what made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rifke, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Pablo Honey

Pablo Honey Guest

4. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your environment is agreeable - I think lots of people in your situation would be thinking, 'Fuck! What have I done? Where's my home gone?' So the fact that you feel at peace seems like an auspicious sign for your new life.
    Can't help you on the stalking, I'm afraid, I don't think I've ever stalked anybody. But Draggy has, you should ask him about it. He's turned up at Morrissey's house (AND met his fearsome mother), and Johnny Marr's, and (I think) Mike Joyce's. Draggy, any tips?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Existed" is the right word for it cause then we exposed all the lies. Even you seem to realise that without even knowing it. The subconscious can never be underestimated.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With her luck she'll end up seeing Urbanus instead of bun bun. Her hormones will take over and with Urbanus things will happen that bun bun is uncapable of. That will deeply change Rifke and create a need for nocturnal adventures meaning she'll go after men all over London as if they were prey she can feast on.

7. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

dumb

• Insightful Insightful x 2
  8. rifke

what?!?! how did I not know that??!?! dragggggggggggggggy SPILL!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Try Anything Twice

Try Anything Twice Consultant to the World

Thank, Tibby. Hope you’re having a great day, too! I’m an Allegra-D girl, myself. No matter what it is, it seems to help. All the wild temperature changes aren’t helping. We have a frost advisory tonight.

10. Try Anything Twice

It’s a pity (or isn’t it?) that you can’t hook up with LH. She seemed to do a lot of walking and could maybe turn you on to some good ones.

11. Try Anything Twice

Hope your new treatments have you feeling better quickly, Pep!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Try Anything Twice

I have about 40# of green tomatoes ripening on my sunporch right now. Have about another 30-40# still on the vine. Frost advisory tonight so I’m off to go frantically pick the rest while there’s still light. Frost feels early this year.

13. rifke

it's pretty easy to find good walking routes here. theres so much coast to walk along. I had no idea Vancouver was so nice, it's one breathtaking scene after the next. ill admit, im kinda worried about running into light housework on one of my walks lol (it is too bad that it is so awkward, yes)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Pablo Honey

Pablo Honey Guest

I dare you to go up East Hastings. Tons of literary inspiration right there. Robert Pickton used to pick up ladies in that neighbourhood in his rusty old ford pickup and drag them out to his pig farm. Do it on a cold, rainy evening for added drama. And bring a gun.
    On a lighter note. Did you buy better walking shoes? You will need some water proof boots pretty soon. It rains there like 350 days out of the year.

15. rifke

I have snow boots! it might look silly wearing them in the rain though. well I just have the same cheap walking shoes that I bought a few days ago, but so far they've been really good. my feet never get sore.
    I think ill pass on east hastings, although I am a bit curious.

16. rifke

what i really need is a coat more than shoes. I've got the leather one my dad gave me which is really nice, but too heavy and warm to walk about in (plus I don't know if I can wear it in the rain--and I DEFO cant wear it to see mozzer). and then I've got the one I usually wear which is so gross and worn out now I look like a homeless person in it. im surprised the security doesn't follow me around when I go into stores. and then of course, ive got a ton more coats but they...um... don't really fit--at the moment, that is. so I need a decent coat to walk around in. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, because I've got a bunch of nice coats that hopefully will fit me soon. I don't know if I should bother buying one or if I should just continue to wear the one ive got and look like a hobo. I tell myself it's character building looking like a hobo. but, I mean, I've got enough character, I don't really need anymore.

17. Pablo Honey

Pablo Honey Guest

That would be actually a bold move if you wore a leather jacket to Mozzy's concert. Some burning activist would throw a can of paint at you. I'd like to witness that. Haha.
    You should shop at second hand stores in wealthy neighbourhoods like North or West Van. You could probably get a designer jacket for less than a brand new shit jacket from Walmart.

18. rifke

im not buying a jacket from Walmart! I buy shoes from Walmart, that's it! I thought I might look at the bay. again, I like places where the shop clerks leave you alone which makes the bay my go-to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Peppermint

Thanks, TAT, muchly appreciated :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Peppermint

Best chutney I ever made was with a load of green tomatoes one year when we had a terrible summer and they just never ripened. For every cloud...

• Like Like x 2