What sort of jobs do people on here do ?

Porcupine Tree

I was in the Police (not the band!) for a number of years, then retrained as a social worker. I am off long term sick though, I must admit.

I just wondered what others did on here? Not for any particular reason. I don’t really do forums much (I did do a darts & snooker one for a while) & it’s interesting to know who does what, what backgrounds Morrissey fans have.

I was in the Police (not the band!) for a number of years, then retrained as a social worker. I am off long term sick though, I must admit.

I just wondered what others did on here? Not for any particular reason. I don’t really do forums much (I did do a darts & snooker one for a while) & it’s interesting to know who does what, what backgrounds Morrissey fans have.

It has been conclusively established over the years that everyone on this forum is on the dole.

It has been conclusively established over the years that everyone on this forum is on the dole.
It seems @rifke and @Carlisle baz are the only people here who have jobs. Rifke works for a supermarket and baz is a sort of a jail guard I think. I'm on disability for major depression but hope to build a career as a fine arts painter.

It seems @rifke and @Carlisle baz are the only people here who have jobs. Rifke works for a supermarket and baz is a sort of a jail guard I think. I'm on disability for major depression but hope to build a career as a fine arts painter.
Jail guard - that is a tough job, I’ve known quite a few in my time.

I’m off work for a similar reason to you, not sure if I’ll go back now though. I could retire now with my police pension but I don’t fancy not working at all. I might get a part-time job at B&Q, something along those lines.

I’m off work for a similar reason to you, not sure if I’ll go back now though. I could retire now with my police pension but I don’t fancy not working at all. I might get a part-time job at B&Q, something along those lines.
What's B&Q?

Sticking this here to watch later. No commercials when embedded here.

most directly or indirectly on the dole, sick pay, kung flu pay however
you want to call it 🥸
some have under the table 'jobs' so as to maintain their dole, magento as a jail janitor
and radish runs a hot fish cart in london.
some work to increase their dole by going for sophisticated dole, like an 'art residency'.:hammer:

It’s a hardware chain, they sell all sorts of tools, things for the garden etc. I’m not putting it down, but I fancy something easy to see out my working life & when you’ve been in the Police & a Social Worker, I think it’d be fairly plain sailing.
You'll meet all the murderers who come in to buy their hammers, screwdrivers, plastic tarpaulins, and shovels.

That seems to be what certain people do now when they retire, I work with two ex coppers who have retired,and they are part time..
I’m not a jail warden as lighthouse work said, I work with high risk offenders...
What did you do in the force?

Oh I can spot them anywhere 😂.

Quite a nice little forum this, I may spend some time here over the next few weeks/months. I usually avoid things like this like the plague, you hear so much about online trolling etc, but I guess a Morrissey site isn’t going to be like that anyway.
Wait till rifke gets here spewing her vitriol. Troll par excellence. Be warned. There's no one she doesn't wind up one way or another.

If I’ve achieved anything in my life, lifting exposure of Porcupine Tree today is up there amongst the best! I honestly couldn’t think of a user name, took a quick glance at my collection & chose them.

Still a freakin' awesome song that.

🥸
thats what all these layabouts think that chomping dole is 'an employment status'.:crazy:
thats why they post as if they were scientists and captains of industry(n)
:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom