What should be YOR's second single?

Johan de Witt

Or in fact it's fourth...

Apart from the 3 singles already released off it, I don't hear anything truly radio-friendly on there. I suppose they will release another single in April, but I can't see it getting a lot of radio-airplay.

Well, the third single should have been Skull, not Paris, I think, but despite that I'd go for...

4th Single - When Last I Spoke To Carol
5th Single - It's Not Your Birthday Anymore

And if anyone can stand it...

6th Single - I'm Okay By Myself

Morrissey being Morrissey I think we should probably expect Sorry Doesn't Help...

when last i spoke to carol as a single? seriously? :confused:

Yes! It reminds me of a lost 60s classic and I think it's totally different to anything that he's done before and would come as a total surprise to the record/CD/MP3 buying public. Really! I could see it being a hit, almost...

Something Is Squeezing My Skull. Followed by One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell or Sorry Doesn't Help (I can't help it, I like it).

You see, while I like these songs, I think they are too similar to recent Morrissey single releases. Just for once, I'd like him to release the big ballad from the album... but he never has before...

I think it may be Sorry Doesn't Help because, musically and lyrically, it's one of the lighter songs on the album and Moz favours them as singles.

I went for 'When Last I Spoke To Carol', it's different to what people expect (as is '...Skull' but I think it's been heard too much).

A lot of the other songs (I'm still torn on whether I like the studio version of 'Mama') sound very Morrissey-by-numbers, I don't think they want to hear Morrissey singing over a regular guitar about how nobody loves him, even though he loves them. The casual listener has heard it all before.

Definately Something is Squeezing my Skull, its completely stunning- especially the "thank you drop dead" near the begining- amazing :guitar:

to my opinion MLSOTR or INYBA..SISMS is too short..poeple maybe hear it and before they're in it...bump..it's already over..ITMAAP..was short enough..please not again.. not a fan of short songs..!!!

Skull all the way. There are some great songs on this album that wouldn't do well as a single. It's Not Your Birthday Anymore is a prime example. It's like releasing I Know It's Over or Late Night, Maudlin Street as a single. Just doesn't work.

Skull all the way. There are some great songs on this album that wouldn't do well as a single. It's Not Your Birthday Anymore is a prime example. It's like releasing I Know It's Over or Late Night, Maudlin Street as a single. Just doesn't work.

hm..i don't think so..i guess that SISMS would be too mozish for local radio stations..i mean here in germany and around..but i can't speak for the uk or us , of course....:rolleyes:..it's not your birthday anymore would fit in..just a bit more..

hm..i don't think so..i guess that SISMS would be too mozish for local radio stations..i mean here in germany and around..but i can't speak for the uk or us , of course....:rolleyes:..it's not your birthday anymore would fit in..just a bit more..

Oh I would LOVE for Birthday to be selected as the new single. It's my favorite track. :D So, we'll see. OH maybe he'll release something that hasn't been put out yet!:pray:

Oh I would LOVE for Birthday to be selected as the new single. It's my favorite track. :D So, we'll see. OH maybe he'll release something that hasn't been put out yet!:pray:

exactly..hm..but for now i'm looking forward to the paris bundle..and the b-sides..shame is the name and because of my poor education..the titles are promising..hope the rest also..but the b-sides are often very good..see the last example my dearest love:rolleyes:..and in addition they're whyte compositions..not bad at all;)

Back
Top Bottom