What Morrissey song(s) embarass you?

I would say the video for "November Spawned a Monster" is pretty embarrassing, especially if you were with your football player roommates who listen to Van Halen and Black Sabbath. It also gave them crazy ideas about why I would walk into the bathroom naked and peak behind the shower curtain when they were showering. As if it was anything more than me seeing if the bath was free.

As for purely songs, "Born to Hang" and "Striptease with a Difference" are both equally horrid.

I think its mor eembarrassing to have a roomate that listens to Van Halen...

Kumo

The only one that embarrasses me sometimes Is Alsatian Cousin- It's my all time favourite, but there's a couple of occasions I've been singing it and I bump into someone I shouldn't- for example there's this teacher in my school who looks like Moz and is a really big fan of his (part of the reason I myself got into Moz) and I started singing 'On the desk is where I want you' as he was walking down the stairs with other members of staff- who were a bit bemused to say the least.

none of them, I love all the odd stuff thats what makes Morrissey great the gay stuff is epecially brilliant.

The 1989 side B to "Interesting Drug."

lol I know the song, it's just that you wrote the title differently and I just wondered if you thought it was a different song :) .

Those who find they're touched by madness, sit down next to me
Those who find themselves ridiculous, sit down next to me
In love, in fear, in hate ...

Actually I think amy was refering to the fact that someone had mistakenly written 'I know he'd love to see me,' rather than not knowing what the song was

Amy, after you asked the question I crossed referenced the "Bona Drag" CD
to see if I got the title wrong, and the track is listed as "He knows I'd love to see him." What do you have the song title down as?

Amy, after you asked the question I crossed referenced the "Bona Drag" CD
to see if I got the title wrong, and the track is listed as "He knows I'd love to see him." What do you have the song title down as?

The same.
But you wrote
"I know he'd love to see me"

Let's see... "King Leer", he may be the greatest lyricist alive, but everybody has an off day sometimes. Oh, and the exploding testicles imagery from "Dear God Please Help Me" is a tad disquieting but at least it's a much better song.

i don't know. there are some songs that i just don't like all that much, but i am embarrassed to listen to some of his songs around people. like, i CAN'T play "hand in glove" around my dad. and i nearly died when moz played "dear god..." at the chicago show. "OH MY GOD DAD IS GOING TO THINK HE'S CRAZY WITH THESE LYRICS I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE OH MY GOD."

but i don't know. none of it matters when it's just me listening. so i think the only reason i ever get embarrassed is because i worry the people i'm playing the music around won't approve. :(

haha i know exactly how you feel! ive been considering getting my parents to come along with me to one of the upcoming shows and then im like "wait, i'm sure he'll play 'Dear God..", oh no i cant do that, they'll think he's some miserable pervert!" i always skip that song when im around anyone who doesnt know his music, esp. my parents!

when im alone however, i feel comfortable listening to all of morrissey.
except for when im in class listening to my ipod, if i listen to any 'embarrassing' moz/smiths with high falsettos or anything like that i always feel like people can hear it and are laughing at me or something :o

OUTRAGEOUS!!!You CANNOT be serious???:confused:I love this record so much I play it daily several times over.
Infact I`ve played it to non Morrissey fans and its one they actually like!!
Its a masterpiece,especially the lyrics....."Haves cannot stand havenots"Who else but Morrissey could possibly write such a simple yet powerful line?

Off with your head!!!!!!:eek:

(There isn`t a single Moz song that embarrasses me and there never has been one).

I concur

I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero now is really beautiful, and one of Whyte's/Morrissey's best compositions. And its my favorite track on the Quarry album. hmpf!

Back
Top Bottom