What song are you listening to right now?

Yeah try out the genres terrorcore speedcore or splittercore for fast songs. I think splitter ore to qualify for the genre has to be over a thousand Bpm. If you want songs on traditional instruments try some black metal grindcore fastcore or power violence bands

Yeah try out the genres terrorcore speedcore or splittercore for fast songs. I think splitter ore to qualify for the genre has to be over a thousand Bpm. If you want songs on traditional instruments try some black metal grindcore fastcore or power violence bands
Never heard of such genres, but will look into it just out of curiosity.

Can't say that you're likely to like them but interesting at least that they exist. Black metal is the most commonly known not to be confused with death metal which is more common but power violence and splittercore are out there in sonic terms

Can't say that you're likely to like them but interesting at least that they exist. Black metal is the most commonly known not to be confused with death metal which is more common but power violence and splittercore are out there in sonic terms
I will listen to anything except rap. Actually, my brother in law still plays in amateur death or trash metal band (don't know what the difference is) and over the years gave me his band's albums for free (lucky me). I like when heavy metal combines elements of electronica. Any suggestions?

I will listen to anything except rap. Actually, my brother in law still plays in amateur death or trash metal band (don't know what the difference is) and over the years gave me his band's albums for free (lucky me). I like when heavy metal combines elements of electronica. Any suggestions?

I'd have to think about it. Also depends on what heavy metal you mean as here in my experience that mostly equates to industrial like spine shank or fear factory. I think death metal is just a thematic take on thrash. I listen to a lot of hardcore punk stuff from many a decade and there some cross over. I also just like reading about musical scene evolution and took an interest in black metal and read a book about all the church burnings and murders etc. I was kinda poking fun of black metal kids as they take the definition of there music very seriously while death metal kids don't seem to care that much. I watched that mayhem, famous black metal band, doc not to long ago. They were a band where the singer, dead, committed suicide and was found by the guitarist who stole some of his body and then took a picture of his corpse and put it on the cover of there album. He later stabbed to death his guitarist in a later incarnation of the band. His parts in the doc are unnerving as he seem very sociopathic. Not really psychotic but he doesn't seem to regret any of it and continued to make music. Worth watching even if you don't have an interest in the music which you probably won't. Black metal is closer of noises hardcore with extremely bleak themes and is mostly not in English. Anyway I'll get back to you tonight or tommorrow if I can think of any recommendations. Mention what kinda metal you thinking of as a lot of nu metal, and no I don't mean rap metal has a bunch of electronic elements to it. I'm thinking like fear factory type stuff

I'd have to think about it. Also depends on what heavy metal you mean as here in my experience that mostly equates to industrial like spine shank or fear factory. I think death metal is just a thematic take on thrash. I listen to a lot of hardcore punk stuff from many a decade and there some cross over. I also just like reading about musical scene evolution and took an interest in black metal and read a book about all the church burnings and murders etc. I was kinda poking fun of black metal kids as they take the definition of there music very seriously while death metal kids don't seem to care that much. I watched that mayhem, famous black metal band, doc not to long ago. They were a band where the singer, dead, committed suicide and was found by the guitarist who stole some of his body and then took a picture of his corpse and put it on the cover of there album. He later stabbed to death his guitarist in a later incarnation of the band. His parts in the doc are unnerving as he seem very sociopathic. Not really psychotic but he doesn't seem to regret any of it and continued to make music. Worth watching even if you don't have an interest in the music which you probably won't. Black metal is closer of noises hardcore with extremely bleak themes and is mostly not in English. Anyway I'll get back to you tonight or tommorrow if I can think of any recommendations. Mention what kinda metal you thinking of as a lot of nu metal, and no I don't mean rap metal has a bunch of electronic elements to it. I'm thinking like fear factory type stuff
You kidding? I am intrigued. What' the documentary called?

It's just so difficult as there's so many different sub genres of metal. I can't think of any that combine the 80 s speed metal of early Metallica with that intricate guitar and electronic music but a lot of industrial draws on thrash and the heavy riffs gloom of stuff like sabbath. Manson is one that obviously comes to mind ( try holywood ) as well as stuff like rob zombie fear factory deadsey spine shank pitchshifter slipknot before Corey made that band suck (debut is pretty kick ass) cell dweller who mixes more edm with metal riffs and psychottica mixes goth industrial with heavy glam rock and of course ramstein. Dream theatre are considered light metal by some and they use keyboards but that doesn't really count to me. More like prob rock music. Stuff like ministry and kmfdm/mdfmk are considered in the industrial metal genre. I imagine that other non English bands do it a lot better namely the Japanese but I'm honestly not a fan of metal and the closest I come are more like hardcore bands that incorporate some things considered to be metal elements like heaviness. I'm not really into traditional metal vocalists or traditional metal guitar that much. There are also some heavy prog metal bands that use keyboards kinda like iced earth which is very traditional 80s priest metal but uses keyboards but more in a prog way that what I would consider electronic music. It really comes down to what kinda metal or what piece of the metal sounds you're looking for. The intricate speed metal guitar bit might be hard to find with electronic music mixed in

You kidding? I am intrigued. What' the documentary called?

Until the light takes us is the name of the doc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/

Mostly focuses, interview wise, on the drummer who seems like a super depressed person ( in my head I refer to him as sad ) and interviews from Varg ( who I call crazy ) from prison I think. I was wrong in my recollection though as euronymous was the person who found deads body and then went out to buy a camera and then came back and took pics and bits of his corpse and varg who stabbed euronymous to death a bit later. It shows how they raised from of all places Oslo and gives some insight as to why they hated it so much. Really well made with lot of old clips. Dead was the really interesting one it seems as he and some others claim him to be the first one to use corpse paint onstage and he would bury his clothes and later dig them up to wear onstage. He said he felt like he was some other creature and like a corpse, the shows back then were a lot more diy and low tech with less coustumes or at least more low tech costumes and they're stage set mostly consisted on pig heads on stakes etc. a lot of black metal songs have themes about cold and moons as well as evil in general. It has themes of not embracing feelings. It's also of course in another language, read as not English, so there's a lot I'm probably missing in it. I'm not really a fan or anything but its an interesting story. Like a musical true crime story. Also briefly talks about all the church burnings as these would be some of the people who participated. I will also say it's interesting in the sense that varg doesn't seem psychotic like I mentioned or manically angry or violent. He seems sociopathic mostly and a bit deluded but he's not unintelligent and at times does display some emotion for the drummer guy (can't remember his name). He also doesn't seem overly self centered. I believe he thinks of himself as some sort of social warrior

A live video recording is hard to find on quick glance but here's a rehearsal video featuring euronymous and dead

And one song where you can see the infamous photo they used as a cover for some album

i'm not an expert on these matters, but there is a genre called "neue deutsche härte" (new german hardness), which is of course not so nu after all. began in the mid90s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neue_Deutsche_H%C3%A4rte
most lyrics are in german but as they are very basic and repetitive, they offer a good possibility to learn the language from scratch.
it seems that after reunification in 89 world powers became afraid again of a stronger germany, and these bands kind of "staged" the cliches of what it means to be german in an exaggerated way namely being masculine, without pity, efficient in killing and destroying, brought into line, etc. the americans loved that. most of them cannot sing, and that's sth i really dislike after listening for a while, besides the monotony of the rhythm, no development or playful variations, etc. but of course that's also german in a way, very nazi

Love, love, love that. Thanks hun.

Until the light takes us is the name of the doc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014809/

Mostly focuses, interview wise, on the drummer who seems like a super depressed person ( in my head I refer to him as sad ) and interviews from Varg ( who I call crazy ) from prison I think. I was wrong in my recollection though as euronymous was the person who found deads body and then went out to buy a camera and then came back and took pics and bits of his corpse and varg who stabbed euronymous to death a bit later. It shows how they raised from of all places Oslo and gives some insight as to why they hated it so much. Really well made with lot of old clips. Dead was the really interesting one it seems as he and some others claim him to be the first one to use corpse paint onstage and he would bury his clothes and later dig them up to wear onstage. He said he felt like he was some other creature and like a corpse, the shows back then were a lot more diy and low tech with less coustumes or at least more low tech costumes and they're stage set mostly consisted on pig heads on stakes etc. a lot of black metal songs have themes about cold and moons as well as evil in general. It has themes of not embracing feelings. It's also of course in another language, read as not English, so there's a lot I'm probably missing in it. I'm not really a fan or anything but its an interesting story. Like a musical true crime story. Also briefly talks about all the church burnings as these would be some of the people who participated. I will also say it's interesting in the sense that varg doesn't seem psychotic like I mentioned or manically angry or violent. He seems sociopathic mostly and a bit deluded but he's not unintelligent and at times does display some emotion for the drummer guy (can't remember his name). He also doesn't seem overly self centered. I believe he thinks of himself as some sort of social warrior

I watched the doc last night on (where else) Youtube. It was quite interesting and informative in terms of the level of fascination in Norway for these subcategories of heavy metal music. Lantern posted an interesting clip of the German band above. I knew about Germans being into this kind of heavy music laced with electronica sounds. For me, music is about the sound, not that much about the lyrics. A good song needs to have good beats and a catchy melody.
Funny, how we are discussing this on Morrissey's unofficial fan-site.

Is the drummer at least in the band or is there no original members left . I always liked death crush. Here's the story which is interesting in a scandalous more accurate kind of way. Forgot dreads suicide note apologized for firing a gun in the house and said sorry for all the blood, cheers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)
Is the drummer at least in the band or is there no original members left . I always liked death crush. Here's the story which is interesting in a scandalous more accurate kind of way. Forgot dreads suicide note apologized for firing a gun in the house and said sorry for all the blood, cheers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)
Drummer and Necrobutcher the bassist are from original band and Attila sang on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas \m/

Drummer and Necrobutcher the bassist are from original band and Attila sang on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas \m/

Gotcha. I saw your post said Attila but it didn't register. I remember reading about him singing on that album but I didn't know necrobutcher was back. Thought it was just the drummer with with different singers for different occasions. Maniac maybe. Did some googling just to catch up on the story a bit and it seems varg got out of jail in 2009 and then got rear rested for a supposedly planning terrorist attack and is out again when they couldn't prove it. He's made a lot of burzum albums though. Looked them up on all music and was surprised at how high they were rated. Mentioned he was sorta the Charles Manson of this scene and I could see that

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom