what made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rifke, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My little man has his first ear infection. Trip to the pediatrician and hopefully we're all good now

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today a man put his hand on my knee for a whole minute, in front of his new girlfriend, who got instantly jealous.:straightface: And I had only just met them.
    And all this happened because we were talking about dogs, and he lost a member of his family 3 months ago. Er, emotional much?
    Thank God, I had a good reason to leave.
    "Dreble". In my wildest dreams, never thought it'd be my middle name. Now that song makes sense.
    Some people are really lost, blind and confused, aren't they?

Blimey. I thought that sort of things only happened to rich people, in foreign countries! :eek: :(

3. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

something happened to my fucking leg. about ten days ago i had a fall. it was really quite lame and funny. it happened when i sprang up out of bed when my alarm clock rang (admirable trait, no? springing up out of bed when your alarm clock rings; i dont think ive ever once hit the snooze button *smug*). anyway my leg was asleep and i didnt know it. i also didnt know that an asleep leg would give out on you when you were also half asleep. so it did, and i collapsed, and it didnt really hurt, it had, in fact, the advantage of waking me up. i only got a small bruise, and a bit of soreness but was otherwise fine. a pretty wimpy fall; it's not like i fell down the stairs. but since then it's been steadily getting worse, to the point where today i felt like i was going to faint i was in so much pain. what could possibly cause such a thing? it doesnt hurt when i touch it, and there's no swelling. im putting off going to a doctor for as long as possible, in the hopes that it's just muscle strain, and since i hate doctors (whenever i go they have the tendency to sit there and google my symptoms and it's like "buddy i could do that at home"). god, i hope it gets better, and that my walking around on it is not making it worse. what a stupid fucking thing to happen, makes me so mad. huge frown. :( and angry face :mad:

• Troll Troll x 1
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn my Capri sun straw went straight through the package

7. rifke

lol, are you 5?

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope

9. rifke

well in any case i hope it didnt spill all over you and if it did someone cleaned you up. man, juice boxes.. how do they work

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well a Capri sun is t a juice box it's a pouch which is at the problem occurs so much. It's a thing here At least in a lot of comedy bits because so many have childhood memories of it happening. It really did happen but the Commen experience is what's supposed to make it funny relatable. I do find it funny that I'm getting nasty responses about being five from an old lady posting pics of adorable bunnies in tea cups and with pAncakes on there head talking about talk show lie detector tests. Why even talk to me At all as none of our previous conversations have been very pleasant. Can't resist me huh

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have made a few jokes at work in an effort to earn my peers' appreciation, but so far none of those adults have laughed. They just stare at me.
    I miss my old colleagues and our silliness and feel a bit lonely here. :(
    Of all the places I've tried, this is the one where I feel most that nobody ever knows what I'm on about.

It's a strange feeling. I probably won't last much. To survive, I need to amuse. And be amused. (that hasn't happened either... :()

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Off the top of my head, hurting yourself all the time could mean
    -that you're not in touch with yourself
    -that you don't feel you're being looked after
    -that you have a poor eyesight in your right eye, (and it's not going to improve :drama:).

So...Someone should take that kid to an ophtalmologist's pronto. Just an opinion that nobody will read or care about anyway... Therefore I foresee many visits to the hospital...doh:

Parents?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am now dreading a a fund raiser I'm attending tomorrow at the Hyatt. It'll be fun to dress up a bit but I'll have to meet some people I'm kinda tired of. Also dreading the first family photo shoot that'll be happening on Sunday

14. rifke

lol, im younger than you... probably a lot younger...

oh my darling, it's not you, its your genes. :lbf:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    • Troll Troll x 1
  15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My bad thought you were older based on previous comments. I'm thirty six this year so I am getting older. Maybe the Capri sun will keep me young if I can manage not to get it all over myself. One of these days. Anyway it's been tedious as usual so laterz

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it's my genes. They make up most of who i am. What else would it be

17. rifke

im happy to see you're finally getting it. obviously no one would be so coldly calculatingly as to separate the genes from the person.

• Troll Troll x 1
  18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe they're just desperately delusional. Or just really hopeful. Science usually wins in the end

19. countthree

countthree Obvious person

The huge corruption that exists in my country -Argentina- that can be perceived even in the (apparently) little things like a bar next to my house playing music from 2 am to 7 am against all the rules and laws, paying bribes to the police and the local authorities who must control it. I moved from the suburbs to the centre of this city by security reasons, but apparently there's no place to hide from corruption. I love my country, but it's very hard to live in Argentina if you are a honest person.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sucks. Any government that can't guarantee you a good night's sleep sucks.:mad: If sleep isn't listed as a Right of Man, it's only because the guy with the quill was napping.

Here I get to sleep until 4.30 A.M, after that cars and trucks wake the birdies up. The birds sometimes fall back asleep. I usually don't.
    You'd think you're in the city that never sleeps. And there's the light pollution as well; you'd think you're sleeping rough in the middle of Times Square.
    For a fishing village and orchards to become a town with buildings full of flats that are never lived in, not a space that's not covered in concrete, ugly and mostly empty commercial areas that extend infinitely around it, green areas the size of a handkerchief, and this level of nuisances, no doubt a lot of corruption went on undisturbed for decades, and many bastards got their palm greased.

Thankfully, I don't get massive corruption vibes from the new mayor, but I have little hope the quality of life for me is going to improve, as for now I can't afford a suite at the local palaces. (...not all-year-round, at least :D)

Maybe all the people who can't sleep properly should unite and take over, armed with duvets and pillows?