What one song would you like to see live that has hitherto been unplayed, and where in the set list?

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
I'd personally replace "Asleep" with "You Were Good In Your Time" and make it the final song of the set.

That one hits me right in the feels and has never been done live.

Re: What one song would you like to see live that has hitherto been unplayed, and where in the set l

"Come Back to Camden" (only done twice so far and both times seemed quite emotional for him) and I'd love for it to be the last one he does in the setlist in order for that moment to stick with me forever and ever. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What one song would you like to see live that has hitherto been unplayed, and where in the set l

Ammunition. Opener.

Ammunition. Opener.

oh my, can you imagine?!

Southpaw, end of main set.

Southpaw, end of main set.

It's Southpaw for me as well but he addressed it as never to be played in the liner notes of the Southpaw Grammar re-issue.

It's Southpaw for me as well but he addressed it as never to be played in the liner notes of the Southpaw Grammar re-issue.

He did, and I'm willing to wager there's been a number of songs, Smiths and solo, he has vowed privately to never air and has done so. I bet he despised This Charming Man before ripping off the Death Cab For Cutie live version for his own use.

Not that I expect Southpaw to get a live debut any time soon, but never say never when it comes to his back catalogue.

Well I Wonder, first song played at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony 2015, with Morrissey, Johnny, Andy, and Joyce. Dream a little dream.

Ammunition. Opener.

I would've said that too as it is my favourite Moz song of all time, but opted for what my next choice would be, as I've been fairly vocal about my disappointed of Ammunition never being played live on here several times. Boz once told me it was rehearsed and almost played live, though didn't end up happening for whatever reason.

Ammunition is great. Would love to hear that one live, for sure.

In keeping with the current tour, Oboe Concerto. I am shocked and abhorred that it hasn't had an outing. Southpaw is a good call, though.

'Sorrow Will Come in the End', preferably in the current set after 'Neal Cassidy Drops Dead', so he can do two 'rap' songs in a row. He should also wear a cap on backwards whilst doing these two.

If I was him i would totally f*** with people and go out there one night and play Moserable Lie (he can still hit that falsetto just fine), then another night a deep track off of Vauxhall. Just to keep people guessing.

Well I Wonder, first song played at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony 2015, with Morrissey, Johnny, Andy, and Joyce. Dream a little dream.

Sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

song: Camden

position: Encore

Unloveable. Last song before encore.

In keeping with the current tour, Oboe Concerto. I am shocked and abhorred that it hasn't had an outing. Southpaw is a good call, though.

Did Boz pack his clarinet?

honey you know where to find me. dont know if its been played or not but that one line encapsulates morrissey so well (at any time) and i love the 50's guitar pop song structure with the big hook and surf solo. nice. i would put it square in the middle of the set however long

'I Don't Owe you Anything.' That would blow my f***en mind. Like literally blow it clean out of its cranium. That and 'Well I Wonder' which is my favourite Smiths song eva.

Or is he just happy to see you? :D

Hey-ooooooh! I gotta #3 reed with yer name on it, sweetcheeks.

Back
Top Bottom