What music do you run to?

lainey

My MP3 playlists are on overkill so I need new inspiration.

There has been different view points on the best type of music, Athletes choose up tempo tunes but some coaches suggest Classical music to slow down your breathing.

Weirdly I have been asking people the same question recently!

I listen to a bit of Springsteen or rock at that tempo, it has quite a good pace I think or I listen to podcasts sometimes so the talking takes my mind off the tiredness! Bit of Motown or Northern Soul works well too. I go pretty slow tho - no sprinting!

What do you listen to at the moment? You got a race coming up?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gpc5_3B5xdk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gpc5_3B5xdk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm just back from a run and I listened to all classical, but any good music will do really as long as I am listening to something. :thumb:

I only run for the bus in the morning or at 9.57pm when the off licence is due to shut in three minutes......:eek:

At the moment I don't have an ipod.... but if I did.....I would run along to Morrissey's ''On the streets I ran'':lbf:;):thumb::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Weirdly I have been asking people the same question recently!

I listen to a bit of Springsteen or rock at that tempo, it has quite a good pace I think or I listen to podcasts sometimes so the talking takes my mind off the tiredness! Bit of Motown or Northern Soul works well too. I go pretty slow tho - no sprinting!

What do you listen to at the moment? You got a race coming up?

Listening to podcasts is a great idea.
I used to listen to The Killers, The Jam and bit of The Clash, Stranglers etc...
Then I went up tempo with Donna Summer, Girls Aloud, 70's disco/funk.
Now I have Morrissey (I resisted for years as I felt I was listened to just him and running and going to the gym allowed me time to listen to all the other music I have)
I've tried Springteen, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, U2 but I need new stuff.

I'm just back from a run and I listened to all classical, but any good music will do really as long as I am listening to something. :thumb:

I went through a phase of listening to Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and Fred Astaire.

lainey, so how often are you pounding the mean streets of Widnes or is it a treadmill?:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Yes these Streets are mean.....4 times a week. You'll find me on a threadmill in the dark evening as I'm not that hard.

A for exercise, it helps release feel-good endorphins, certain mood-enhancing neurotransmitters in the brain, release muscle tension, helps you sleep better, and reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. It also increases body temperature, which may have calming effects.

recently, i've been running to either bowie or modern life is war.

Morrissey - Boxers, Sunny
Pulp - Acrylic Afternoons, Mis-Shapes

How long do you run for?

I don't really run, but I cycle, so similar stuff.

I mainly listen to really dirty crust punk (Antischism, His Hero Is Gone, Iskra) or ska-punk like Bomb The Music Industry!, Streetlight Manifesto, etc.

I don't run, but I do Aerobics (what can I say? I just love to idolise Lycra fitted thighs and head sweat-bands!) on the Wii Fit game but anything by The Fall is usually good for a timing drum beat and even Born Ruffians and Blockhead.

The Fall - Victoria, Hit The North, Rollin Dany, Couldn't Get Ahead, Cruisers Creek
The Bees - These Are The Ghosts
Carl Davis - Champions (excerpts)
Billy Bragg - Upfield, Accident Waiting To Happen
Wilco - One Wing, Spiders (Kidsmoke)
Blur - Trouble In The Message Centre
Holst - The Planets Jupiter
Elmer Bernstein - Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, Bridge At Remagen, Halleluah Trail

I listen to TV theme tunes such as Minder, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, The Bill, Only Fools and Horses, Animal Hospital, Going for Gold (starring Henry Kelly), and Dads Army whilst running.

When I'm finished and I need to wash my clems, I put the radio on in the shower and listen to Stan Collymore and Alan Brazil on talkSPORT.

Back
Top Bottom