what made you frown today?

but ive been doing this all my adult life and I never get sick. also whenever I fast these days my tongue hardly even becomes white. a white tongue during fasting signifies toxins being released. I assume by the fact that I don't get one anymore that I don't have that many toxins. also, I don't seem to be affected by sugar, whether I eat it or not. I don't get agitated, my energy doesn't change, and whenever I've had my blood sugar tested it has always been at the optimal level. I'm a very all or nothing person so fasting/binging (actually when I've been without food for over three days I never really binge. I always say I'm going to but ill eat like a sandwich and feel so full I almost feel ill and all the food that I was lusting madly over when I was so hungry quickly loses it's appeal) works for me. what I'm after most in life is a constant state of being, so I don't think I could ever just eat like a normal person.

I get where you are coming from and I definitely understand the heightened awareness aspect of fasting. Also, sorry for shabby writing and late reply, I'm on my phone and neither wifi nor 4G have been working very well on the island. Anyway, just to say I used to be quite a lot like you and used to live on a diet of coffee, coke, cigarettes and chocolate for years, could go several days without food. That worked very well for me then - I had lots of energy and would even go as far as saying I felt well and healthy. Then at 35 my system crashed and it took time and effort to get it working again (I'm still not really there, doubt I'll ever be 100% again). I'm not going to elaborate as I'm in no mood for thirteen pages of abuse from the trolls, but I will say it wasn't stress related or psychological and although I don't regret much in life I do regret abusing my body and wish I'd taken better care of myself and kept my energy levels constant. Just saying please be careful, don't take your physical health and physical strength for granted. x

Last edited:
I used to like a veggie burger joint but I've just seen they're collaborating with PETA now so won't bother going back I think. They're donating them some of their profits :crazy:

It's sad how everything that's cool is marred eventually. (Nothing to do with Johnny).

Apart from the skirt-buying, they are all a bit beyond me at present, but they are on my 'To Do' List :) What things would you prescribe for optimum well-being, if you were in charge of the nation's health?
oh that's easy, peppermint! let's see.... listening to Klaus nomi, eating baklava, watching Antonioni films, reading Oscar wilde, watching cute bunny videos, sitting in leafy green spaces with trickling streams (also walking in bluebell woods), taking long hot baths, sleeping in on rainy days, engaging in philosophical discussions about the nature of reality, making home made soup (not that I've ever done it but it seems like it would be such a homey comforting thing to do).... well, that's all I've got for now! ive never seen the appeal of sitting on beaches or swimming with dolphins to be honest. what does it mean to dig an allotment?

I get where you are coming from and I definitely understand the heightened awareness aspect of fasting. Also, sorry for shabby writing and late reply, I'm on my phone and neither wifi nor 4G have been working very well on the island. Anyway, just to say I used to be quite a lot like you and used to live on a diet of coffee, coke, cigarettes and chocolate for years, could go several days without food. That worked very well for me then - I had lots of energy and would even go as far as saying I felt well and healthy. Then at 35 my system crashed and it took time and effort to get it working again (I'm still not really there, doubt I'll ever be 100% again). I'm not going to elaborate as I'm in no mood for thirteen pages of abuse from the trolls, but I will say it wasn't stress related or psychological and although I don't regret much in life I do regret abusing my body and wish I'd taken better care of myself and kept my energy levels constant. Just saying please be careful, don't take your physical health and physical strength for granted. x
I know you are wise and that you know what you are talking about 12".... but I really like fasting! and I believe in the health benefits of fasting, having seen some of them first hand. so I don't think I ever want to give that up. the thing that I need to change is how I break the fast. obviously when you break them like I do, it can be very damaging. you just have to break them slowly, ease back into eating over the span of a few days or weeks. getting old sucks though, doesn't it? I want my 20 year old self back. :(

Hope you are getting better, Peppermint, and hope you'll get to swim with dolphins some day soon.
Oh, thank you 12", very kind of you, and yes, I hope so too :) I noticed from your post to Rifke that you have also had problems and I think you may have the same thing as me... in which case I totally get the thing about the trolls, but just to say, health and happiness to you.

Last edited:
oh that's easy, peppermint! let's see.... listening to Klaus nomi, eating baklava, watching Antonioni films, reading Oscar wilde, watching cute bunny videos, sitting in leafy green spaces with trickling streams (also walking in bluebell woods), taking long hot baths, sleeping in on rainy days, engaging in philosophical discussions about the nature of reality, making home made soup (not that I've ever done it but it seems like it would be such a homey comforting thing to do).... well, that's all I've got for now! ive never seen the appeal of sitting on beaches or swimming with dolphins to be honest. what does it mean to dig an allotment?
Oh, soup! Good for both body and soul, and so little effort you wouldn't believe it. I have a big pot of the stuff in the fridge at the moment, as it happens. *highly recommended* With you on the leafy green spaces and trickling streams. An allotment is a small patch of ground that people here can rent from the local council to grow vegetables on. They were very popular many decades ago when people didn't have gardens or much food, and came into their own in wartime, but fell out of fashion and many allotment plots were bought up and built over. But they've had a bit of a revival lately as people are recognising they are A Good Thing in so many ways. Oh, I would like to add fairy lights to the list. There are not enough fairy lights in the world, and there should be more. I think people would feel the benefit.

Last edited:
*Adding soup to list of foods to make for Rifke.

i was daringly breaking a taboo today, not a sexual one though, but i was in the train, and there was a mother with her two kids, and these kids, especially one of them, had such a loud and screechy voice and was cheering and rejoicing together with its mother for what felt like hours in the most nerve-racking way, like a bunch of dogs yapping for no reason. i got up and asked the mother if everyone could just be a tiny little bit quieter as i couldnt hear my own voice at the mobile phone any longer (which wasnt true, but hell). she looked at me for some seconds, there was only the tiniest flicker of irritation in her eyes, but then she whispered in a mousy way "yes.", and i instantly knew that this woman was just a child among her own children, and would have never even thought of shushing her children and tell them to show consideration for the other passengers. an old woman who had joined this merry group shortly before that was then darting malignant glances towards me which i was returning steadfastly. i fear there is no moral to this story

i was daringly breaking a taboo today, not a sexual one though, but i was in the train, and there was a mother with her two kids, and these kids, especially one of them, had such a loud and screechy voice and was cheering and rejoicing together with its mother for what felt like hours in the most nerve-racking way, like a bunch of dogs yapping for no reason. i got up and asked the mother if everyone could just be a tiny little bit quieter as i couldnt hear my own voice at the mobile phone any longer (which wasnt true, but hell). she looked at me for some seconds, there was only the tiniest flicker of irritation in her eyes, but then she whispered in a mousy way "yes.", and i instantly knew that this woman was just a child among her own children, and would have never even thought of shushing her children and tell them to show consideration for the other passengers. an old woman who had joined this merry group shortly before that was then darting malignant glances towards me which i was returning steadfastly. i fear there is no moral to this story

What a sad experience. There are people with authority and people without it. It's a natural thing and it happens with kids too. Authority not as a repressive or fear thing, more like a situation earned by personal merits and actions. I see a lot of situations like that where I live, and that's because there are a lot of lousy parents. Sad.

Oh, soup! Good for both body and soul, and so little effort you wouldn't believe it. I have a big pot of the stuff in the fridge at the moment, as it happens. *highly recommended* With you on the leafy green spaces and trickling streams. An allotment is a small patch of ground that people here can rent from the local council to grow vegetables on. They were very popular many decades ago when people didn't have gardens or much food, and came into their own in wartime, but fell out of fashion and many allotment plots were bought up and built over. But they've had a bit of a revival lately as people are recognising they are A Good Thing in so many ways. Oh, I would like to add fairy lights to the list. There are not enough fairy lights in the world, and there should be more. I think people would feel the benefit.
yes!! absolutely more fairy lights! I was reading that article on that guy who owns the spotted pig, and the only thing I took away from it was how great fairy lights look (he had them around the outside of the restaurant)

yes!! absolutely more fairy lights! I was reading that article on that guy who owns the spotted pig, and the only thing I took away from it was how great fairy lights look (he had them around the outside of the restaurant)
They are an instant mood-lifter, so much better than Prozac. I have three sets in my house (unless it's Christmas, when there are obviously lots more): one cascading down a wall, one wrapped around my bed head, and another fixed to some long twigs in a vase, and when I switch them on I smile. I can't help it, it's like an involuntary reflex.

very good, very good. although perhaps I would like some of peppermints soup instead? I mean, you cant get to make everything for me, tat.
Well, I don't want to start a Soup War, I'm sure TAT's soup is just as good as mine. But yes, you are welcome, Rifke, today it's chicken with vegetables (onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, turnip, cauliflower, kale, parsley, sage), please order by 10am for delivery the same evening. Not suitable for vegetarians. May contain traces of nuts.

Well, I don't want to start a Soup War, I'm sure TAT's soup is just as good as mine. But yes, you are welcome, Rifke, today it's chicken with vegetables (onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, turnip, cauliflower, kale, parsley, sage), please order by 10am for delivery the same evening. Not suitable for vegetarians. May contain traces of nuts.
sounds watery. is it watery? you should know, I'm not a fan of watery soup. how about a lil clam chowder? or perhaps some butternut squash soup?

They are an instant mood-lifter, so much better than Prozac. I have three sets in my house (unless it's Christmas, when there are obviously lots more): one cascading down a wall, one wrapped around my bed head, and another fixed to some long twigs in a vase, and when I switch them on I smile. I can't help it, it's like an involuntary reflex.
ohhhh I should get some for my place! I have a very small living space and fairy lights would really add some much needed character!

sounds watery. is it watery? you should know, I'm not a fan of watery soup. how about a lil clam chowder? or perhaps some butternut squash soup?
No, because you chuck it in the blender so it's lovely and thick, and a nice golden colour. My soups tend to be high fat/medium protein/fairly low carb, because that's what I have to eat. So I don't think I would make a solely butternut squash soup - sorry. Likewise clam chowder because of its potatoeyness. Now I feel I have disappointed :(

Last edited:
No, because you chuck it in the blender so it's lovely and thick, and a nice golden colour. My soups tend to be high fat/medium protein/fairly low carb, because that's what I have to eat. So I don't think I would make a solely butternut squash soup - sorry. Likewise clam chowder because of its potatoeyness. Now I feel I have disappointed :(
what?!?!? you chuck it ALL In the blender TOGETHER?!? so what is it, like pablum? oh peppermint, i'm afraid I'm just going to have to enjoy your company...:oops:

tatttttt, where are youuuuuuuuuu? i'm hungryyyy.......:o

what?!?!? you chuck it ALL In the blender TOGETHER?!? so what is it, like pablum? oh peppermint, i'm afraid I'm just going to have to enjoy your company...:oops:

tatttttt, where are youuuuuuuuuu? i'm hungryyyy.......:o
Noooo, it's loooooveeeeely! Actually it's really tasty, like the homemade soups my mum/grandma used to make, although I had to Google Pablum and it did make me laugh. But if you're after clam chowder I can see it would disappoint. You see, this is another good reason to look after your gut, otherwise you will end up eating like this :lbf:

The town of Ellicott city located in Baltimore county has flooded again. It flooded and destroyed its downtown. They had just finished rebuilding and now downtown is a river again with cars floating away

conversation today at work:
coworker (to me): what kind of music do you like?
me: Morrissey. only Morrissey. and in true Morrissey fashion I loathe everything that isn't Morrissey
coworker: who's morris?
me: morrisSEYYYYYYY
coworker: never heard of her
me: uh, Morrissey's a guy
me, to other coworker who happened to be nearby: have you heard of Morrissey?!
other coworker: is that someone who use to work here?

this is why I despair.

Back
Top Bottom