what made you frown today?

The state of our swedish roads after this winter. The official explanation is weather and natural circumstances but when the politicians don't realise more people in a country means more vehicles on the road then the roads suffer.

Swedes also persist in using winter tyres with studs despite few if any needing them. These studs are murder for the roads and I've not used those kind of tyres in many years meaning I don't have to shift tyres twice a year.

The ban on winter tyres with studs will probably extend to more places than just some Stockholm areas. People are buying SUV's like never before cause with bad roads you need a bigger car with bigger tyres.

We should all buy T-90's and this is me out driving earlier today:

1200px-2013_Moscow_Victory_Day_Parade_%2828%29.jpg

my bf said i should lose weight cause he cant have a fat girlfriend and now i just feel like shit

my bf said i should lose weight cause he cant have a fat girlfriend and now i just feel like shit
Find something you don't like about him, and then make a deal. He can't have it all his own way. It might be difficult for him if he's got a beaky nose though. Surgery will cost a lot more than your change of diet.

Find something you don't like about him, and then make a deal. He can't have it all his own way. It might be difficult for him if he's got a beaky nose though. Surgery will cost a lot more than your change of diet.

So, I am going to try and create a list of things to do purely for myself each day for the next month. Hopefully that will help me fight off this depression. If you have any ideas or interests you think I’d like, share them with me. Nothing is off limits. Even if I don’t seem like I’d like it go ahead and tell me. Maybe it will help me discover something new about myself.

Noooo broad city will end after its fifth season. They have a development deal and a couple of projects in the works but I’m sad

He nicked that from a quote in the icelandic film "Noi Albinoi" where a character had this idea that a woman will get more interested in a man if he says that of course meaning the man would get easier laid as the woman would try and make a point by having sex with that man to show he is indeed ok with the way she looks.

In relationships people will always press each others buttons and if he did not care at all about you he would not even have said that. In a relationship arguing is a big part and shows people care about each other.

It's when someone uses that to control the partner it turns into something else and if it continues for a long time he is trying to tell you he's not that into you.

It's that time of year when you discover a lot of gorgeous people when you're out and about and I did today but even though you want to eat out you eat at home.

LOL

He nicked that from a quote in the icelandic film "Noi Albinoi" where a character had this idea that a woman will get more interested in a man if he says that of course meaning the man would get easier laid as the woman would try and make a point by having sex with that man to show he is indeed ok with the way she looks.

In relationships people will always press each others buttons and if he did not care at all about you he would not even have said that. In a relationship arguing is a big part and shows people care about each other.

It's when someone uses that to control the partner it turns into something else and if it continues for a long time he is trying to tell you he's not that into you.

It's that time of year when you discover a lot of gorgeous people when you're out and about and I did today but even though you want to eat out you eat at home.

LOL

Move over Dear Abby, we now have Dear Urbie! That’s quite the set of advice you offer. So your main point is “eat at home?!”

So, I am going to try and create a list of things to do purely for myself each day for the next month. Hopefully that will help me fight off this depression. If you have any ideas or interests you think I’d like, share them with me. Nothing is off limits. Even if I don’t seem like I’d like it go ahead and tell me. Maybe it will help me discover something new about myself.

When I'm sad or confused I knit. I'm a bad knitter and I learned mostly by myself so my technique is awful, but having a different challenge helps me to focus. I think it's atavic. Knitting connects me with the past and everything seems to be all right again. When I'm in the mood I knit socks or a scarf. Then I don't knit for a couple of years.

When I'm sad or confused I knit. I'm a bad knitter and I learned mostly by myself so my technique is awful, but having a different challenge helps me to focus. I think it's atavic. Knitting connects me with the past and everything seems to be all right again. When I'm in the mood I knit socks or a scarf. Then I don't knit for a couple of years.

I’m a knitter, too. I learned when I was young in Girl Scouts and then didn’t do anything for years. I picked it up again about 5 years ago when I broke my foot and I wanted to do something productive while I sat around for a couple months. Now I carry a projects with me everywhere I go. I was a shawl knitter forever but now I do lots of socks, hats, mitts and have made a couple sweaters this year. I think it’s really meditative.

You have a new word for me that I don’t know. I even tried to look it up without luck. What does atavic mean?

It's difficult when you're madly in love with someone because everything you do or try to enjoy on your own is always in the context of the other person. From experience, the worse thing you can do is try to be interested in things just for the sake of it. You'll only get more depressed when these things fail to engage you. There ARE things you can do to kill time though, until something does. grab your interest, and there's nothing wrong in killing time.- it's what most of us do, and it's a useful tool. This is strictly subjective, but when I need to 'tread water' I do crosswords, play video games, watch quiz shows and something I've recently found - just go for a virtual walk on the internet. I walked to the Hoover dam the other day, and it was funny, but by the end of the walk I felt as though I knew the walker too, even though I had no idea who they were or what they looked like - I'd shared in their solitary experience. Of course, when something does come along that thrills you silly......go for it! With me, it's getting drunk and making an arse of myself once in a while.....yes, that's my level, I'm afraid. (Oh, and watching random history documentaries on the internet passes time, and is educational and puts things into perspective. Anyway, find out what works for you and don't expect too much of yourself....boredom is not a crime. Best of luck....and I hope things go alright with that bf of yours.

Guys (firstodie, countthree, try anything twice, urbana), I don’t feel like I’m drowning or that I’m in a bad spot. I think I’m in a great spot, and I feel very positive and ready and generally quite happy, again. I finally find that I have found myself enough to know that it’s okay to take the time to sweep up the pieces and gently put them back into place the way I want them. I don’t want to concentrate on being a warrior anymore… I want to be an adventurer, a gypsy, a mystic and a lover. Thanks so much for the kind words.
Also , I wanna play with making sparkly costume jewelry.

I’m a knitter, too. I learned when I was young in Girl Scouts and then didn’t do anything for years. I picked it up again about 5 years ago when I broke my foot and I wanted to do something productive while I sat around for a couple months. Now I carry a projects with me everywhere I go. I was a shawl knitter forever but now I do lots of socks, hats, mitts and have made a couple sweaters this year. I think it’s really meditative.

You have a new word for me that I don’t know. I even tried to look it up without luck. What does atavic mean?

That's great. Yes, it's totally a meditative activity. I never dared to knit a lace shawl but I'd love it. It seems very complicated and I'm afraid I will be out of knitting mood before finishing it. But I'm getting used to wear custom made knitted socks under my boots, so this winter I'll make one or two pairs.
Atavic seems to be a word more used in Spanish (atávico) and French (atavique) than in English, I ignore if the English definition is exactly the same. Usually it's used to make reference to things connected with past generations, like "atavic fear".

Guys (firstodie, countthree, try anything twice, urbana), I don’t feel like I’m drowning or that I’m in a bad spot. I think I’m in a great spot, and I feel very positive and ready and generally quite happy, again. I finally find that I have found myself enough to know that it’s okay to take the time to sweep up the pieces and gently put them back into place the way I want them. I don’t want to concentrate on being a warrior anymore… I want to be an adventurer, a gypsy, a mystic and a lover. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Well, those are very nice goals. Wish you the best.

Load it on! You can never have enough flair! Either that or “Express Yourself” to your boyfriend!

That's great. Yes, it's totally a meditative activity. I never dared to knit a lace shawl but I'd love it. It seems very complicated and I'm afraid I will be out of knitting mood before finishing it. But I'm getting used to wear custom made knitted socks under my boots, so this winter I'll make one or two pairs.
Atavic seems to be a word more used in Spanish (atávico) and French (atavique) than in English, I ignore if the English definition is exactly the same. Usually it's used to make reference to things connected with past generations, like "atavic fear".

Nothing like hand knit socks. I’m wearing some right now. Shawls are a commitment. And an addiction. So watch out! But really, you just knitting one stitch and row at a time so don’t worry about how complicated the whole project looks. Just begin and eventually you gain some confidence. And use stitch markers for the reps in the lace work. Makes it way easier!

Not familiar with atavique and I took years of French. C’est la vie. I’ve been introduced to it now! Thanks and goodnlyck with your knitting!

You'll always find solace here my friend.

Back
Top Bottom