What other bands do you listen to?

K

KenzieW

What do you listen to? What are your new obsessions, your forever favorites, the super-talented bands you lay in awe of, and the bands you are embarrassed of but can't stop listening to? Hit me with them all.:guitar:

For me:

-Favorites/Bands I lay in awe of:
1)Morrissey/The Smiths
2)Bauhaus/Love and Rockets/Tones on Tail
3)Franz Ferdinand

Then some Soft Cell, and Depeche Mode.

-Latest Obsessions:
1)The White Stripes
2)Class Actress

-Stuff I have been trying:
1) Lately I have been borrowing the soundtracks of Disney movies from my library. The music is so different, but it is fun to listen to.
2) I have started listening to The Beatles. I randomly chose their album Revolver. I like it.
3) I have been listening to Anna Calvi. I like it, and it's different.

I will have to go through my music for embarrassing bands.

Too many to mention. Just have a click on that little red icon underneath my username. That will tell you everything you need to know.

oh wow

Sinatra... heh
Tony Bennett
The Beatles (You can never go wrong with the Beatles - they live up to the hype)
Phish
Damien Rice
Joe Purdy
Dave Matthews Band
Thievery Corporation
Billy Joel (It's a Long Island NY thing)
Bruce Springsteen
U2
Jack Johnson
Johnny Cash
Jay Z
Paul Simon / Simon and Garfunkel
Louis Armstrong
Jimmy Buffett
Harry Connick Jr
Moby
Biggie
Rolling Stones
Stevie Wonder
Sting / The Police
Admittedly some Coldplay.
Jimmy Buffett (Represents my summer vacation every year)

and a lot of various New Orleans influenced cajun style music... Hey- it's what I like to listen to.

I am all over the place. iTunes says I have over 23,000 tracks available to listen to.

Neutral milk hotel, casiotone for the painfully alone, lemonheads, broken social scene, animal collective, beirut, the knife, best coast, morning benders, the pains of being pure at heart, ariel pink's haunted graffiti, the mountain goats, the jesus and mary chain, the minutemen, the descendents, paul baribeau. Um... more to be added.

Last edited:
Ohhh, forget to add these to my favorites:

Joy Division
The Clash

Jeff Buckley, Interpol, The Joy Formidable, Airship, HURTS, Performance, The Gaslight Anthem, The Chapman Family, O. Children.. hmm

Jeff Buckley, Interpol, The Joy Formidable, Airship, HURTS, Performance, The Gaslight Anthem, The Chapman Family, O. Children.. hmm

I like O.Children too. :)
No particular order here.

My favourites are the smiths, Morrissey, IAMX, Patrick Wolf, Foals, Depeche Mode, sunset rubdown, wolf parade, and one, Wolfsheim, Bat for Lashes, Kings of Convenience, Radiohead, The Magnetic Fields, New order, Owen Pallett, Joy Division, John Frusciante, The National, Modest Mouse, The Cure, Destroyer, Empire of the Sun, Yeasayer, PJ Harvey, Cat Power, Jens Lekman, Ladytron, Metric, Neko Case, Wilde Beasts and Aesop Rock.

Neutral milk hotel, casiotone for the painfully alone, lemonheads, broken social scene, animal collective, beirut, the knife, best coast, morning benders, the pains of being pure at heart, ariel pink's haunted graffiti, the mountain goats, the jesus and mary chain, the minutemen, the descendents, paul baribeau. Um... more to be added.

Ohhhh, you're one of THOSE.

I mostly listen to solo artists...I like Sparks, Eels, Death Cab For Cutie, James, Morcheeba, Orange Juice, Cocteau Twins, XTC..

James
Tool
Rush
Zappa
Ministry
The Spill Canvas
The Chameleons
Pixies
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles

and a bunch more

What ever do you mean?

+Andrew Jackson Jihad. I don't know how I forgot them.

A very good friend of mine is into them. Toward the end of last semester he doused an old sock of his with lighter fluid and created a f***ing torch outside Village Hall. Crazy f***.

The Cocteau Twins!!! They are just amazing. Robin is an absolute genius on guitar and Liz has the best female voice in the universe! Not to mention that Simon is a very underated Bass player and he has got some cracking bass lines.

Back
Top Bottom