What Morrissey fans do you hate

• Thread starter Johnnyhatesjazz
  • Start date
While it can't be easy reading unwarranted crap about your brother and are completely correct in defending him, I'm not sure talk of teaching people a thing or two or calling people c*nts is entirely helpful either.

It might be helpful if the site mods applied some discretion and shut this thread down. There are so many posts within this thread that breach the TOS. What possible valid argument is there for keeping it running?

SOSB

It might be helpful if the site mods applied some discretion and shut this thread down. There are so many posts within this thread that breach the TOS. What possible valid argument is there for keeping it running?

SOSB

Link them, report them, and state why they breach the TOS, and we'll consider. Otherwise, stop moaning.

Link them, report them, and state why they breach the TOS, and we'll consider. Otherwise, stop moaning.

Ok, the section of the TOS I cite is paragraph two, as per my post yesterday:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

On paper this refers to any user of the service - i.e. including anons.

The remainder of the TOS refers to the conduct of members, so the subsequent clauses would not (unfortunately) apply to anonymous posters.

I would highlight the following posts as being in breach of paragraph two:

Defamation of character: #24, #48, #63, #67, #68, #69, #90, #103, #114, #514
Highly offensive to those referred to: #56, #199, #214, #220 and particularly #532
Publication of personal details without consent: #11, #15, #17, #19, #20, #40, #58, #59

There are many more instances of people being named and insulted, usually with the c-word.

I'm sure you can find some weasel words to dismiss my point. But I can't conceive that someone with your undoubted intellect is resorting to a 'prove it' line of argument and believes in their heart that everything within this thread is fine and dandy.

Having not been cited I don't have the inclination to seek legal recourse. But if one of the named individuals decided to, this site would be on extremely dicey ground.

But my wider point is a moral not a legal one. How is this thread in any way good for anyone other than the deranged and those with an axe to grind? How does it enrich this site? And how can a thread so littered with unproven assertions about various individuals, sprinkled with copious instances of the word "c***" not be offensive?

SOSB

Ok, the section of the TOS I cite is paragraph two, as per my post yesterday:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

On paper this refers to any user of the service - i.e. including anons.

The remainder of the TOS refers to the conduct of members, so the subsequent clauses would not (unfortunately) apply to anonymous posters.

I would highlight the following posts as being in breach of paragraph two:

Defamation of character: #24, #48, #63, #67, #68, #69, #90, #103, #114, #514
Highly offensive to those referred to: #56, #199, #214, #220 and particularly #532
Publication of personal details without consent: #11, #15, #17, #19, #20, #40, #58, #59

There are many more instances of people being named and insulted, usually with the c-word.

I'm sure you can find some weasel words to dismiss my point. But I can't conceive that someone with your undoubted intellect is resorting to a 'prove it' line of argument and believes in their heart that everything within this thread is fine and dandy.

Having not been cited I don't have the inclination to seek legal recourse. But if one of the named individuals decided to, this site would be on extremely dicey ground.

But my wider point is a moral not a legal one. How is this thread in any way good for anyone other than the deranged and those with an axe to grind? How does it enrich this site? And how can a thread so littered with unproven assertions about various individuals, sprinkled with copious instances of the word "c***" not be offensive?

SOSB

I see opinions that some people have of others. You may not like them, but they are not actionable. Are you saying we should censor opinions, whatever words they use? If any of the subjects want to take things further, they're free to do so.

Last edited:
They are, by and large, not reasonable opinions or criticisms though. It is clearly incessant abuse.

Right behind you SOSB. I complained to the moderator asking for the thread to be removed, from a moral standpoint more than anything. As you said what can come from this thread except hate?
You've gone even further than I could be bothered to go and actually cited a number of offensive comments, which did probably include my initial post (I was angry). To be met with 'it's just peoples opinions' is simply not good enough. This thread incites hatred and antipathy towards other Morrissey fans and it's inexplicable that the moderators will not moderate.
At least it all gone very quiet on the wanker front for now.

I see opinions that some people have of others. You may not like them, but they are not actionable. Are you saying we should censor opinions, whatever words they use? If any of the subjects want to take things further, they're free to do so.

I should have anticipated the weasel words.

A number of statements cited are assertions against the character and conduct of individuals, not mere opinion.

Given a well documented case in the media only last week, you should know that they are most certainly actionable.

If you want to maintain this hateful thread, then carry on. But it doesn't cast this site in a favourable light.

I should have anticipated the weasel words.

A number of statements cited are assertions against the character and conduct of individuals, not mere opinion.

Given a well documented case in the media only last week, you should know that they are most certainly actionable.

If you want to maintain this hateful thread, then carry on. But it doesn't cast this site in a favourable light.

Well then, as I said above, let the subjects take action. There's nothing stopping them.

To all of the annonmous pricks out there slagging off my brother, you can all f*** off.
I couldn't hope to meet a nicer more genuine person. He is a true Morrissey fan, who has no desire to do anything other than meet like minded people and have a good time, why should he be met with such hatred? If someone isn't your cup of tea, the decent thing to do is to perhaps harbour this thought or even better still, have the courage to voice such a concern to the person instead of trolling behind the curtain of annoniminity.
The point of a community is that you all bond around a shared love or interest, and the idea that anyone would create a thread based on such hate is absurd. I do hope you all the haters eventually decide to say something to his face. If you can't muster the courage to do that you can always get in touch with me, I'd be more than happy to teach you a thing or two about common decency, etiquette and general politeness. For the time being f*** you you crashing bores, you barbaric little cretins.
It is true that barbarism truly does begin at home. c***s.
Kieran

Lololololol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

are all anonymous posts still checked by moderators before beig posted?

if so, then there's really no point in complaining about these comments as they've already been okayed by the mod team.

a moderator saw the post "I wouldn't say I hate Grim O'Grady, but I laughed like f*** when he had that house fire" and thought yes, that is the kind of material that would fit on this site.

are all anonymous posts still checked by moderators before beig posted?

if so, then there's really no point in complaining about these comments as they've already been okayed by the mod team.

a moderator saw the post "I wouldn't say I hate Grim O'Grady, but I laughed like f*** when he had that house fire" and thought yes, that is the kind of material that would fit on this site.
that's not abusive though. a persons allowed to not like someone else and to laugh like f*** when that persons house catches on fire. sure, it's not nice, but it's not abusive. it's not calling him names. it's not harassing him. as far as i can see this thread is very tame. the only personal info it contains is some real names. the names in question are already being used on the internet by the owners in connection with their being morrissey fans. so if it's agreed that these people are morrissey fans, and if we can agree that not everyone in the world has to like everyone else, i dont see where the objectionable offence is to their names winding up in a "what morrissey fans do you hate?" thread. it would be different if other personal information were being posted or if the mention of these people spilled into other areas of the board. but it's all contained in this one thread where all morrissey fans are fair game, and the feeling i get from it is that none of it is meant to be taken too seriously.

that's not abusive though. a persons allowed to not like someone else and to laugh like f*** when that persons house catches on fire. sure, it's not nice, but it's not abusive. it's not calling him names. it's not harassing him. as far as i can see this thread is very tame. the only personal info it contains is some real names. the names in question are already being used on the internet by the owners in connection with their being morrissey fans. so if it's agreed that these people are morrissey fans, and if we can agree that not everyone in the world has to like everyone else, i dont see where the objectionable offence is to their names winding up in a "what morrissey fans do you hate?" thread. it would be different if other personal information were being posted or if the mention of these people spilled into other areas of the board. but it's all contained in this one thread where all morrissey fans are fair game, and the feeling i get from it is that none of it is meant to be taken too seriously.

Honestly, the game of defend the indefensible continues.

Firstly, the persons named are almost certainly not registered users of this site. Many are regulars on 'the list' and this is why they are being targeted but this does not make them fair game.

The argument that this thread is somehow contained doesn't hold water either. It's a poison that spreads into any post relating to fan events or literature.

Also, if you scan the posts, the name calling and the profanities flow more freely than Cola at Nandos and there is a lot of venom behind it and very little humour to be found.

I can only assume I've landed in some parallel universe in which post #60 is somehow not beyond the pale.

I'll save someone else the bother and tell myself to f*** off to AYNIM. It's the stock response to criticism here in the face of reasoned argument, no matter how obvious it is that change is required.

SOSB

Several posts clearly violate TOS. TOS uses the words "hateful" and "abusive." If you're posting that you're happy a person's house caught fire that's certainly hateful. That's just one example.
One of the posters above erred in making a threat that those referred to could take legal action and now that appears to be the new standard. There was also an error in objecting to the word 'c***' as it's one of the moderator's favourite words.
The TOS should read that nothing is allowed which is legally actionable in that case, but it doesn't.
You might try contacting the site owner and sending screenshots of the offending posts with your argument about how they violate TOS.

I agree. There were a few people at the show which I thought were quite rude but I wouldn't hate them for it or mention them on this site. To be honest, I didn't ask or remember their names either, how little I cared. And to go further on this subject, U2 fans, who are as loyal, didn't act rude at all. Blame Morrissey not his fans. HE makes people crazy. My god, grown men with kids and probably grand kids are going crazy for his shirt and to shake his hand.

Back
Top Bottom