Running up that hill,Kate bush

I Ran, Flock of Seagulls

or anything by Radiohead would get me running
for the hills.

Anyway,running's bad for the knees.

Morrissey - Boxers, Sunny
Pulp - Acrylic Afternoons, Mis-Shapes

How long do you run for?

top tunes there vaca. I love acrylic afternoons, best track from His'n Hers IMO. I play that album often when I run. I run for between half an hour to 2 hours depending on time available. do you do a lot of miles? just followed your blog link, it's hilarious. I just listened to The Shirehorses 'Tony'. remember hearing that at the time and dying from laughter. thanks for making me chuckle today :D

Recently i love this song,i like this samba/salsa rythym.

(I dont run though,my workout is more dance related:))

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really run, but I cycle, so similar stuff.

I mainly listen to really dirty crust punk (Antischism, His Hero Is Gone, Iskra) or ska-punk like Bomb The Music Industry!, Streetlight Manifesto, etc.

You listen to Bomb the Muisic Industry???!!! That is so freakin weird. I know those guys. Didn't know that anyone else did haha.

my band has opened for BTMI! a couple times. i don't really listen to their music anymore, but i loved it when i was a teenager. i used to run into jeff alot on the train or at this one restaurant when i lived in brooklyn. speaking of streetlight, i used to run often to "keasbey nights" by catch 22.

Haha, seeing as they've done European tours and stuff...they're not that obscure! And I know other people who like them.

my band has opened for BTMI! a couple times. i don't really listen to their music anymore, but i loved it when i was a teenager. i used to run into jeff alot on the train or at this one restaurant when i lived in brooklyn. speaking of streetlight, i used to run often to "keasbey nights" by catch 22.

Too funny. I know Jeff had moved down south and when he was touring I guess he got some of the guys from ASOB to go with him, including Mike the drummer who for a time was also the touring drummer for Catch 22. I am very close with his now ex :tears: girlfriend who was in her own band in NY that I toured with a few times. As well as Joey the trumpet player/guy dressed in the banana suit in ASOB.

Oh and shoot, apparently Tom is in BTMI! as well. I love Tom!!!! :o:horny: I toured with Liz's band and Tom's old bad The Fad one summer. He's a great guy.

top tunes there vaca. I love acrylic afternoons, best track from His'n Hers IMO. I play that album often when I run. I run for between half an hour to 2 hours depending on time available. do you do a lot of miles? just followed your blog link, it's hilarious. I just listened to The Shirehorses 'Tony'. remember hearing that at the time and dying from laughter. thanks for making me chuckle today :D

Lol, well ta' very much for the compliment on the blog but, errrrm, yeah..... :blushing:

His 'n Hers is a great album! Sometimes I tend to think that it's a lot better than Different Class but then I past 'Pink Glove' and it sort of goes down hill from there for me.. But it's only two songs, I suppose. However if you count the US version which has Razzmatazz on it then it rises back to being better than Different Class... I think you get the general idea :lbf:

I usually run to catch the bus or if I'm late for the train, so what's that? Oooo, 4 minutes? I usually bike it though and go on the Wii fit board (approx. 30mins on the Aerobics Freestep), do some crunches (approx. 4), but I do walk everywhere!... Usually in the rain as where I live is the rainiest place on earth.

Last edited:
Lol, well ta' very much for the compliment on the blog but, errrrm, yeah..... :blushing:

His 'n Hers is a great album! Sometimes I tend to think that it's a lot better than Different Class but then I past 'Pink Glove' and it sort of goes down hill from there for me.. But it's only two songs, I suppose. However if you count the US version which has Razzmatazz on it then it rises back to being better than Different Class... I think you get the general idea :lbf:

I usually run to catch the bus or if I'm late for the train, so what's that? Oooo, 4 minutes? I usually bike it though and go on the Wii fit board (approx. 30mins on the Aerobics Freestep), do some crunches (approx. 4), but I do walk everywhere!... Usually in the rain as where I live is the rainiest place on earth.

I like some of the songs on Different Class, most of them actually. I Spy is probably one of the best songs they have ever made. But I love the overall sound of His'n Hers better, it just sounds so much more polished and produced. I actually like the last couple of songs but I must admit they have grown on me with time. You need to let them play and give them time. David's Last Summer is actually quite good. I have good memories attached to that album, maybe that's why I am fiercely defending its honour! But at least we agree that it's a GREAT album.
Keep up the fitness regime, it's good for the mind, body and soul. Although how you ride your bike on the Wii Fit board is still baffling me, lol.
Nice to have a normal conversation here - is this allowed? Surely we need to get back to talking bollocks now, vaca x :)

Glad to see others here enjoy running. My play list is ever changing. It runs the range of The Smiths to Beck to Interpol. I have a bit of everything with a build-up from start to finish. Then a whole selection of cool-down from Winehouse to Weezer. :)

Running...a good thing...

tick tock. tick tock. tick tock.

EVERY time I see this I think it means "what music do you turn to?"

okay, I don't run unless I'm crossing the street and there's a truck coming, but I do listen to music when I'm riding my bike. I used to live about 7 miles from work and would allow myself a half-hour to get there. That's only 14mph, but that's through traffic, red lights, a large bridge near the end with a steep climb...

and I was sometimes doing this on a mountain bike, but a lot of times I took my BMX, so I was making good time.

I made a tape that was 1/2 hour per side. (remember tapes?) I would put on rap music, and the stuff that got me the most pumped was Public Enemy. This might not be right for running where I think you want to pace yourself. But if you're going to do a half-hour that leaves you sweating and looking like you're ready to drop at the end, put on "it takes a nation of millions to hold us back" or "fear of a black planet".

Back
Top Bottom