what made you frown today?

My mother used to knit but not now, and my grandmother too. I know you think Sweden is the center of the world, but my family has Italian roots and knitting is very italian too, remember the Alps? And my country suffers winters too. The whole world knits.
it's also very irish, and very Scottish. also very Peruvian. also very Canadian. urbanus is so dumb. we have these sweaters that are made here on the island called cowichan sweaters after the area from which they originate. I think they're ugly as sin but they're quite popular. tourists to Victoria always want a cowichan sweater. the natives have been making them for over a century. it was the Scottish settlers who taught them the art of knitting as a way for them to make an income, and the original sweaters were made with dog hair *gross*.
20110130-reindeer-front.jpg

here we see the dude in an ersatz version
423cefc41e285bc967f011e2cd3ad42d07942366_large_thumbnail.jpg

it's also very irish, and very Scottish. also very Peruvian. also very Canadian. urbanus is so dumb. we have these sweaters that are made here on the island called cowichan sweaters after the area from which they originate. I think they're ugly as sin but they're quite popular. tourists to Victoria always want a cowichan sweater. the natives have been making them for over a century. it was the Scottish settlers who taught them the art of knitting as a way for them to make an income, and the original sweaters were made with dog hair *gross*.

Yes I am dumb but I have seriously never seen knitting abroad. I thought it was something only single swedish feminists were doing.

Their most famous recent work being the "pussy hat":

680.jpg

Feminist men wearing it:

hatt-560.jpg

I want to confirm once again:

I AM DUMB, so take care of me Rifke!

Yes, you are right Rifke. Irish have very beautiful designs. Incas knitted forever, and they have very specific designs, too. I read somewhere the most ancient known knitted pieces are from Egypt, and they were made of cotton threads. That makes a lot of sense, because Incas and Egypt have pyramides in common and their knitted designs are very similar, and there's a theory that says there was an ancient migration from Egypt to Ireland.

I remember even my dad was part of some knitting club or whatever in his younger years. A great way to meet women I suppose. My family knew this older lady that did ceramics despite having very little eyesight. I am lucky to have some from her production.

Do you need someone to hold you and keep you warm when winter comes around the next time?

No

People at work are spreading that I slept with the owner and our current gm. Why? What have I done to deserve that? I just try to keep to myself and earn my paycheck and leave. I am so tired. This is going to push me over the edge I truly cannot handle this. I am so miserable. I was trying sooo hard to keep a positive outlook, I really was.
If only it were true a pay rise to go with the other rise.

You're such a heartbreaker!

The more you ignore me the closer I get!

You are too close to my feelings.

You seem to have a lot of free time. Why don't you learn to knit like your parents and make something for charity while you watch tv? I'm sure a lot of immigrant mothers from tropical places need warm clothes for their children. Hats and gloves, for example. It's not about helping them with manufactured things or money, it's about making people feel they are being welcomed with little gestures.

People at work are spreading that I slept with the owner and our current gm. Why? What have I done to deserve that? I just try to keep to myself and earn my paycheck and leave. I am so tired. This is going to push me over the edge I truly cannot handle this. I am so miserable. I was trying sooo hard to keep a positive outlook, I really was.
I wouldn' worry. There are so many other things they could be saying that are far worse. This is pretty tame. As long as you continue to work hard you should be OK. They'll be talking about something else in a few weeks. It's probably just insecurity and tedium on their part. Of course, if you're being threatened in any way, you should let management know.

but also, even if you are just feeling harassed or like this is damaging to your state of mind, which is sounds to be the case, you should talk to the management. you definitely shouldn't have to put up with that.

You are too close to my feelings.

You seem to have a lot of free time. Why don't you learn to knit like your parents and make something for charity while you watch tv? I'm sure a lot of immigrant mothers from tropical places need warm clothes for their children. Hats and gloves, for example. It's not about helping them with manufactured things or money, it's about making people feel they are being welcomed with little gestures.
Short answer?

I am a MAN!

Ever met one?

A debate show on tv about muslims struggling to get jobs in Sweden. The christians from the middle east never had this problem.

Says it all really!

The reasons are obvious such as iq and attitude.

Trump is coming to Annapolis to give a commencement speech at the naval academy. Besides the usual dislike of trump it's just gonna be so annoying

A minutes silence for Avicii at Sergel's Square in Stockholm earlier today.

344e99d9-b36e-4785-9035-8b43e9d87db1.jpg

Normally they use this place after major events like a year ago after the terror attack or when the swedish national hockey team comes back home after winning the ice hockey world cup.

Using it for a electronic artist that is still unknown to the vast majority of people with any taste in music is just taking it too far.

What next?

"I can see it before me now
Benny in Barcelona for a whole two weeks
greasy chips and a greasy sausage
eaten from even greasier fingers

With every day slightly more pink
this is funny my wife
don't you think

if I blink do I still stink?

You could have had it all
yet you remain a travelling bore
Denmark one week