What the hell is that song that sounds like Echo Beach

Voodoo Doll

but isnt...? Its got me twice today. Some squawking screechy voice singing indecipherable lyrics that do not go "From nine till five I have to spend my time at work The job is very boring, I'm an office clerk
The only thing that helps pass the time away
Is knowing I'll be back at Echo Beach some day"
:swear::angry:

but isnt...? Its got me twice today. Some squawking screechy voice singing indecipherable lyrics that do not go "From nine till five I have to spend my time at work The job is very boring, I'm an office clerk

haha this has bothered me since I first heard this song!! I know exactly what you're talking about, but I can't put it together either - does anybody know? The only tune I could somewhat correlate Echo Beach with in my head was Reptile by the Church - but thats not speaking to the particular bit you're asking about. It actually drives me crazy too.

a woman of your advanced years should know that song well:p

:rolleyes: You dont know either do you? I just hate it when I get caught out saying 'oh, i love this song' when summat comes on the radio and you look a right idiot cos its a pile of shite and not the song you thought it was. Like that Hippychick ages ago that started off with How Soon Is Now intro...

Ha ha Voodoo,
I was working at a kids camp in the USA when that Hippy Chick song came out......
None of the Yanks I was working with (nor the Europeans come to think of it!:rolleyes:) had any musical taste......
So we were sat in the staff room and ''How Soon Is Now?' came on some crap Connecticut radio station.....I'm like 'WOW'...... leggit across the room and turn the radio up saying ''This is one of the greatest tunes ever made'' and then the penny dropped......
:o:o:o:o

Jukebox Jury

Ha ha Voodoo,
I was working at a kids camp in the USA when that Hippy Chick song came out......
None of the Yanks I was working with (nor the Europeans come to think of it!:rolleyes:) had any musical taste......
So we were sat in the staff room and ''How Soon Is Now?' came on some crap Connecticut radio station.....I'm like 'WOW'...... leggit across the room and turn the radio up saying ''This is one of the greatest tunes ever made'' and then the penny dropped......
:o:o:o:o

Jukebox Jury

Lol! Greatest tune ever & the only lyrics are hip hip hip! :D I have stormed off the dancefloor many a time cos of that song...:blushing:

The artist is called MPHO ( pronounced Oom-Poh) and the single is called Box N locks.

I actually saw her in The Guardian Lounge tent at Glastonbury at the weekend whislt I was waiting for John McClure to come on. To be fair she was pretty decent vocally.

YES! I had XFM on the minibus radio today - the song came on and the DJ said it was ''Umpah'' but maybe spelt as the St Helen's bloke above has spelt it:thumb:
Must admit.... first hearing...... liked it............

Jukebox Jury

Don't know the song you're talking about but I am now going to download Echo Beach off iTunes. Not heard it in ages.

Back
Top Bottom