What song are you listening to right now?

Haha... yep.

IDK. They have a very "90's" sound in some respects... Some people think that's lame, apparently.

raytown, do you like the films of Gregg Araki?

he's a gay film director who uses showgaze and dream pop bands - primarily Slowdive and a slew of 4AD bands - in his movies. He made the Doom Generation (1995), Totally f***ed Up (1993) and Mysterious Skin (2004)

I've discovered a lot of great music you seem to be into from watching his stuff

I dug out my Cocteau Twins vinyl after not listening to them for about 5 years :eek: It reminded me how much I love them and how unique they are.

In the car I've been listening to 'Years of Refusal' and not much in the house as the family is home on holidays and they don't like my taste in music.

Morrissey - Kit :)

raytown, do you like the films of Gregg Araki?

he's a gay film director who uses showgaze and dream pop bands - primarily Slowdive and a slew of 4AD bands - in his movies. He made the Doom Generation (1995), Totally f***ed Up (1993) and Mysterious Skin (2004)

I've discovered a lot of great music you seem to be into from watching his stuff

Yep, Gregg Araki was indeed how I found a lot of my favorite music (namely Slowdive and The Smiths, haha). I still like the movies, even.... As bad/cheesy as they absolutely are (almost certainly on purpose), I still have a soft spot for them. They are too ridiculous not to love, and definitely a big part of my youth.

This, over and over:

And a re-post of a last.fm shout to sum up my feelings on the matter, because I really am that self-indulgent:

The drums at the beginning always make me think of The Monks... I'm slightly bummed when my mind reminds me that, no, "This is not 'Shut Up'. You're listening to Herman's Hermits, genius", But then I remember that this song is gorgeous, and that people who trash HH are f***ing deaf morons. Easily one of my all-time favorite songs from this band. Pop perfection!

I like The Monkees too, ASSHOLES!

EDIT: That said, even I tend to skip over I'm Henry VIII, I Am...

Last edited by a moderator:
Video Games by Lana Del Rey. I'm stunned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom