What song/s are you obsessed with at the moment

Suede- New Generation, The 2 Of Us
Interpol- NARC, C'mere
Siouxsie and the Banshees- Slowdive, Dazzle.

The latest album by the Manic Street Preachers, 'Send Away The Tigers' and Back to Black by Amy Winehouse.

Interpol - Pace Is The Trick (it rocks)

Horse - Hindsight... It's a Wonderful Thing (this one really sends shivers down my spine, worth looking out for - such an underrated artist)

Gene - Does He Have A Name? (Great lyrics, interesting music)

For reasons unknowen - The Killers

Great song. That was one of the best songs (energy level) in concert when I saw them at a small venue in Oct '06. I really like Sam's Town -I've been trying to get into Sawdust but it's not really hooking me yet...

Speaking of energy and obsessions, I was listening to Big Audio Dynamite's Megatop Phoenix yesterday and I'm re-hooked up with a favorite. Love this album.

I haven't been able to get into the killers since a while back. I think they destroyed Shadowplay on their latest release, but I'm a big JD fan so I may be biased.

I've been loving French Kicks - Following Waves for a while. All their songs are good, IMO, but then again they're another favorite band of mine.

You might laugh....

"Dressed up like a million dollar trooper. Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper! Super Duper! Come let's mix where rockafellas walk with sticks and umbrellas in their mits..Have you seen the well to do? Up and down Park Avenue? On that famous thorough fare, with their noses in the air.."

Guess!!!!!

songs Carolyn's Fingers and Lazy Calm
album Victorialand

all COCTEAU TWINS, obsessed with this band

"Dressed up like a million dollar trooper. Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper! Super Duper! Come let's mix where rockafellas walk with sticks and umbrellas in their mits..Have you seen the well to do? Up and down Park Avenue? On that famous thorough fare, with their noses in the air.."

Guess what the song is? "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco. Well, it's a lot older than that, but Taco's version is probably the one you're listening to.

You might laugh....

Guess!!!!!

Oh, my... I loved that song. In fact, I'm pretty sure I bought the 7". That may well have been the first record I ever bought. I wonder where that puts me on the ladder of coolness? A campy cover of a 1929 Irving Berlin song...

Back
Top Bottom