what made you frown today?

Well we only generally get toy ones too. Last nights was only a 3.2 and was actually located in Washington but was able to be felt. However, Vancouver island ( where I live) is in the ring of fire, and as experts continually tell us we are 200 years overdue for a large megathrust earthquake which, according to one cheerful headline a while back, will cause the island to "rip open like a zipper". And with big earthquakes happening everywhere else I know our luck can't go on forever, so naturally whenever I feel a little rattle of the earth i nearly have a heart attack. These little earthquakes are apparently good though as they're supposed to release pressure. Oh my crockery is grand, thank you for asking!
Ah, so a bit of a shakedown from a little earthquake is a Good Thing. As with tectonic plates, so with life :) I am glad about the crockery, I had a mental picture of all your cups and whatnot quaking on their shelves like in one of those poltergeist movies.

Enjoy the natural orgasm you had Rifke, I am sure it was your first!

Great, my f***ing lights just went out and aren't working at all now. *BIG sigh*

Great, my f***ing lights just went out and aren't working at all now. *BIG sigh*
Could it be that you are unwittingly starring in your own disaster movie? I'm just thinking, earthquakes, lights flickering... are there any zombies living nearby? I do think you should check. What about the bloke downstairs, he sounds like a candidate.

Could it be that you are unwittingly starring in your own disaster movie? I'm just thinking, earthquakes, lights flickering... are there any zombies living nearby? I do think you should check. What about the bloke downstairs, he sounds like a candidate.
He looks like a zombie, I'll tell you that. He was playing his electric guitar last night at that time (I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?). I know because I went downstairs last night at 1am and pounded on his door to give him a good yelling at (and ending in vaguely apologizing in the case that it wasn't actually his fault), but nothing got resolved and I am currently still without light. I feel like I'm in a disaster movie. Why are none of you people at so low electricians??? :(

He looks like a zombie, I'll tell you that. He was playing his electric guitar last night at that time (I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?). I know because I went downstairs last night at 1am and pounded on his door to give him a good yelling at (and ending in vaguely apologizing in the case that it wasn't actually his fault), but nothing got resolved and I am currently still without light. I feel like I'm in a disaster movie. Why are none of you people at so low electricians??? :(
Well, I'm a bit rubbish at stuff like this myself, but is it just you without light? I'm guessing you've got some power so has one of the switches tripped on the fusebox? Sorry if that's asking the bleeding obvious but that's about my limit of electrical troubleshooting.

Well, I'm a bit rubbish at stuff like this myself, but is it just you without light? I'm guessing you've got some power so has one of the switches tripped on the fusebox? Sorry if that's asking the bleeding obvious but that's about my limit of electrical troubleshooting.
Its just the upstairs (could be the second level too, but no ones occupying that so I don't know), but SOME of the lights are working. Mr electric guitars lights were working just fine. We looked at the breaker last night to see if any switched had been flipped but couldn't find anything, but of course, neither of us are electricians either. I emailed the rental agency and they said they're "working" on getting someone out to fix it. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix and not some huge deal. Ho humm. Anyways, thanks for listening to my boring woes and providing some whimsy! :thumb:

Its just the upstairs (could be the second level too, but no ones occupying that so I don't know), but SOME of the lights are working. Mr electric guitars lights were working just fine. We looked at the breaker last night to see if any switched had been flipped but couldn't find anything, but of course, neither of us are electricians either. I emailed the rental agency and they said they're "working" on getting someone out to fix it. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix and not some huge deal. Ho humm. Anyways, thanks for listening to my boring woes and providing some whimsy! :thumb:
No worries. Good luck with it. And in the meantime, candlelight is very soothing, I find :)

No worries. Good luck with it. And in the meantime, candlelight is very soothing, I find :)
Well my lamps are working thankfully! (Weird right?). But I can't stand dim light in doors. I know bright light is tacky and all, but dim light is no good for examining your eyelids and checking to see that your forehead lines haven't progressed and things like that!

Well my lamps are working thankfully! (Weird right?). But I can't stand dim light in doors. I know bright light is tacky and all, but dim light is no good for examining your eyelids and checking to see that your forehead lines haven't progressed and things like that!
Ah, no, I've had that before. It's because the lamps and the overhead lights are on a different circuit. I get a pathetic little rush of pride saying that because it's the only other useful thing I know about How Electricity Works. And in my world, the dimmer the light the better (but I suspect I have more lines than you).

Ah, no, I've had that before. It's because the lamps and the overhead lights are on a different circuit. I get a pathetic little rush of pride saying that because it's the only other useful thing I know about How Electricity Works. And in my world, the dimmer the light the better (but I suspect I have more lines than you).
We have light! Yay! There was a breaker upstairs I didn't know about and yes, a switch had been flipped. So I totally had to apologize to the man downstairs for blaming him when it probably had nothing to do with him at all. Eep. It was hardly my fault for suspecting him though, it was peterb's fault for convincing me he was dr. Frankenstein :( :p

We have light! Yay! There was a breaker upstairs I didn't know about and yes, a switch had been flipped. So I totally had to apologize to the man downstairs for blaming him when it probably had nothing to do with him at all. Eep. It was hardly my fault for suspecting him though, it was peterb's fault for convincing me he was dr. Frankenstein :( :p
That's right, blame me.
Anyway he is Dr Victor Von Frankenstein.
His guitar playing is part of the devilish ritual for re-animating the dead!

So Stassi from "Vanderpump Rules" questioned why the debate about racism always focuses on black people in one of her podcasts. She wondered why asians and even the native people weren't included in that as much.

For this she was the subject of hate from a lot of people and mostly black people who of course don't want a white young woman to steal their privilege cause make no mistake about it just like with the jews black people will never let go of that cause they can use it on anyone and they will.

I was shocked the show dared to discuss this on the latest episode but they made up for it by making a transgender person judge her for it and take up a lot of space on the show.

On that note the number of famous transgender people shocked me and many people out there are unaware of how many famous actors and other people in the entertainment industry who are in fact transgender.

My mother in law has the worst luck in pet adoptions/fosters. She has currently five dogs and the youngest is suddenly getting surgery today for a kidney stone. He had some rare crystals in his bladder and urethra and when they took him in to the vet and had a X-ray done they saw the stone. The vet has only seen two cases of these crystal the other of which was in her oldest dog who died. A frenchie she owned also recently died of medical issues. It’s good for the dog I guess who gets the surgery he needs but it’s been rough on her emotional state the last few years

Saying goodbye to the puppy today. Didn’t recover from the surgery for unknown reasons. Went blind and it’s liver is shutting down. Was really quick decline so I’m not really fully adjusted to it all yet. We’ve had a terrible run of bad luck with adoption

Saying goodbye to the puppy today. Didn’t recover from the surgery for unknown reasons. Went blind and it’s liver is shutting down. Was really quick decline so I’m not really fully adjusted to it all yet. We’ve had a terrible run of bad luck with adoption

That's sad to read. I'm really sorry. My condolences.

Back
Top Bottom