He'll never really be right-wing, he's too instinctively degenerate.

Yeah and as long as it's haircuts for all band members on a daily basis, it's eccentric enough to bare potential.

Just a blind guess based on the titles: after the international flavourings of World Peace and LIHS this might be Morrissey's American record, which would also make sense after he immersed himself in American music with California Son and the US tours. All that might have influenced the album both musically and lyrically. Quality-wise, I expect it to be the same mix of good and bad, flashes of past brilliance mixed with sour petulance and just plain lazy writing. With the same collaborators and done quickly after LIHS, it's hard to expect a major change in quality.

But like some anonymous poster in another thread wrote, first we'll have to hear the album. So far there has been absolutely no official info from BMG. It might be that Morrissey is playing his own game with the recent postings and pushing the record company to put it out, while BMG hasn't shown any interest in putting it out or giving it some promotion. With barely over two months to go to the projected relesed date, we should hear the first song from the album soon.

:straightface:

Skinnies and his sympathizer trolls pontificating from their basement dwelling about the new album that has yet to be released.:lbf:

shouldnt the be tracking the next LePew release? isnt that little twat LePew their idol?:straightface:

To be honest, although I'm looking fwd to it, I have mixed feelings about the new album.
I want it to be great, & a huge success for Moz (he deserves it), but I'm lowering my expectations a little, while at the same time wanting to be amazed, & don't want him to feed the trolls.
However, the haters will hate it just for the sake of hating it, whatever it ends up being like, so that's unavoidable I guess.
I know Moz is a genius, &, as a non-conformist, he'll do just as he wishes, but it must be really difficult for him to keep writing outstanding stuff.
I wish Moz & the album well.

I'm not keen on the producer - but I think the wit & charm is still lurking about if someone could bring it out in the mix a bit more. I loved the video for Spent The Day In Day - who but Morrissey would get Joey Barton and David Hoyle to push him around in a wheelchair, while he was in a glittery cardi, looking like your gay Uncle on day release down the bingo hall?
He'll never really be right-wing, he's too instinctively degenerate.
I didn't like "Spent the day" at all. The video didn't make the song better for me. It just passed me by. No catchy harbinger for LIHS. Strange piece for sure but musically it didn't pick me up where I had been waiting impatiently since Refusal.

So what could you expect now? You really can't say. More American maybe and certainly not just hard rockers, hopefully less world music and lyrics that deal with what the shallows and highs of each individual are all about. But "Love is on it's way out" sounds very bitter again.

In my opinion, the record can't be a liberating blow, because it's long since out of his own hands to save his career. The fact that BMG doesn't publish a comment to a record that will be released in about 2 months doesn't make it any better. It smells like low profile and the "strong" manager has been silent for months.

I would wish us all (him included) better conditions for 2020 but the wound is too big and it can't grow over. Everyone who has a spark of understanding for long-term fans should understand that it is not possible to put him on a pedestal anymore. He fell down there himself and was not pushed, as he and his environment always want to make believe.

My hopes for the new album:

- That it really does get released!
- That the musical experimentation of the last couple of original albums continues (while I know it divides opinions, I think the music has generally been better than the lyrics).
- That there are more personal lyrics to go with the political. The balance on the last album wasn't right.

My hopes for the new album:

- That it really does get released!
- That the musical experimentation of the last couple of original albums continues (while I know it divides opinions, I think the music has generally been better than the lyrics).
- That there are more personal lyrics to go with the political. The balance on the last album wasn't right.

The musical experimentation (or what I would just call relatively interesting and diverse arrangements) will inevitably continue - the same songwriters and producer are on board. And, yes, this is a good thing especially after the one-dimensional indie landfill stodge we were stuck with for most of the 1995-2010 era.
The personal lyrics were one of the worst aspects of the last album. The sexual stuff was horrible - clumsy, creepy and crass. He needs to steer well clear and, thankfully, the song titles suggest he has.

He beggs for hot kisses and certainly more in the backyard of the house of his lover's mum. That was not exactly subtle. No way.
The music 95-97 was subtle and provocative as well, btw.

I didn't like "Spent the day" at all. The video didn't make the song better for me. It just passed me by. No catchy harbinger for LIHS. Strange piece for sure but musically it didn't pick me up where I had been waiting impatiently since Refusal.

So what could you expect now? You really can't say. More American maybe and certainly not just hard rockers, hopefully less world music and lyrics that deal with what the shallows and highs of each individual are all about. But "Love is on it's way out" sounds very bitter again.

In my opinion, the record can't be a liberating blow, because it's long since out of his own hands to save his career. The fact that BMG doesn't publish a comment to a record that will be released in about 2 months doesn't make it any better. It smells like low profile and the "strong" manager has been silent for months.

I would wish us all (him included) better conditions for 2020 but the wound is too big and it can't grow over. Everyone who has a spark of understanding for long-term fans should understand that it is not possible to put him on a pedestal anymore. He fell down there himself and was not pushed, as he and his environment always want to make believe.

I can't change how you feel obviously, but I don't have a problem putting him on a pedestal because some of the things he's written are so beautiful & I know how how difficult & unlikely it is to write one brilliant line, nevermind have so many that subs build their headlines around them, every bloody article.

& showbiz is littered with disgrace, so that doesn't bother me either. In fact, sometimes they're more affecting when they're battling their demons. Wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the bit of his life most mined for poignant dramas (when he's gone & can't get mad about it).

Back
Top Bottom