What Morrissey thinks of Korda Marshall at BMG

What Morrissey really thinks of Korda Marshall (and other amazing tributes) - Music Business Worldwide

Excerpt:

This was supposed to be a simple story telling you that Korda Marshall is winning the coveted A&R Icon gong at the A&R Awards in London next Wednesday (November 1), presented by MBW in association with Abbey Road Studios.

That’s very much still true – and we’re delighted that Korda is following in the footsteps of the brilliant Muff Winwood by collecting the prize at our sold-out ceremony.

People care about Korda. You only need to read the amazing tributes from the likes of alt-J, Muse’s Matt Bellamy, Max Lousada, Seymour Stein and many more below to know that.

He’s been a mentor, a friend and an inspiration to artists and executives alike throughout his 35 years in the UK record business.

But late last night, the original introduction to this humble news alert was stopped in its tracks, when MBW received an email from a source who – how can we put this? – hasn’t exactly been lavish in his praise about the record industry down the years.

He proceeded to tell us, in no uncertain terms, exactly what he thinks of Korda.

Here is that email.

“It is an indisputable fact that most record company executives can barely walk on land, and need to be turned over every 30 minutes. Their success makes you worry for music. But Korda strikes fire because he loves music and he wants others to. He listens with every nerve alert, and for those of us who have too frequently cruised the bars looking for a new label, Korda is a relief and a blessing.

“His job is hard to do well, but easy to do badly. Korda does not view pop artists as marketing creations. Instead, his knowledge, smartness and structural ideas fully join every aspect – he frets about the undotted i. I’m glad he’s around in 2017 entertainment when so many people surprise us only by being able to talk.

“May Korda rule the waves and waive the rules for many years to come.”

MORRISSEY.

41082_korda_marshall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'
It is an indisputable fact that most record company executives can barely walk on land, and need to be turned over every 30 minutes. Their success makes you worry for music. But Korda strikes fire because he loves music and he wants others to. He listens with every nerve alert, and for those of us who have too frequently cruised the bars looking for a new label, Korda is a relief and a blessing.

“His job is hard to do well, but easy to do badly. Korda does not view pop artists as marketing creations. Instead, his knowledge, smartness and structural ideas fully join every aspect – he frets about the undotted i. I’m glad he’s around in 2017 entertainment when so many people surprise us only by being able to talk.

MORRISSEY.

'
It is an indisputable fact that most record company executives can barely walk on land, and need to be turned over every 30 minutes. Their success makes you worry for music. But Korda strikes fire because he loves music and he wants others to. He listens with every nerve alert, and for those of us who have too frequently cruised the bars looking for a new label, Korda is a relief and a blessing.

MORRISSEY.

Those are very nice words.

don't know why but I thought korda was a woman,strange name but in a good way.good to see someone M can trust,i don't see why he cant be at bmg for a few more years and another album or two.

They’ve done a good job with this album. Hope the relationship lasts

By the way. The Joyce thing. I was in a pub in London once, and was told something that would explain many things.

Once? Haha! That I can believe. Have you left the house lately though. Your name is always the first to comment on any Moz related news here. You strike me as a bitter reclusive just based on your attitude and obsessive compulsive posting.

Well it will make all the invectives Morrissey will be flinging his way, when the inevitable falling out happens, all the more entertaining.

By the way. The Joyce thing. I was in a pub in London once, and was told something that would explain many things.
I wonder if your source was genuine or just another nut job? If you believed them can you share the knowledge? As in... 'allegedly, according to something someone heard...' It doesn't imply you agree with it or anything. Anyway most gossip is crap. Queuing up for a Ringleader concert at the Olympia (Dublin) I had to listen to fans chatting about how it was a 'fact' that Moz had a baby with Linder cos this person saw her with a child who looked just like Moz. It could be true but more than likely its made up mush. Still I am intrigued by whatever you heard. Did they say Moz tried it on with Joyce and was rebuked?

Nice line: "May Korda rule the waves and waive the rules for many years to come.”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom