What song are you listening to right now?

I’m on a Billy Bragg rediscovery path. I was a big fan around 2010-2011, during a particularly big anglophiliac period in my life, but then I lost interest. But goodness me, he has written som fantastic songs. The Milkman of Human Kindness, Levi Stubb’s Tears, The Man in the Iron Mask, Shirley, Walk Away Renee, She’s Got a New Spell. I could go on, but…

I know he’s not the most popular guy on here, and I too believe he went overboard with his Moz critique a few years ago, but he was a great songwriter in especially the 80s and 90s.
'Honey, I'm A Big Boy Now'(the acoustic piano version given away with the NME), and 'A Lover Sings' are especially beautiful. I prefer his love songs to his political ones.

'Honey, I'm A Big Boy Now'(the acoustic piano version given away with the NME), and 'A Lover Sings' are especially beautiful. I prefer his love songs to his political ones.
Oh, I do too. No competition. I’ll make sure to check these out!

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom