What song are you listening to right now?

Listening to and discovering Dylan's music is a mystical journey. I'm starting to feel guilty for cheating on Morrissey in a way

THE SMALL FACES
4c.jpg

I can see why young people in the 60s liked this kind of music. It was so very different than the unvoiced post-war depression prevalent among the adults in most families. Sorrowful parents who didnt want to burden their children with it, and their kids trying to get away from it all, naively believing it would be possible to escape the deads' siren calls.

THE WALL and FAITHFULLS' MARIANNE haven't been washed yet and so they will have to wait for the next batch of records coming in.

Ranking list:

1. Albert Hammond. ---> I am surprised how fresh the songs still sound.
2./3. Emerson, Lake and Palmer / Patti Smith
4. Yes
5. The Small Faces
6./7. The Bee Gees / The Beach Boys
7. Frank Barber Percussion

The first 3 were digitized. I will probably trade the Frank Barber album for something else in the second hand vinyl shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
BOB DYLAN - SLOW TRAIN COMING

This was an angry protest purchase after just another damaged record had arrived by mail and that had been graded by its seller as "near mint" and "new".
This is what you get when you order a "new" album at Amazon:
3c.jpg

6v.jpg

Now, this well-known album was sold by Amazon itself, not an affiliated vendor. It came without a shrink wrap and was lying in an oversized carton box for turntables, 2 meters of very coarse and crumpled-up packing paper lying on top of it. It took me almost an hour to remove the strange oily fingerprints on the front cover, looking as if the person who had pulled the album out of its shelf, had just eaten a tuna sandwich with an extra pat of mayonnaise on top of it. At least I got a 50% refund by Amazon immediately, but such things will never be forgotten. They should know that.

Anyways, the drug store around the corner has been selling vinyl records for a month now. They offer about 80-100 albums, all clean and unharmed, fresh from the pressing plant. So, after having picked up some toothpaste, a new bottle of desinfectant and a pair of socks, I went to the album department and flipped through the shelves. Among the three interesting albums, that I could find, there was a "Low in High School" to my surprise. The other two were Lou Reed's Transformer and the above-mentioned Bob Dylan. So, I took Bob Dylan home, and the pressing quality was fine.

I remembered that I listened to this album during my teens because it was available at the public library. The animal song had always stuck out.
Mainly it is about the fact that the English language doesn't offer any appropriate rhyme for the word "pussy". For good reason. On the other hand it shows that man isn't worth the trust put in him, and even develops a sense of entitlement leading to exploitation and abuse of those that had been entrusted to his care. Men didnt grow with the challenge. They remained stupid children. That's what Bob wanted to say.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom