What song are you listening to right now?

A

Anonymous

neat. so ive been playing music in the background and muted it but left it playing and just ignored the page to see where youtubes automatic next play would take me. i started with gerard ways the bureau and ended up with toot blues. no idea how or why but its neat to see where itll take you and its also neat to see and hear something that might catch your eye that you wouldnt normally click on. so gerard way and youtube lead me to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBILt-LEnp0

"In the late 1980s, Timothy Duffy, a penniless North Carolina musicology student, set out to document and preserve traditional southern roots and blues music. On his travels from Winston-Salem's drinkhouse music scene, an off-the-grid hotbed of gritty traditional blues, to deep-south family run churches, he found purpose and inspiration from a cast of amazingly talented, pure and unique set of characters (the artists!!).
Toot Blues remarkably captures the true essence and talent of the artists from Guitar Gabriel, a 'homeless magic potion selling' blues genius; to Willa Mae Buckner, a snake charming elderly woman taunting delightfully raunchy blues; to Beverly 'Guitar' Watkins, a grandmother who continues to tear up the stage and play a killer electric guitar behind her head; to Bishop Dready Manning and family churning out homebrewed rockabilly-gospel; to Boo Hanks, an 80 year-old bluesman recording an album for the very first time; to blind guitarist, Cootie Stark, mesmerizing crowds world-wide while never failing to find his way home by himself.
Shortly after befriending and championing for these artists Tim quickly realized the limitations set upon them by living in poverty, not only in their struggles to survive and support their families but also their ability to afford time and outlets to continue with their deepest passions-music, by a simple twist of fate, Tim along with his wife Denise, began the Music Maker Relief Foundation.
With rare footage, interviews, and numerous live performances, the film documents these unique musicians, brought together through the Music Maker community and their shared and vital musical heritage."

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
Did you go to that gig?
Yes, I did, these are some of the few photos I took.
Amazing to see Lydon in such a small intimate venue, surreal in some ways.
Played a great set, his more recent material is pretty decent, but his old classics are as good as ever.
Highlights: Public Image, Rise, This Is Not A Love Song, Disappointed, Religion, Warrior, The Body

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
This is what I will be listening to on my drive to Flagstaff this morning. It will be my first listen.

New Order ~ Complete Music

The first 3 songs are excellent, Restless/Singularity/Plastic, great start to the album.

Some other good ones here and there, but the opening 3 are the standout ones for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

realitybites

making lemonade
Subscriber
The first 3 songs are excellent, Restless/Singularity/Plastic, great start to the album.

Some other good ones here and there, but the opening 3 are the standout ones for me.
Agree. I also like track 7 a lot. I think the whole album is a success. Great dance music. A few tracks even have a disco vibe. I'm hoping they tour the Southwest US in 2016. Are you going to see them in the UK?

A

Anonymous

New Order, ever listening, ever concerned, ever supportive...till the very very end? ;) (Oy. It's comin', it's comin'...)

Tutti Frutti feels like an Italian disco in the 80's, and Stray doesn't, although Iggy would probably have a good time, at an Italian disco in the 80's. Or now.

Noice one, N.O.

Shame they won't tour around here. Mind you, nobody does, can't blame them, I wouldn't either.

S

Skylarker

I just found this chick last night.

It's like Red House Painters if Mark Kozelek was a chick!

you hide behind glasses
and music
and wit

you laugh at yourself
and hand-roll cigarettes

there's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do
to show you that I've got the sadness, too

Poet

Banned
I just found this chick last night.

It's like Red House Painters if Mark Kozelek was a chick!

you hide behind glasses
and music
and wit

you laugh at yourself
and hand-roll cigarettes

there's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do
to show you that I've got the sadness, too
she ah'yight

not as good as london grammar

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod you listen to crap
Top Bottom