What song are you listening to right now?

The descendents - thank you

A perfect song for how I fell about this album which is being reissued for its twenty year anniversary. My first descendents album

Do you like her Illuminations album Ketamine? When Buffy breaks everything down on Suffer The Little Children and then builds it back up on The Angel, it made me cry. Healing tears in The Wild Turkeys eye.

Wipe away the tears from those turkey eyes ... 'give up your treasured wounds let go the tempting memory of the pain'. Yes an inspiring song. And 'Suffer The Little Children' should be enough to give any first time parent second thoughts about sending their dear children into the meat grinder of the so called educational system. Sad true... and Buffy said it first ... brave on stage with just a guitar and a voice with a quiver born from some mysterious nether world.

Illuminations is one of my favorites, love the arrangements and all the electronic treatments and the way the songs flow together.. and such strange songs.... from 'Adam' with mans regret in the eating of the fruit of knowledge/mortality.. to 'Mary' with a visit from an incubus/angel to impregnate her with the son of god... to Vampires and ending with the hallucinogenic and eerie 'Poppies' . If you're not right in the head... then you can't go wrong in finding much pleasure in this record...it rocks too and could be considered one of the first 'goth' records, up there with Nico's 'The Marble Index' another dark beauty.

I've seen her twice and met her once after a show, she signed two records for me 'Illuminations' and 'Little Wheel Spin and Spin' the latter I gave to M and he was delighted :), this was before he met her.

receive illumination here ...

come now, and now my love
and leave your dying desert to the rains
give up your treasured wounds
let go the tempting memory of the pain.
give up the vows you've taken
and you will live, and you will learn to fly away,
and you will fly.

and you will live my love
and see the stars regain your starless night
and you will find your sun
and learn the magic meaning of it's light
all souls will be yours to cherish
rising, falling, in their earthly flight
and you will fly

Last edited:
i had completely forgotten this song for several decades until i caught a tune or two on tv today, and suddenly remembered how important it had been to me once as a teenager when i used to listen to it for hours in a row on my first walkman, probably the first song that ever appealed to me personally, i was addicted to it

i also had included it into a play we had to write as a homework assignment at school, based on a biographical sketch of eugene o'neill whose boring drama mourning becomes electra we had just read in our english class. can't remember a single scene, but in my play o'neill, pretending walking disabilities and alzheimer's for whatever reason, throws away his walking cane in the final act, after his wife's and the handsome butler's exit, listens to this song and dances through the living room... i was later told that i had completely misunderstood the assignment

Hi lanterns, you know this is Moz favourite Sinatra song?
Well, he said so at a certain moment in time during Quarry years.
Maybe it changed.

i had completely forgotten this song for several decades until i caught a tune or two on tv today, and suddenly remembered how important it had been to me once as a teenager when i used to listen to it for hours in a row on my first walkman, probably the first song that ever appealed to me personally, i was addicted to it

i also had included it into a play we had to write as a homework assignment at school, based on a biographical sketch of eugene o'neill whose boring drama mourning becomes electra we had just read in our english class. can't remember a single scene, but in my play o'neill, pretending walking disabilities and alzheimer's for whatever reason, throws away his walking cane in the final act, after his wife's and the handsome butler's exit, listens to this song and dances through the living room... i was later told that i had completely misunderstood the assignment

'i was later told that i had completely misunderstood the assignment' :lbf: that's life !

and M also used this as an outro song to his shows. But I'm sure you 'nose' that.

Wipe away the tears from those turkey eyes ... 'give up your treasured wounds let go the tempting memory of the pain'. Yes an inspiring song. And 'Suffer The Little Children' should be enough to give any first time parent second thoughts about sending their dear children into the meat grinder of the so called educational system. Sad true... and Buffy said it first ... brave on stage with just a guitar and a voice with a quiver born from some mysterious nether world.

Illuminations is one of my favorites, love the arrangements and all the electronic treatments and the way the songs flow together.. and such strange songs.... from 'Adam' with mans regret in the eating of the fruit of knowledge/mortality.. to 'Mary' with a visit from an incubus/angel to impregnate her with the son of god... to Vampires and ending with the hallucinogenic and eerie 'Poppies' . If you're not right in the head... then you can't go wrong in finding much pleasure in this record...it rocks too and could be considered one of the first 'goth' records, up there with Nico's 'The Marble Index' another dark beauty.

I've seen her twice and met her once after a show, she signed two records for me 'Illuminations' and 'Little Wheel Spin and Spin' the latter I gave to M and he was delighted :), this was before he met her.

and you will fly.

and you will fly

Yeah, you like it. The eyes are smiling, cause you got some good stories to tell. Yeah, The Wild Turkey likes it too. Not much better then a good album you can play all the way through. Next time tell Buffy she has the honor of being called Turkey Sainte-Marie. A thank you for the healing music she makes.

Last edited:

My man O.C. Smith did a great version of it also.

and you will fly.

and you will fly

Love it KS!
You must have feeling delighted too when you saw Moz really appreciated it that much!
Good for you!
Cheers :thumb:

Chuck berry - big boys

New chuck berry single for his album chuck. Surprised he can still sing so well. It's a fun song and he puts the Johnny he good riff at the start before it gets going in it own groove

i dindt nose that, no, though of course i noticed often enough that the sinatras were mentioned here as a source of inspiration to morrissey. it is a good song for an outro, as there is something addictive to it which i cannot put my finger on

nose more. More obscure, he also mentioned this one in an interview as one of his favorites.
Written by Alec Wilder/Arnold Sundgaard

' Where Do You Go? '

Short and sweet ...

'These are the things
That I want to know
Where will you hide
When the lights are low'

Last edited:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom