What the h... is wrong with music today?

You say "the kids are alright" and a few days ago I watched with embarrassment as The Who were trotted out like ancient circus freaks to play the Super Bowl at half-time. Enough said.

I wasn't referring to the state of The Who. Rock and roll is both a mug's and young man's game. I said the kids not the geriatric wing of the rock n' roll hall of fame was alright, any allusions be damned.

i love how this thread is very active for a few days, then dies down while Worm and Qvist are scouring the library for obscure philosophy tomes and fanzine articles on Belgian Cold Wave

I thought I better bump this so we don't lose our place to the other 'music sucks today' thread.

--The world's changing. Music's changing. Even drugs are changing. You can't stay in here all day dreaming about heroin and Ziggy Pop.

--It's lggy Pop.

--Whatever. I mean, the guy's dead anyway.

--Iggy Pop is not dead. He toured last year. Tommy went to see him.

--The point is, you've got to find something new.

I thought I better bump this so we don't lose our place to the other 'music sucks today' thread.

--The world's changing. Music's changing. Even drugs are changing. You can't stay in here all day dreaming about heroin and Ziggy Pop.

--It's lggy Pop.

--Whatever. I mean, the guy's dead anyway.

--Iggy Pop is not dead. He toured last year. Tommy went to see him.

--The point is, you've got to find something new.

very true...about the drugs i mean. i was talking to a girl at work about LSD and she thought they stopped making it in the 70's.

anyone seen the new Xiu Xiu video? it's very :sick: in the best way.

very true...about the drugs i mean. i was talking to a girl at work about LSD and she thought they stopped making it in the 70's.

anyone seen the new Xiu Xiu video? it's very :sick: in the best way.

Xiu Xiu are AMAZING. I agree about the video. Disgusting, but satisfying.

Tags
*words just words
Back
Top Bottom