What other bands do you travel to see?

Joe Benzon

This is for the fans that travel all around the country and world to see Morrissey. After Morrissey, what other bands/artists do you travel to see? How far do you go for them in comparison to the Mozz?

I've never left the country to see Morrissey (or at all) but have travelled all over it to do so. There isn't any other artist I've gone too far for. I live in Philly. I've went to NYC to see Owen, and Washington DC to see Alkaline Trio. I've gone far into New Jersey to see MeWithoutYou and Mike Park. That's all I can think of.

This is for the fans that travel all around the country and world to see Morrissey. After Morrissey, what other bands/artists do you travel to see? How far do you go for them in comparison to the Mozz?

The Wedding Present (for me Moz first TWP second, for my b/f the alternate way round).

I'm lucky in that we support each other in this joint madness - which has provided some great excuses to gig abroad and travel :)

I've only ever travelled overseas once to see a band. It was a great evening , watching The Devils (Stephen Duffy & Nick Rhodes) play in freezing Cologne around Valentines day 2004 . I had to convince the wife that a trip to Germany in the middle of winter would be a lovely way to spend valentines weeekend.

I've been to see Moz in Sweden, Italy, Ireland, Scotland (if that really counts as 'abroad') and am going to Germany next month as well.

There's no one else I'd make any sort of effort for really. The only band I'd even travel outside of Manchester for would be the Decemberists, but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere more than two and a half hours away.

While I was working in Maracaibo/Venezuela, I went three times to Miami to watch Korn, Depeche Mode :cool: and finally U2. Actually, I was forced to, as no one came to Maracaibo, just :mad: Luis Miguel :)eek: ).... I had a kind of flight budget, so thanks god there was no need to pay for the flights. Now things have changed, I am back in Berlin for a quite a while now, waiting for Dec 17th ....

For some "far-away" gigs, the bands I've actually seen out of the states have been:

Depeche Mode
EATB
Buzzcocks
The Futureheads
Boy Kill Boy

I will admit the latter 3 were all purely unintentional... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only once have I been abroad specifically to see an artist.

I have travelled in the UK further than two hours to see The Fall, Primal Scream and Franz Ferdinand. Fortunately most bands play "round our way" (within an hour) when they're on tour and I tend to avoid arena gigs.

As for Moz... oh well these are the things that we must do.

The Wedding Present (for me Moz first TWP second, for my b/f the alternate way round).

I'm lucky in that we support each other in this joint madness - which has provided some great excuses to gig abroad and travel :)
SPHINX! I just wanna say.... Lovely avatar!

I've travelled abroad to see Prince (Germany) and U2 (Belgium) both in the late eighties and this year I went/will go to Belgium to see Pearl Jam and Muse.

But this was more for practical reasons (sold out here, better/smaller venues) than obsession for a certain band.

Back
Top Bottom