What song are you listening to right now?

This contains a very brief excerpt of the moment JFK was hit from the famous Zapruder film. Be aware if you are not comfortable with that sort of thing.

83923AA9-9C4A-464E-818F-E5C6B008B532.jpeg

Extraordinary self-control by Walter Cronkite and a truly iconic piece of television.

Last edited:
If I had to choose this would be my favourite Morrissey video and I remember when it was released and how many times I watched it over and over late at night.

Absolutely brilliant in so many ways, both song and video. It signalled the start of something new in me and opened a new world.

For me it was the realisation that things might be fine after the Smiths, who had officially split up on my birthday, no less. Just to rub salt in the wound.

Wondering what Morrissey would come up with next filled my days back then in a way that seems faintly ridiculous now, but the delight and relief of Suedehead and Everyday Is Like Sunday and their brilliant b-sides, Playboys and Interesting Drug, and their slightly less than brilliant b-sides, made me think he had enough to get by as a solo artist. Viva Hate only served to underline it.

When people were talking about Kill Uncle on the main thread the other day it got me thinking that with that exception of KU Morrissey in that era released TQID, Strangeways, Viva Hate, Your Arsenal and Vauxhall & I, plus Bona Drag. That’s an astounding accomplishment, and perhaps only second to Bowie’s run of albums in the 70s.

I was listening to the excellent Johnny Marr interview with Adam Buxton recently and Marr made the very simple point that he and Morrissey were always likely to go their own ways and pursue solo careers. He’s quite right, of course. It could never have lasted, and nor should it have.

This, and the rest of the new Fever Ray album. Karin has one of my absolute favorite voices in modern music.
If she goes on tour with this, I'm more than there.

Thanks for sharing Johnny! :thumb:
I like it a lot.
Remember now Moz praising them on tty but many reacted quite critical.
Maybe just because Moz liked it.
Good song, good video and for some reason it displays for me there is good pop/rock music still to be found.
Just under the radar. Let's give the young ones a chance!
Going to listen to more of them.

Am I alone in loving Alex's voice?

This, and the rest of the new Fever Ray album. Karin has one of my absolute favorite voices in modern music.
If she goes on tour with this, I'm more than there.

if you like this you may also like some Peter Gabriel.

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom