What song are you listening to right now?

Sorry, I don't see the reason to scream like that. Also, hate Henry Rollins.

That's cool, I myself just think it sounds really neat. I like the high pitched sassy quality of the one vocalist countered by the low key vocals of the other. I like uptempo loud music and this puts a unique warped vibe on it. They use a lot of offbeat time sigs at times to add to that warped quality but still manage to be very catchy. A lot of bands scream all the time and can not do it very well or with any character. It's not just random noise at all. When you see how abstract the lyrics are its even more interesting to me. They remind me of brainiac whom I've posted about as well as a band called orchid. Extremely abstract and arty and kinda no wave hardcore. There was a wave of this kinda of music going back from bands like drive like Jehu to the locust whom I posted not to long ago here. Crimes is my fav album of there's and I think might have been put out by a major but burn piano island burn is pretty sweet as well. When they broke up one singer went on to do a band called neon blonde who I saw support Patrick wolf on the nylon tour and one went on to do head wound city. I just enjoy a lot of loud extreme abstract music and they did it better than most. Intelligent political and like I said they made this music very catchy. It's also just a testament to how tight they are as a band. As for Rollins I'm split myself. I liked him in black flag but of course he didn't write any lyrics and the Rollins bands first album was fine. I don't own it or anything. I've heard him do spoken word and he was funny in Johnny nemonic but agree he doesn't make a good host and can put his foot in his mouth at times. He was still the best black flag vocalist though

That's cool, I myself just think it sounds really neat. I like the high pitched sassy quality of the one vocalist countered by the low key vocals of the other. I like uptempo loud music and this puts a unique warped vibe on it. They use a lot of offbeat time sigs at times to add to that warped quality but still manage to be very catchy. A lot of bands scream all the time and can not do it very well or with any character. It's not just random noise at all. When you see how abstract the lyrics are its even more interesting to me. They remind me of brainiac whom I've posted about as well as a band called orchid. Extremely abstract and arty and kinda no wave hardcore. There was a wave of this kinda of music going back from bands like drive like Jehu to the locust whom I posted not to long ago here. Crimes is my fav album of there's and I think might have been put out by a major but burn piano island burn is pretty sweet as well. When they broke up one singer went on to do a band called neon blonde who I saw support Patrick wolf on the nylon tour and one went on to do head wound city. I just enjoy a lot of loud extreme abstract music and they did it better than most. Intelligent political and like I said they made this music very catchy. It's also just a testament to how tight they are as a band. As for Rollins I'm split myself. I liked him in black flag but of course he didn't write any lyrics and the Rollins bands first album was fine. I don't own it or anything. I've heard him do spoken word and he was funny in Johnny nemonic but agree he doesn't make a good host and can put his foot in his mouth at times. He was still the best black flag vocalist though

I am not naturally mean person, but I could see myself torturing him. He also said some stinky shit about Morrissey.
He is such a cretin.:angry:

I am not naturally mean person, but I could see myself torturing him. He also said some stinky shit about Morrissey.
He is such a cretin.:angry:

Yeah like I've said he can really put his foot in his mouth at times but in his older age he's seemed to be more reasonable and more at ease with himself. I'm a big black flag and Greg gin fan and you inevitably read about Rollins at the same time when you read about them. I've always felt he's struggled with being an insecure guy a lot of the time and has honestly done much worse to people but like I said he's seemed to have a change of heart over the years. I think he hid somewhat in his tough guy persona. It's kinda what I like about the blood brother s though. Super loud aggressive arty music without any metal or tough guy bull which can be tough to find at times. They also have moments where they slow down and sing though overall they're pretty screams. If you try and google bands similar to the blood brothers there are many lists of people going try this band but not really. Also it might have been jaguar love, Johnny from the blood brothers, and not neon blonde which is his other band. Try out brainiac. They put a more electronic vibe on the sound and amusingly once opened for beck. Also orchid just for fun if you wanna here something super fast and loud. Orchid draws from the early nineties streamline bands that no ones really heard of but are extreme and super kickass live. They kinda scene legends at this point. Death to false area of and false gay core etc

Orchid - I am Nietzsche

Brainiac

They are one of my favs

Sea sick yet docked ...
Yes they almost destroyed me, but they failed !
I had morrissey on my side, and listened 2 morrissey and only morrissey cud take away the tears !
It was then that I went on 2 become .... well it doesn't matter !!!

Last edited:
" There is a thin line between love and hate "
Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders.
Or was it still The Pretenders? (with Chrissie Hynde, though)
Now it is again, as noticed on Jools Holland.
Bit disappointed by those two songs but still like them.

pleased to meet you we came to drop bombs on you

i like how they engage the different gears, at 3' it picks up pace, it's not automatic
and it has got a pessimistic ending, hasn't it, quando?

Yeah, the to be continued bit.
Great song and great story.
You could say 1984 was nothing in hindsight compared to 2016.
And don't want to make you feel miserable but I do think pessimistic about every ending.
Not all day, but sometimes.
Like Goethe said, Der Mensch ist die (oder der?) ewig betrogene des Universums.
Not in his nabourhood, not in his city, not in his country, not on one side of earth, not on earth itself, not in the Milkyway but in the whole bloody f***ing universe.
I tell you we will never find any lifeforms to communicate with either.
Now I need a glass of red wine. :D

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom