What kind of production/style of music would you prefer for the new album?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maurice E Maher, Jul 10, 2017.

?

What kind of production/style of music would you prefer for the new album?

1. World Peace (Joe Chiccarelli) style – brass, flamenco guitars, accordion, woodwind, etc.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. 1995-2009 plodding chug rock (not all songs from this era were chug rock but many were)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Early 90s glam rock/rockabilly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Stephen Street multi-instrument pop (strings, keyboards, acoustic and jangly guitars)

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Other (explain with comment)

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Maurice E Maher

Maurice E Maher Member

Presumably, a producer is about to get his hands on the new songs (if he hasn't already done so). So who (or what kind of production) would you like this to be?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Quando quando quando

Quando quando quando Well-Known Member

I would like to hear a further development from WPINOYB.
    The classical Spanish guitar bits were great and I liked the use of the didgeridoo and the overall worldsound on it. Istanbul was great too. I hope there will be at least on or more funny, sarcastic songs on it like Arthounds. Or just a silly Moz song, like King Leer, or Dagenham Dave cause he became very, very serious after YATQ.

Many people disliked the long intro of I Am Not A Man, but I thought it fitting and I hope and expect some more adventurous use of just sounds, not directly from instruments but used as such.
    Not too many of course.
    I hope it won't be an experimental jazz album with 15 minutes of improvisation on it. :eek:
    That type of music makes me nervous. :sick:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  3. Calamine Lotion

Calamine Lotion Well-Known Member

Dad-rock with ersatz world music flourishes, please.

4. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Active Member

I wasn't keen on the production on the last album. Too much cleansing, too little sense of a unified band. Not expecting anything very different this time, given that they are using the same producer. But the quality of the songs matters a million times more (roughly) than the quality of the production.

• Like Like x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  5. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably some growth from the last album. It sounded fantastic and I thought the band sounded more tight than they have in a while. They're were a lot of neat moments on world peace and I liked the varied sounds and styles. The heavy bass sound and groove on Istanbul to the hollow cave like acoustic string scratching of my joy. The fractured electric guitar of earth is and trumpet on kiss me a lot which I also thought a lot of neat bits. I also liked the songs with different structures like Cassidy and I'm not a man etc. that said the choices on this poll are a little weird. Maladjusted didn't have that many chug rock songs. The title song ambitious outsiders trouble loves me alma matters. Neither did quarry for that matter. Refusal and maybe ringleader, I don't really listen or remember what's on that one but maladjusted arent really defined that way. Also to say multi instrumentalist Stephen street is pushing it especially as in his example you repeat on instrument twice and In he world peace example you've got many more instruments listed

• Like Like x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  7. !Viva Hate!

!Viva Hate! the face that runs the place

I hope Morrissey fully realizes his transition from faux Mexican person to faux Colored person and puts out an album full of world beat grooves...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's got to have an Italian sound/influence may be some police sirens so we can all laugh out loud.
    Producer ? Zucchero Fornaciari.

#we:heartssuit:Rome

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

• Redundant Redundant x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 gordyboy

i think from the comments theres going to be an operatic theme on some of the new album,for me the only chug rock album is refusal and its only about six songs that are heavy.the comments ,contemporary art and quasi operatic sound very interesting,they are trying to make each album have a different theme.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gregor Samsa

Gregor Samsa A soul full of loathing

Picked Street. I'd love a mixture of the Street sound and Vauxhall. Warm, melodic, subtle, melancholic. Tasteful.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Maurice E Maher

Maurice E Maher Member

I don't think it's been announced officially but it seems pretty certain that Joe Chiccarelli has produced it.
    Good news, I'd say, although you can't read too much into the choice of producer.
    Remember that Steve Lillywhite produced what is generally considered to be Morrissey's best album (Vauxhall) but this was followed swiftly by two of his worst (Southpaw, Maladjusted). Guess it's the quality of the songwriting that has the biggest impact.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 gordyboy

sounds interesting.everybody needs change in music.so many groups these days churn out the same stuff over and over.i used to be a big coldplay fan at the start but now they cant buy a decent melody.