What song are you listening to right now?

boom boom boom morning starshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip....
par7.gif
par16.gif
par8.gif

KENT from Eskilstuna live in Copenhagen playing what has become my latest fave song from this band. Started thinking of them again in Helsinki as a few band members of course have finnish parents that moved to the Eskilstuna area.

Inspired by someone related to the singer who lost his wife after a long marriage and the title is "the other side".

I live small and austerely
I sold everything of value
burnt what no one wanted
Even love has a price
If you've ever been close you'll never be free

I take the last step alone,
I erase my pictures,
erase our emails
And when I close my eyes I hear your voice
I can't see your face,
it was that which I forgot first

I know what the time is worth
And time slips away
I was once a millionaire
when we had all the time in the world

I recall exactly when the answers came
You and I were halfway there
but to nowhere it's far
We invested our lives
We thought we were insured for all eternity

But time is money, I swear
Where did all the time go
Once we were millionaires

There was a world of ice in the heart of mine
You triggered an avalanche when you gave me yours
It feels like we met in a completely different life
And I know that we'll meet on the other side

But time is money, I swear
Where did all the time go
Once we were millionaires

There was a world of ice in the heart of mine
You triggered an avalanche when you gave me yours
It feels like we met in a completely different life
And I know that we'll meet on the other side

He even performed at dads fave jazz place and my dad met so many of the swedish legends there and once in a while I did too in his company. It was weird to be with dad at times and realise these people actually knew him and him introducing them to me.

I think that jazz museum and the outdoors stage though under a tent ceiling and the relaxed atmosphere made everyone forget their legendary status and they were all so relaxed there performing in front of an audience of hardcore fans and friends.

The above clip is from the summer sing along show on tv. We did not watch any of it this summer. Jerry probably died on his motorbike and was actually a hardcore communist all his life which is hard to believe with his american inspired music and his love for the culture.

If Elvis and Moz had a baby his name would have been Jerry Williams. I think his auto is somewhere around here.
Elvis and Morrissey...you get Jerry Williams, hmm...how about...

-- Eric

You can throw in some others too when it comes to Jerry like Johnny Cash.
Yes, you can't leave out 'The Man in Black.' Johnny Cash was also instrumental and a great influence on a whole number of artists as well, without question. So many great artists emerged during this time. Far too many to mention.

-- Eric

Probably inspired by him and a host of others. Jerry is riding his motorbike on the other side now.
A sad note...but you are right, there are a host of others. There are far too many to mention. In fact, this was a time (even going back earlier) when there was an abundance and emergence of many great artists. So much talent. So many had an influence on the other in one form or another. Dean Martin, for example, was a big influence on Elvis and you hear that influence in his singing. Far too many singers to count. It, just as well, includes all the great crooners: Al Martino, Jerry Vale, Mel Torme, Eddie Fisher, Bing Crosby -- as the list is endless.

-- Eric

Yes, you can't leave out 'The Man in Black.' Johnny Cash was also instrumental and a great influence on a whole number of artists as well, without question. So many great artists emerged during this time. Far too many to mention.

-- Eric
He was as cool as a bar stool both when it came to the music and his looks.

A sad note...but you are right, there are a host of others. There are far too many to mention. In fact, this was a time (even going back earlier) when there was an abundance and emergence of many great artists. So much talent. So many had an influence on the other in one form or another. Dean Martin, for example, was a big influence on Elvis and you hear that influence in his singing. Far too many singers to count. It, just as well, includes all the great crooners: Al Martino, Jerry Vale, Mel Torme, Eddie Fisher, Bing Crosby -- as the list is endless.

-- Eric
Yeah the golden age for crooners. A whole lot to still discover even today.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom