What song are you listening to right now?

boomerang_xlg.jpg

This french drama really grew on me after a not so promising start to it. This is about a man starting to uncover a family secret 30 years later just before and after the death of his mother Clarisse. I guess the director likes Radiohead cause I felt the song by that band felt misplaced in that particular scene.

Cafe-Society-International-Movie-Poster.jpg

So when Woody Allen leaves the acting to others he hires a guy that is programmed to act just like he did. Same bad posture and nervous monologue and when someone orders steak off a menu he talks about flowers on the moon, that sort of badly timed conversation that gets on your nerves a bit.

Kristen Stewart just felt out of place in this one being far too modern in every way but the film is great and is about finding love but living with a feeling of what could have been. Other than that the film is a very nostalgic look back at a time that seems to fascinate Allen a lot.

detour.jpg

What a nice surprise this was one was. Nothing is what you think it is in this one where a boy has his mother in a coma and does not trust her new man at all and wants to do something about it but the way he does it involves a local criminal and a stripper as they head to Vegas.

Won't say more but this one had some brains behind it and the acting is great and the way it is filmed makes it very easy viewing. A road movie of sorts asking the question what would happen if you chose the other alternative.

boomerang_xlg.jpg

This french drama really grew on me after a not so promising start to it. This is about a man starting to uncover a family secret 30 years later just before and after the death of his mother Clarisse. I guess the director likes Radiohead cause I felt the song by that band felt misplaced in that particular scene.

Cafe-Society-International-Movie-Poster.jpg

So when Woody Allen leaves the acting to others he hires a guy that is programmed to act just like he did. Same bad posture and nervous monologue and when someone orders steak off a menu he talks about flowers on the moon, that sort of badly timed conversation that gets on your nerves a bit.

Kristen Stewart just felt out of place in this one being far too modern in every way but the film is great and is about finding love but living with a feeling of what could have been. Other than that the film is a very nostalgic look back at a time that seems to fascinate Allen a lot.

detour.jpg

What a nice surprise this was one was. Nothing is what you think it is in this one where a boy has his mother in a coma and does not trust her new man at all and wants to do something about it but the way he does it involves a local criminal and a stripper as they head to Vegas.

Won't say more but this one had some brains behind it and the acting is great and the way it is filmed makes it very easy viewing. A road movie of sorts asking the question what would happen if you chose the other alternative.

Sorry about placing this in the wrong thread. If a moderator can move it to the film thread I'd appreciate it.

Ace Wilder, the Florida born swedish artist made it straight to the final at the first attempt tonight as the first Eurovision qualifier kicked off in Gothenburg tonight. She and the ex-criminal Nano who made a rip off of Hozier's song "Take me to church" will be in the March final in Stockholm.

Ace Wilders entry this year is her weakest I feel as I prefer her debut one from 2014 where she sings about me:

I am in Mello mode so had to listen to and watch some entries from previous years like this one:

Yohio fact:

He needs to be told to eat as he has this very rare condition that means he doesn't feel hunger at all. I just know he is not human at all and might be a one of many to come doll robots out there.

Sweden delivers young boys looking like girl dolls singing in japanese to the japanese music scene on a regular basis and years ago I even chatted with one of them online whose band was planning their japanese market launch. I have no idea how it went but Yohio sure made it big time.

Watching this, reminiscing about the Boxers tour.
I went to Hull and Bradford on consecutive nights, what great gigs they were.
I remember feeling on top of the world.
I was 25, and at that age one still believes things will remain as they are forever, how wrong can we be.

And will time never pass?
Will time never pass for us?

Plans, all those intricate plans
Left like gloves on the railings
Slipping through your hands ...

Johnny thunders - London boys

Song really reminds me of the pistols no feelings which is weird as not many bands musically make think of the pistols though I know thunders was a big influence on Steve jones. Had it on in the background and I kept slipping into no feelings while singing it in my head

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom