What song are you listening to right now?

The young have this idea that life will go on like usual as you get older but everyone changes and it is not for the better. It's impossible for Moz or anyone his age to produce something that still feels important or even valuable.

It is obvious he has reconciled with life and the two have this love/hate relationship now. Moz even told the swedish journo that when you turn 40 you cry a lot and I think that says it all.

Far too many people here are incredibly badly educated when it comes to what Moz has stated in his past life yet they all claim to know this and that. Just like any type of car mechanics forum really.

"like the Russians wondering why we're born under a clear blue sky but die in a dark forest"

Tigers jaw - oh time

One of the best from the new album spin. I got into this band with charmer there last album and had never heard of them before this. When reading about the making of that album the story usually goes quintet now reduced to a duo that managed to convince the remaining three to record the album before they left. What it doesn't say is that one of those members was the founder and co singer songwriter. When I heard the new stuff I thought wow his voice is really different but it turns out that I really enjoyed the guy who left as he had a really interesting dispassionate apathetic quality to his singing and lyrics. That said the new tigers jaw feels like a new band with just touches of the old bands sound. Spin is lighter and more wistful than ever before and while a lot of it is catchy it doesn't feel as emotionally weighty as before and maybe not as essential. I'm not sure yet. The heavier grungier sound of old is for sure gone and the emo is now more like power pop but it does have its moments. Guardian is super catchy if repetitive and June featuring Brianna singing, she sings a lot more on this album which is one of the better changes to the bands sound, hits the sweet spot the songs title evokes. All in all I'm bummed but I'll make do with the decent consolation prize. It may grow on me

So far this morning I've listened to the new Mountain Goats, which is a pretty fun album about growing older as a goth, and now I'm halfway through a Twilight Sad album. Which isn't fun necessarily, but fits pretty well with my second cup of coffee.

Bryan hyland - I'm afraid to go home

I corrected the spelling of his name since he did it wrong. I live this song. First heard it as a cliff Richard cover but I like both versions. This one is an it fuller and has some sweet harmonies but cliffs version is a bit more unsettled with the sparser instrumentation and lone voice which kinda suits the lyrics more. Funny I've seen that mountain goats album all over the other music board I read. Never got into them really. Enjoy the twilight sad though

Vektor - tetrastructural minds

It always a big fan of the drumming and I can't understand the words but I do have a soft spot this type of guitar. So precise and sharp and uptempo

Soley - I'll drown

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom