What song are you listening to right now?

I've just spent a nice hour with Viva Hate, you can forget how good older albums are if you don't revisit

So true!
And, hearing them in another timeframe and viewing them in a different light.
Even after so many years, it is timeless.
In that time I listened so much to it that at a certain point I thought enough is too much.
But it was possible for me, to hear it again after a very long time and without any nostalgic feelings it still sounds fresh, and relevant now!
Cheers :thumb:

Tell me about it. For last two days I've been listening remastered Unknown Pleasures.
How do you feel listening to Ian Curtis?

I adore what he did but have to admit it is not music you just turn on to enjoy cause that is some serious stuff and a bit larger than life itself and absolutely consumes you completely.

My old idol Patrick Fitzgerald from the band Kitchens of Distinction released a new album day before the american election with his new project "Oskar's Drum". I am now listening to the entire album online and the favourite so far is "Green-Veiled Mirror Ghost":

https://oskarsdrum.bandcamp.com/track/green-veiled-mirror-ghost#lyrics

All songs are here:

http://oskarsdrum.bandcamp.com/releases

Album cover:

a1565093537_10.jpg

How do you feel listening to Ian Curtis?

I adore what he did but have to admit it is not music you just turn on to enjoy cause that is some serious stuff and a bit larger than life itself and absolutely consumes you completely.

music that doesn't do this is not worth my time.

Yet.
You just might be suddenly hit by some music and in a creepy way it gets in your mind.
Like the expression, it grows on you.
Say it isn't true Ketamine, say it can only grow on you as you allowed it to grow on you.
But I haven't got other words for it.
For me, it is more easy, I allow it just as I allow it to grow some hair on me face.
And than I remove it. :cool:

I agree with that in a way but on the other hand not all music can mean that much and say so much. I think that he was in his own universe altogether emotionally. Compared to that most others are just posers.

The Oskar's Drum was a disappointment to me with just one good song and another ok one. I had to move on and listen to Kitchens of Distinction and remember the good old days when they whipped up songs that did stand out cause of the lyrics and music that seemed made for each other.

Kitchens of Distinction "On Tooting Broadway Station":

Yet.
You just might be suddenly hit by some music and in a creepy way it gets in your mind.
Like the expression, it grows on you.
Say it isn't true Ketamine, say it can only grow on you as you allowed it to grow on you.
But I haven't got other words for it.
For me, it is more easy, I allow it just as I allow it to grow some hair on me face.
And than I remove it. :cool:

the best songs are the ones that chew you up and spit you out, showing no mercy.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom