What song are you listening to right now?

From the Loveless album I bought same day as Nirvana's "Nevermind" and I still remember like it was yesterday how both albums blew me away so that it was hard just to listen to one cause both were so good.

When I was very young I had a gym class project to develop a jump rope routine. I was a kid so I didn't ask questions, and so this song came to mind because at the time jump ropes had wooden handles and I thought it would be fun to act out the drumstick parts on the handles. Well, I was looked at as if I were a Martian and to be honest pretty much still am to this day:

Last edited:

Dancing in bathtubs? I love it!!! Maybe you can explain this to me, but somehow non-medical marijuana comes to mind...literally. Still the songs of that time were some of my favorites.

All the leaves are brown
and the sky is gray
I went for walk
on a winter's day

What a picture painted with just four lines. Similar as to how I feel about my favorite Morrissey song:

“Tell her I'll be waiting
In the usual place
With the tired and weary
There's no escape
To need a woman
You've got to know
How the strong get weak
And the rich get poor.”

Sexist pig!

This little sexist piggy went to market and this little sexist piggy stayed home... :) Oh Johnny, Bete Noire is in my top twenty albums of all time! The Right Stuff collaboration with the other Johnny is wonderful, not to mention Kiss and Tell. Blooming from my love of Roxy Music this album was a regular play for me. You do after all have the right stuff? Don't you? ;)

Last edited:
First tv appearances

Rem

U2

The cure

Soft cell

Depeche mode

Not sure about the Depeche Mode one

What a great post! More of this please. Interesting how U2 had a Cure feel in their early material. In addition, I would add this although not their first appearance as it was not a good video this is close to the beginning of a band that I feel matches up to those of your post:

This little sexist piggy went to market and this little sexist piggy stayed home... :) Oh Johnny, Bete Noire is in my top twenty albums of all time! The Right Stuff collaboration with the other Johnny is wonderful, not to mention Kiss and Tell. Blooming from my love of Roxy Music this album was a regular play for me. You do after all have the right stuff? Don't you? ;)

I’ll have to give the album a listen. Slave To Love though is a cast iron classic. It’s packed to rafters with lovely lines...

“You're running with me /
Don't touch the ground /
We're the restless hearted /
Not the chained and bound.”

“The storm is breaking /
Or so it seems /
We're too young to reason /
Too grown up to dream.”

35 years ago today an unknown very christian girl named Carola won the swedish melody festival which meant she got to represent Sweden in the Eurovision. Me and dad returned from Manchester seeing the headlines about a certain Carola on everyones lips.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom