What the F**K is wrong with the Israel?

I can't believe I'm going to agree with Theo but...well, Hamas did start this to my knowledge.

If we're going to ask "What the f**k is wrong with Israel" we also need to ask "What the f**k is wrong with Hamas". It takes two or more sides to fight.

That said, I hate the ridiculous loss of life, and I hope there will be peace soon.

Yes, a ridiculous loss of life in the Middle East, and a ridiculous, wilfully ignorant thread from Lux Girl and company.

And did you see this:

Palestinian rocket kills 2 Gaza girls

GAZA (Reuters) – A rocket apparently fired by Palestinians on Friday struck a house in the Gaza Strip, killing two Palestinian sisters aged five and 13, Palestinian medics said.

Hamas police said they were investigating the cause of the blast in Beit Lahiya village in northern Gaza, which medics said seemed to be due to a rocket aimed at Israel that had misfired.

Gaza militants frequently fire rockets at Israel from the same area.

The incident came amid rising tensions with Israel, with officials threatening stepped-up military action against Gaza militants to stop rocket shootings from the coastal territory.

How did Allah let the terror-lovers misfire their rocket?

Oops, I mentioned a rocket again. We're not supposed to talk about the rockets they've been hammering Israel with in violation of the truce. They were just trying to indiscriminately kill some Israelis, and nothing about that upset Lux Girl's Christmas cheer. But it is so unfair that they have such crappy weapons. Evil America is to blame for this. They would have better weapons to fire at the Jews if America wasn't so damn one-sided.

This is why I have such respect for Isreal. Say what you want about them, but they don't take shit from anybody. If you come into Isreal as a suicide bomber, or a terrorist, they will not only kill you, but they will track down your family and every single blood relative you have, level their homes, burn their busineness' and render them penniless and pathetic.

I like their attitude.

This is why I have such respect for Isreal. Say what you want about them, but they don't take shit from anybody. If you come into Isreal as a suicide bomber, or a terrorist, they will not only kill you, but they will track down your family and every single blood relative you have, level their homes, burn their busineness' and render them penniless and pathetic.

I like their attitude.

But it's not a very Christian attitude, is it?

Ohhhh...

Ever since the bombing started I find it a little harder to breathe.

Yeah I'm a little worried myself but I'm trying not to let it get to me.

I agree with Theo. I won't try to improve upon what he said, I will only add that I wish people were more informed on current events and world politics in general. I don't expect us to all become experts in world affairs, but a few more minutes of your day spent on reading the news and becoming more aware of what's going on, would I think help greatly.
See, the problem is, when you have large blocs of a population ranting about things they are un/misinformed about, it can have a terrible effect on the outcomes of these events. Politicians and leaders will have to cave in and pander to this ignorant mass and that doesn't help anything. It is a decision made hastily through the pressure of an uninformed horde, even if the leader/politician knows better, he/she wants to be re-elected and will need these ignorant people to vote for him/her. Anyway, I say all this just to say, please people, we need to become more informed as a society.

What's goin' on in the Middle East?
One minute we're all enjoying Christmas, next minute israel is bombing the shite outta Gaza.
I'm not a happy bunny......
I don't know, maybe one minute Israel was enjoying Hanukkah and the next minute they have missles landing during their menorah lightings.

I agree with Theo. I won't try to improve upon what he said, I will only add that I wish people were more informed on current events and world politics in general. I don't expect us to all become experts in world affairs, but a few more minutes of your day spent on reading the news and becoming more aware of what's going on, would I think help greatly.
See, the problem is, when you have large blocs of a population ranting about things they are un/misinformed about, it can have a terrible effect on the outcomes of these events. Politicians and leaders will have to cave in and pander to this ignorant mass and that doesn't help anything. It is a decision made hastily through the pressure of an uninformed horde, even if the leader/politician knows better, he/she wants to be re-elected and will need these ignorant people to vote for him/her. Anyway, I say all this just to say, please people, we need to become more informed as a society.

Well said, Chico.

And to think I almost attacked you in your goofball thread yesterday.

Here is a report from somebody who actually lives in the areas affected and doesn't type shite out of their arse from behind a computer screen in an affluent country not affected...

From The Independent

Robert Fisk: Leaders lie, civilians die, and lessons of history are ignored

Monday, 29 December 2008

We've got so used to the carnage of the Middle East that we don't care any more – providing we don't offend the Israelis. It's not clear how many of the Gaza dead are civilians, but the response of the Bush administration, not to mention the pusillanimous reaction of Gordon Brown, reaffirm for Arabs what they have known for decades: however they struggle against their antagonists, the West will take Israel's side. As usual, the bloodbath was the fault of the Arabs – who, as we all know, only understand force.

Ever since 1948, we've been hearing this balderdash from the Israelis – just as Arab nationalists and then Arab Islamists have been peddling their own lies: that the Zionist "death wagon" will be overthrown, that all Jerusalem will be "liberated". And always Mr Bush Snr or Mr Clinton or Mr Bush Jnr or Mr Blair or Mr Brown have called upon both sides to exercise "restraint" – as if the Palestinians and the Israelis both have F-18s and Merkava tanks and field artillery. Hamas's home-made rockets have killed just 20 Israelis in eight years, but a day-long blitz by Israeli aircraft that kills almost 300 Palestinians is just par for the course.

The blood-splattering has its own routine. Yes, Hamas provoked Israel's anger, just as Israel provoked Hamas's anger, which was provoked by Israel, which was provoked by Hamas, which ... See what I mean? Hamas fires rockets at Israel, Israel bombs Hamas, Hamas fires more rockets and Israel bombs again and ... Got it? And we demand security for Israel – rightly – but overlook this massive and utterly disproportionate slaughter by Israel. It was Madeleine Albright who once said that Israel was "under siege" – as if Palestinian tanks were in the streets of Tel Aviv.

By last night, the exchange rate stood at 296 Palestinians dead for one dead Israeli. Back in 2006, it was 10 Lebanese dead for one Israeli dead. This weekend was the most inflationary exchange rate in a single day since – the 1973 Middle East War? The 1967 Six Day War? The 1956 Suez War? The 1948 Independence/Nakba War? It's obscene, a gruesome game – which Ehud Barak, the Israeli Defence Minister, unconsciously admitted when he spoke this weekend to Fox TV. "Our intention is to totally change the rules of the game," Barak said.

Exactly. Only the "rules" of the game don't change. This is a further slippage on the Arab-Israeli exchanges, a percentage slide more awesome than Wall Street's crashing shares, though of not much interest in the US which – let us remember – made the F-18s and the Hellfire missiles which the Bush administration pleads with Israel to use sparingly.

Quite a lot of the dead this weekend appear to have been Hamas members, but what is it supposed to solve? Is Hamas going to say: "Wow, this blitz is awesome – we'd better recognise the state of Israel, fall in line with the Palestinian Authority, lay down our weapons and pray we are taken prisoner and locked up indefinitely and support a new American 'peace process' in the Middle East!" Is that what the Israelis and the Americans and Gordon Brown think Hamas is going to do?

Yes, let's remember Hamas's cynicism, the cynicism of all armed Islamist groups. Their need for Muslim martyrs is as crucial to them as Israel's need to create them. The lesson Israel thinks it is teaching – come to heel or we will crush you – is not the lesson Hamas is learning. Hamas needs violence to emphasise the oppression of the Palestinians – and relies on Israel to provide it. A few rockets into Israel and Israel obliges.

Not a whimper from Tony Blair, the peace envoy to the Middle East who's never been to Gaza in his current incarnation. Not a bloody word.

We hear the usual Israeli line. General Yaakov Amidror, the former head of the Israeli army's "research and assessment division" announced that "no country in the world would allow its citizens to be made the target of rocket attacks without taking vigorous steps to defend them". Quite so. But when the IRA were firing mortars over the border into Northern Ireland, when their guerrillas were crossing from the Republic to attack police stations and Protestants, did Britain unleash the RAF on the Irish Republic? Did the RAF bomb churches and tankers and police stations and zap 300 civilians to teach the Irish a lesson? No, it did not. Because the world would have seen it as criminal behaviour. We didn't want to lower ourselves to the IRA's level.

Yes, Israel deserves security. But these bloodbaths will not bring it. Not since 1948 have air raids protected Israel. Israel has bombed Lebanon thousands of times since 1975 and not one has eliminated "terrorism". So what was the reaction last night? The Israelis threaten ground attacks. Hamas waits for another battle. Our Western politicians crouch in their funk holes. And somewhere to the east – in a cave? a basement? on a mountainside? – a well-known man in a turban smiles.

I don't know, maybe one minute Israel was enjoying Hanukkah and the next minute they have missles landing during their menorah lightings.

LOL

I hope you have a wonderful New Year, Devils. I always like your cameo appearances in SoLow but miss the days when you were a regular star.

So, should I still be a C.C. Sabathia fan now that the Yankees bought him?

It's okay, I guess. The Indians snagged the Mets' Kerry Wood to be our new closer. Tribe vs Yanks -- 2009 ALCS!! 2008 Cy Young winner Cliff Lee vs 2007 Cy Young winner Sabathia in game 1! Plus, hopefully, lots and lots of bugs swarming Jeter and Joba.

Here is a report from somebody who actually lives in the areas affected and doesn't type shite out of their arse from behind a computer screen in an affluent country not affected...

From The Independent

Robert Fisk: Leaders lie, civilians die, and lessons of history are ignored

Monday, 29 December 2008

We've got so used to the carnage of the Middle East that we don't care any more – providing we don't offend the Israelis. It's not clear how many of the Gaza dead are civilians, but the response of the Bush administration, not to mention the pusillanimous reaction of Gordon Brown, reaffirm for Arabs what they have known for decades: however they struggle against their antagonists, the West will take Israel's side. As usual, the bloodbath was the fault of the Arabs – who, as we all know, only understand force.

Ever since 1948, we've been hearing this balderdash from the Israelis – just as Arab nationalists and then Arab Islamists have been peddling their own lies: that the Zionist "death wagon" will be overthrown, that all Jerusalem will be "liberated". And always Mr Bush Snr or Mr Clinton or Mr Bush Jnr or Mr Blair or Mr Brown have called upon both sides to exercise "restraint" – as if the Palestinians and the Israelis both have F-18s and Merkava tanks and field artillery. Hamas's home-made rockets have killed just 20 Israelis in eight years, but a day-long blitz by Israeli aircraft that kills almost 300 Palestinians is just par for the course.

The blood-splattering has its own routine. Yes, Hamas provoked Israel's anger, just as Israel provoked Hamas's anger, which was provoked by Israel, which was provoked by Hamas, which ... See what I mean? Hamas fires rockets at Israel, Israel bombs Hamas, Hamas fires more rockets and Israel bombs again and ... Got it? And we demand security for Israel – rightly – but overlook this massive and utterly disproportionate slaughter by Israel. It was Madeleine Albright who once said that Israel was "under siege" – as if Palestinian tanks were in the streets of Tel Aviv.

By last night, the exchange rate stood at 296 Palestinians dead for one dead Israeli. Back in 2006, it was 10 Lebanese dead for one Israeli dead. This weekend was the most inflationary exchange rate in a single day since – the 1973 Middle East War? The 1967 Six Day War? The 1956 Suez War? The 1948 Independence/Nakba War? It's obscene, a gruesome game – which Ehud Barak, the Israeli Defence Minister, unconsciously admitted when he spoke this weekend to Fox TV. "Our intention is to totally change the rules of the game," Barak said.

Exactly. Only the "rules" of the game don't change. This is a further slippage on the Arab-Israeli exchanges, a percentage slide more awesome than Wall Street's crashing shares, though of not much interest in the US which – let us remember – made the F-18s and the Hellfire missiles which the Bush administration pleads with Israel to use sparingly.

Quite a lot of the dead this weekend appear to have been Hamas members, but what is it supposed to solve? Is Hamas going to say: "Wow, this blitz is awesome – we'd better recognise the state of Israel, fall in line with the Palestinian Authority, lay down our weapons and pray we are taken prisoner and locked up indefinitely and support a new American 'peace process' in the Middle East!" Is that what the Israelis and the Americans and Gordon Brown think Hamas is going to do?

Yes, let's remember Hamas's cynicism, the cynicism of all armed Islamist groups. Their need for Muslim martyrs is as crucial to them as Israel's need to create them. The lesson Israel thinks it is teaching – come to heel or we will crush you – is not the lesson Hamas is learning. Hamas needs violence to emphasise the oppression of the Palestinians – and relies on Israel to provide it. A few rockets into Israel and Israel obliges.

Not a whimper from Tony Blair, the peace envoy to the Middle East who's never been to Gaza in his current incarnation. Not a bloody word.

We hear the usual Israeli line. General Yaakov Amidror, the former head of the Israeli army's "research and assessment division" announced that "no country in the world would allow its citizens to be made the target of rocket attacks without taking vigorous steps to defend them". Quite so. But when the IRA were firing mortars over the border into Northern Ireland, when their guerrillas were crossing from the Republic to attack police stations and Protestants, did Britain unleash the RAF on the Irish Republic? Did the RAF bomb churches and tankers and police stations and zap 300 civilians to teach the Irish a lesson? No, it did not. Because the world would have seen it as criminal behaviour. We didn't want to lower ourselves to the IRA's level.

Yes, Israel deserves security. But these bloodbaths will not bring it. Not since 1948 have air raids protected Israel. Israel has bombed Lebanon thousands of times since 1975 and not one has eliminated "terrorism". So what was the reaction last night? The Israelis threaten ground attacks. Hamas waits for another battle. Our Western politicians crouch in their funk holes. And somewhere to the east – in a cave? a basement? on a mountainside? – a well-known man in a turban smiles.

No one wins the war of terror.
It should be stopped now. :(

Why should America not be friends with Israel? Because people like you say so? Please. You're not on the side of good, so hop along little bunny.

If Mexico was launching rockets into Arizona, you're God Damn right America should go take care of business. Governments exist to protect their citizens. Oh, but the Israeli government isn't allowed, because they're a Special Case (read: full of Jews)
.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear Theo, you are an angry person!
I'm Irish, understand terrorism better that you, as I grew up with it constantly on the news, in my own country.
I am not anti israel and most certainly not anti-semetic.
I have seen what hatred of another person's religion can do.
I'm jaded with terrorism, it's still new to certain countries in this world, but unfortunately not in the Middle east.
All I want as a rational, peace-loving person is to see a swift resolution. We did it in ireland and I firmly believe peace can be brokered in other places too.
I wish you and yours a very happy and peaceful new year

You steal land. Force people into ghettos then starve and deny them medicine.
Agree a 2 state peace deal but refuse to implement it.
Ignore the UN.

Then protecting your stolen land from it's rightful inhabitants you mass murder innocent people on such a terrible scale that it shames humanity.

God help you.

Last edited:
you know whats funny?
i have a lot of Jewish friends and none of them have supported Israel for years
basically since that right wing piece of shit killed Rabin and Peres could not rise to the task
Israel is doomed and gives all Jews a bad name now, still, most do not want to publicly say shit against Israel, but they do not visit it or give it money
they hate the scum who run Israel as much as people like me hate Bush, actually there is little difference between these monsters except that we are going to be free of ours just the slightest bit(hopefully when Obama takes office)
Will Israel ever be?
I doubt it, I see a nuclear attack in their future, then and only then when Arab and Jew are incinerated along side each other can the world move on from wasting any more energy on their long, pointless and stupid struggle!

You steal land. Force people into ghettos then starve and deny them medicine.
Agree a 2 state peace deal but refuse to implement it.
Ignore the UN.

Then protecting your stolen land from it's rightful inhabitants you mass murder innocent people on such a terrible scale that it shames humanity.

God help you.

Heh. Which side are you referring to? Who stole whose land?

The following statistic may be easy enough to comprehend for some of the cretins posting in this thread. Then again.....

Hamas's home-made rockets have killed just 20 Israelis in eight years, but a day-long blitz by Israeli aircraft that kills almost 300 Palestinians is just par for the course.

The following statistic may be easy enough to comprehend for some of the cretins posting in this thread. Then again.....

Hamas's home-made rockets have killed just 20 Israelis in eight years, but a day-long blitz by Israeli aircraft that kills almost 300 Palestinians is just par for the course.
true, but we all know, in our hearts, that Israel is allowed by 'the West' to kill up to 6 million other people to 'even up the books' for ww2 :p

Tags
i want an israeli girl liberals are clueless lux girl hates america shaking hands doesnt work sorry theo--nrith theo was framed theo's tag trolling again wasn't theo but he agrees
Back
Top Bottom