What song are you listening to right now?

the covers were better back then.

Great find, spent. Has this one ever made it onto any of those long compendiums of covers on Morrissey Central? This fellow is so operatic. The earnest strumming, the expressive vocalizing. The way he sings "killed" sounds like he's Italian. "You have keeled me." Everything fits together in this little slice of bedsit art.

:leopard:

The sound of my 21st birthday...

"Don't know why//I never realized how long it takes for half an hour to pass//When you're waiting for someone//All aglow..."

I love the Pastels.
I've met Stephen a few times. He runs a record shop in Glasgow now called Monorail Music, and often serves behind the counter. I also saw/heard him DJ at a couple of Creation Records nights back in the day.
'Sit On It Mother' is definitely my favourite track of theirs, but maybe more because of the emotional ephemera that surrounds it :guitar: :sunglasses:

I've met Stephen a few times. He runs a record shop in Glasgow now called Monorail Music, and often serves behind the counter. I also saw/heard him DJ at a couple of Creation Records nights back in the day.
'Sit On It Mother' is definitely my favourite track of theirs, but maybe more because of the emotional ephemera that surrounds it :guitar: :sunglasses:

This reminds me of a time before this work broke my spirit.

Beautiful song. Think it's Katrina singing on this one. She formed her own band/duo Melody Dog, who didn't record an awful lot of songs, but did cover the Brian Wilson/Ronnie Spector confection 'Don't Worry Baby'....

I used to love to do drugs and listen to the pastels.
not hard drugs, you see, just smoke a little grass and just chill to the chill vibes. :)

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom