What time is the Software Upgrade going to start?

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
No time is given in the announcement

Why do I get the feeling, we're all going to get Tossed out at 9:00 PM PST?

Maybe there is no upgrade and the mods just wanted us to leave so that they can have a sleepover. :eek:

sleepover-friends-movie-400a081407.jpg

Why wasn't I invited? :tears:

Maybe there is no upgrade and the mods just wanted us to leave so that they can have a sleepover. :eek:

sleepover-friends-movie-400a081407.jpg

Why wasn't I invited? :tears:

Why do I get the feeling that picture has more excitement than a mod sleep-over ever would have?

"Let's post pictures of each other"

"Let's watch Foreign movies!"

"Let's hand out infractions!"

how much more upgraded could it get? I'm excited! I wonder if they will add teleporters and holodecks?

how much more upgraded could it get? I'm excited! I wonder if they will add teleporters and holodecks?

We will now be able to have 151 PMs, Our ISPs will be forwarded automatically to NRITH, and all previously viewed topics will automatically display a link to the older topic. (putting someone out of a job).

On the unfortunate side, people will still be able to slip under the radar.

Anybody else intrigued by some of these new features? Like viewing a post's edit history? Or user-created groups (how 'bout one for parents only?)

I'm gonna be on this shit like white on rice.

EDIT: And while we're in for this sea change, why not add the User Reputation system, too? From the vBulletin docs:

User Reputation

The Reputation System can be used to show your approval or disapproval of a user's post. In order to give someone reputation, click the button next to the user's post and follow the instructions. Their reputation will increase or decrease depending on your approval or disapproval.

A person's reputation is easily seen by looking at the amount of green or red dots they have. A person with a high reputation will have many green dots. As your reputation gets higher, so some of the dots may turn to a brighter green. By mousing over a user's dots, you will also notice a 'dot message.' This denotes the user's reputation status and will usually consist of a quirky message unique to @forumz.

The more prolific posters tend to have a higher approval rating. You may (or may not!) want to take notice of a person with higher reputation as it is likely they will have made good posts in the past.

As your reputation gets better around @forumz, your 'dot-altering' potential will become more powerful. This is the degree to which you are able to alter someone's reputation.

This power depends on 3 things:
1. the amount of time you have been registered with @forumz.
2. the amount of posts you have made.
3. the amount of reputation you have yourself.

Factors 1 and 2 can be found either under your user name or in your user profile. Only you will know factor 3 and that is located under your User CP.

As well as your reputation, you will also be able to see your previous 10 reputation boosts. Premium members will be able to see who left them the reputation.

Green dots signify positive reputation, Red dots negative. Occasionally you will get a 'grey dot.' This is reputation left by someone who has not been long registered with @forumz. Regardless of whether they intended it to be positive or negative, it is neutral and will not effect your reputation.

In order to encourage positive reputation, negative reputation (red dots) will only have half of the reputation-altering power of green dots.

You can see who has the highest reputation by going to the Members List and ordering by reputation or clicking here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom