what made you frown today?

I don’t know about Canadian laws. I do know that a coworker of mine once was unable to obtain a passport for a trip we were taking until he paid his back child support payments. So in the US, there are situations where they will not let you leave the country until debt is satisfied.
gosh, that's alarming. never thought anything like that could happen. of course, I don't think that would apply to credit card debt. im not the first person to have credit card debt, so that would mean a lot of people who couldn't leave Canada. also a lady a work said that because the courts are so booked up that even if they do decide to sue it will probably be a year before they get a court date. so I think it will be okay.

I was thinking about your pain and that it made you throw up. Do you still have your gall bladder? It sounds somewhat like a gall bladder attack. Did you eat higher fat meals the nights before you had the pain? And is the pain localized to the right side more than the left? Might be something to investigate.
yes, I still have my gall bladder. i don't even know what that is, but im sure I still have it! I have been eating a lot more than usual lately, so I think that's probably what it is. it's just weird how it occurs in the night or early morning and wakes me up but during the day im fine. it's on both sides, in my stomach and chest. although in my chest it's more on the right side (which is good, because I might have thought I was having a heart attack if it was on the left side).

yes, I still have my gall bladder. i don't even know what that is, but im sure I still have it! I have been eating a lot more than usual lately, so I think that's probably what it is. it's just weird how it occurs in the night or early morning and wakes me up but during the day im fine. it's on both sides, in my stomach and chest. although in my chest it's more on the right side (which is good, because I might have thought I was having a heart attack if it was on the left side).
TAT is right to think about gallbladder/gallstones: https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Gall_bladder_disease_and_gall_stones It does sound like what you're describing. I've also read that the pain can be felt in the right side of the chest as well. I would get checked out, Rifke - any kind of serious pain, especially if it's recurring, should be investigated. You don't want to be taking gallstones with you to London, that really won't be fun.

TAT is right to think about gallbladder/gallstones: https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Gall_bladder_disease_and_gall_stones It does sound like what you're describing. I've also read that the pain can be felt in the right side of the chest as well. I would get checked out, Rifke - any kind of serious pain, especially if it's recurring, should be investigated. You don't want to be taking gallstones with you to London, that really won't be fun.
oh shit, I hope that's not what it is. I don't want to have to get surgery! ugh. pep, ugh! can gall stones go away on their own?

I think though it might have something to do with my acid reflux and is maybe just bloating, because after I ate a salad today I immediately felt nauseous and shivery. and I've felt so full lately even when I haven't eaten much. I think it's a stomach/digestion issue. that'd be great if I couldn't eat without being sick. that'd be ideal really.

oh shit, I hope that's not what it is. I don't want to have to get surgery! ugh. pep, ugh! can gall stones go away on their own?
I think you can get rid of small ones if you take Bile Acid Factors https://www.amazon.ca/Jarrow-Formul...+acid+factors&qid=1555750338&s=gateway&sr=8-1
But larger ones might need surgery. My mother had this, it's keyhole surgery so not major knifery.
But no, large ones won't go away on their own. The point is, you really need to know because it will only get worse if you do nothing.

I think though it might have something to do with my acid reflux and is maybe just bloating, because after I ate a salad today I immediately felt nauseous and shivery. and I've felt so full lately even when I haven't eaten much. I think it's a stomach/digestion issue. that'd be great if I couldn't eat without being sick. that'd be ideal really.
It could still be gallbladder. It makes it hard to eat because you can't produce enough bile to digest (because stones are blocking the bile duct). The nausea, shivers, pain and the fact that the pain didn't go away after you threw up are all typical symptoms. But I'm just a middle-aged woman with a laptop and an unhealthy interest in health. You need to be seen by a proper doctor. Please go and get checked out, you need to know what it is. Severe pain that wakes you up in the night and makes you sick is not normal.

f***. f*** f*** f*** f*** f***. I hope that's not what it is.
I recently had a sore abdomen and felt sick after eating a bowl of celery. It was too much fiber. It passed in 4 or 5 hours, after shitting 3 or 4 times.

I used to have experiences like you described, Rifke. It was usually because I'd eaten very rich foods, followed by cleansing food, like fruit or vegetables. At other times it was from eating alot of rich food like nuts.

Last edited:
gosh, that's alarming. never thought anything like that could happen. of course, I don't think that would apply to credit card debt. im not the first person to have credit card debt, so that would mean a lot of people who couldn't leave Canada. also a lady a work said that because the courts are so booked up that even if they do decide to sue it will probably be a year before they get a court date. so I think it will be okay.
I’m sure you’ll be fine.

The gall bladder works along with the pancreas to process fats in our foods. It is not uncommon for people to get gall stones or get a blockage in the duct leading to the pancreas. An attack can be very painful and people do throw up from it. And/or they may have bad diarrhea after eating fatty meals. It’s pain and symptoms are intermittent.

High risk people for gall bladder issues are the 4 F’s: Female, Fair, Forty & Fat. (I didn’t make it up. Shall we say fuller-figured? But then that would be 5 F’s. Don’t kill the messenger, please. Trying to help. :) ) I know you are Female and heading towards Forty. The other two you’ll have to evaluate.

The area in question is on your right just below your ribcage but pain can radiate. Testing to confirm issue is done with a HIDA Scan (an ultra sound.) Treatment is usually surgery for gall bladder removal which is done lapriscopscly it’s a real simple surgery to heal from.

If it is what’s going on for you, it is unlikely to get better on its own. You can lessen symptoms with a diet restricting fat intake. (But what fun is that?!) I mention this all as I assume you have decent insurance right now and if you need to have surgery it would be better now than when you don’t. Might want to get it checked out if it keeps occurring. I had mine out several years ago and of all the procedures I’ve had, it was by far the easiest.

Hope your feeling better and that it’s none of this!

Thanks for the back up, Pep. I think it’s just what she’s talking about but then I’m not a doctor. I just play one online. :) So what do I know?! I have seen it in numerous family members as well as patients, not to mention having gone through it myself.

The gall bladder works along with the pancreas to process fats in our foods. It is not uncommon for people to get gall stones or get a blockage in the duct leading to the pancreas. An attack can be very painful and people do throw up from it. And/or they may have bad diarrhea after eating fatty meals. It’s pain and symptoms are intermittent.

High risk people for gall bladder issues are the 4 F’s: Female, Fair, Forty & Fat. (I didn’t make it up. Shall we say fuller-figured? But then that would be 5 F’s. Don’t kill the messenger, please. Trying to help. :) ) I know you are Female and heading towards Forty. The other two you’ll have to evaluate.

The area in question is on your right just below your ribcage but pain can radiate. Testing to confirm issue is done with a HIDA Scan (an ultra sound.) Treatment is usually surgery for gall bladder removal which is done lapriscopscly it’s a real simple surgery to heal from.

If it is what’s going on for you, it is unlikely to get better on its own. You can lessen symptoms with a diet restricting fat intake. (But what fun is that?!) I mention this all as I assume you have decent insurance right now and if you need to have surgery it would be better now than when you don’t. Might want to get it checked out if it keeps occurring. I had mine out several years ago and of all the procedures I’ve had, it was by far the easiest.

Hope your feeling better and that it’s none of this!
i don't have insurance, I don't need insurance. I haven't even paid my medical bill in years. this is Canada. I need surgery, I get surgery. of course, sometimes you're put on a waiting list and that's what I don't want. I didn't have any pain last night though, and I realized that the pain occurred three times, each time after eating too much before bed, and because I seem to have digestion issues, I think that's likely what it was. the first two times it happened it wasn't severe, and only lasted for about 15 mins. only the third time was severe and lasted an hour or two. I appreciate the info from you and pep, and if this continues ill look into it. in the meantime im going to assume it's nothing.

Not the kind of stomach pain that causes you to vomit. Stomach pain that makes you want to get into your comfy pants, sure.
well I made myself throw up. I mean, I didn't make myself, I didn't put my hand down my throat. but because my acid issues are so bad, I can pretty much lean over and throw up on command (which I did because my stomach felt too full). I've only thrown up naturally about 4 times in my life.

I recently had a sore abdomen and felt sick after eating a bowl of celery. It was too much fiber. It passed in 4 or 5 hours, after shitting 3 or 4 times.

I used to have experiences like you described, Rifke. It was usually because I'd eaten very rich foods, followed by cleansing food, like fruit or vegetables. At other times it was from eating alot of rich food like nuts.
I think it's from what ive done to my stomach, fasting one day and then binging the next. I had been doing a lot of that lately as well as eating buttery foods like croissants, which tend to give me a sore stomach.

I think it's from what ive done to my stomach, fasting one day and then binging the next. I had been doing a lot of that lately as well as eating buttery foods like croissants, which tend to give me a sore stomach.
Hate to tell you, but that information fits gallbladder as well. Eating fatty food will cause you the most problems because you can't produce the bile needed to digest it, because the bile/pancreatic duct is blocked by stones. Also, crash dieting (and I would include fasting in that as an extreme version) is a noted risk factor - presumably because you're not eating regularly, therefore you're not flushing the pipes with bile (which allows the stones to form). Pleeeeease go and get checked out, if it's gallstones it's fixable, but you really don't want this problem when you're travelling. Okay, that's me done. I promise not to say any more now.

Back
Top Bottom