What things that Morrissey has called himself in songs do you agree he is?

What things that Morrissey has called himself in songs do you agree he is?

• Total voters
Practicing Troublemaker...

I think he has explosive kegs between his legs ;)

Probably of all the ones he's mentioned, the one that is truest is that he is shy.

Oops. I answered before the poll was up. Sorry

Last edited:
Interesting that we can choose mulitple selections...

Shame on you for leaving out the quotes from Nobody Loves Us...

Arguably his most brilliant song ever

Interesting that we can choose mulitple selections...

Shame on you for leaving out the quotes from Nobody Loves Us...

Arguably his most brilliant song ever

I chose to neglect that song because he says so many things in that one song I wouldn't be satisfied with just one quote, and it's about "Us", not just him, so I got really particular with what qualified! :p

I chose to neglect that song because he says so many things in that one song I wouldn't be satisfied with just one quote, and it's about "Us", not just him, so I got really particular with what qualified! :p

I was joking of course...

But not about the part of being his most brilliant song...

I think he knew that if he titled it Nobody Loves Me, half of us would have gone out and killed oursleves over how depressed it would make us feel...

Brilliantly, he makes us all relate to it...which is why it's so brilliant

I was joking of course...

But not about the part of being his most brilliant song...

I think he knew that if he titled it Nobody Loves Me, half of us would have gone out and killed oursleves over how depressed it would make us feel...

Brilliantly, he makes us all relate to it...which is why it's so brilliant

Yeah, I'm just joking back. ;) I think that the song isn't really about him, and he's just throwing himself in there as "Us" rather than "Them" because it sound so much better with him involved. "Nobody Loves Me" and "Nobody Loves Them" sound bad for different reasons, but "Nobody Loves Us" is a great title. :)

Hated for loving

Okay, a new question for everyone: who is he loving and who is hating him for it, and why? I have to say I'm surprised no one has jumped on this song as being one of those that "prove he's gay". :p An intolerant society hating him for loving another man, hmm, anyone, anyone?

OMG, someone actually voted for "The world's ugliest boy!" :eek: I put that one in for the satisfaction of seeing a poll option receive zero votes or something. :p

Hi, Kui
Great great poll.
Congatulations!

Thanks, Judge. :) I'm flattered. :o

Okay, a new question for everyone: who is he loving and who is hating him for it, and why? I have to say I'm surprised no one has jumped on this song as being one of those that "prove he's gay". :p An intolerant society hating him for loving another man, hmm, anyone, anyone?

Sorry for getting in the way of the poll, I didn't mean to :p

I've heard a few people say about the gay thing and I can understand why. I love the song for completely different reasons. As discussed on another thread, it's great how so many people can relate to the same Morrissey songs for completely different reasons.

Sorry for getting in the way of the poll, I didn't mean to :p

No, all answers are valid because the poll is limited to 15 options, I was the one who decided to go off-topic. :p

I've heard a few people say about the gay thing and I can understand why. I love the song for completely different reasons. As discussed on another thread, it's great how so many people can relate to the same Morrissey songs for completely different reasons.

Yes, agreed. :) I think some of his earlier lyrics were more personal or more straightforward with one or few meanings, and multiple interpretations are possible but not accurate. Later on I think he kind of honed his craft to being able to produce lyrics meant to have multiple meanings. I don't think just by chance he could have produced so many songs that can be read so many different ways.

Can I torture the person who agrees he is a sickening wreck, please?

"was a small fat child in a council house" is a favorite. Good poll. I think he's a reasonably good buy. In a non-sexual concert way, I mean. :p

a back scrubber

Back
Top Bottom