What is your least favourite Morrissey single?

Maverick

Maverick
Again, a continuation of tonights theme, what is your least favourite Morrissey single?

I haven't made this a poll as there are more singles than Poll options and rather than compile a shortlist of what i think would be the most likely choices, i think it's fairer to leave it completely open - there is no doubt that someone, somewhere hates Everyday Is Like Sunday!

My own personal choice would be Interlude.

I wouldn't count the Nancy Sinatra version as a Morrissey single, in the same way i wouldn't count Picadilly Palare as a Suggs single.

Roy's keen would also be on my top 5 list, as would Satan Rejected My Soul. I'd put Hold On To Your Friends on there as well - a great album track, but a poor choice for a single, especially stacked up to what else Vauxhall had to offer.

Here we go. Another thread to trash talk Roy's Keen...:rolleyes:

Here we go. Another thread to trash talk Roy's Keen...:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, if the general consensus is that RK is a poor single, then it's fair game. It was a very poor single, and even on the below par Maladjusted album, there were better choices for singles (the title track & Trouble Loves Me for instance).

Again, a continuation of tonights theme, what is your least favourite Morrissey single?

I haven't made this a poll as there are more singles than Poll options and rather than compile a shortlist of what i think would be the most likely choices, i think it's fairer to leave it completely open - there is no doubt that someone, somewhere hates Everyday Is Like Sunday!

My own personal choice would be Interlude.

here's the list, with somewhat tedious predictability!
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83646&page=3

Best Morrissey-single:
1) Everyday Is Like Sunday 9,57
2) Suedehead 9,55
3) Now My Heart Is Full (US Only) 9,55
4) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys 9,46
5) November Spawned A Monster 9,08
6) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get 8,99
7) Irish Blood, English Heart 8,97
8) First Of The Gang To Die 8,96
9) Tomorrow (US only) 8,87
10) Piccadilly Palare 8,83
11) Let Me Kiss You 8,54
12) I Have Forgiven Jesus 8,47
13) Hold On To Your Friends 8,42
14) Sunny 8,41
15) My Love Life 8,39
16) Interesting Drug 8,34
17) We Hate It When Our Friends Become Succesful 8,22
18) Boxers 8,20
19) You Have Killed Me 8,14
20) Sing Your Life 8,01
21) The Boy Racer 7,97
22) Alma Matters 7,95
23) Satan Rejected My Soul 7,86
24) Certain People I Know 7,85
25) Ouija Board, Ouija Board 7,75
26) Our Frank 7,74
27) In The Future When All’s Well 7,66
28) You’re The One For Me Fatty 7,38
29) That’s How People Grow Up 7,37
30) Pregnant For The Last Time 7,35
31) The Youngest Was The Most Loved 7,30
32) Interlude 7,26
33) I Just Want To See The Boy Happy 7,17
34) Redondo Beach 6,93
35) Roy’s Keen 6,85
36) Dagenham Dave 6,81

At the end of the day, if the general consensus is that RK is a poor single, then it's fair game. It was a very poor single, and even on the below par Maladjusted album, there were better choices for singles (the title track & Trouble Loves Me for instance).

How Rude.

stephanie.jpg

I dont care if it was a cover or not but Redondo Beach flat out sucked...The cover art was brill though..

In my opinion there are only 2 weak singles:

1. We Hate it When Our Friends Become Succesful
2. Quija Board, Quija Board

I just think they are very weak tunes, no real spark to them...

Roy & Satan never charted but they were really good pop songs.

In my opinion there are only 2 weak singles:

1. We Hate it When Our Friends Become Succesful
2. Quija Board, Quija Board

I just think they are very weak tunes, no real spark to them...

Roy & Satan never charted but they were really good pop songs.

Satan did chart - it reached number 39.

I dont care if it was a cover or not but Redondo Beach flat out sucked...The cover art was brill though..

I agree! Absolutely spot on!

Satan did chart - it reached number 39.

Yes, but #39 is a bit low for a Morrissey single, don't you think? The single did sell but not a lot - therefore there are lots of people paying £20+ on eBay because they didn't realise the value of it at the time. It's a GREAT single!

Yes, but #39 is a bit low for a Morrissey single, don't you think? The single did sell but not a lot - therefore there are lots of people paying £20+ on eBay because they didn't realise the value of it at the time. It's a GREAT single!

I agree it is low for a Mozzer single, but it's those people's fault if they are now paying huge amounts for it on e-bay; i bought it the day it was released, as should have any self-respecting Morrissey fan. The value of it at the time? The same as any other Mozzer single released at any time- priceless.

Shame on them for not buying it then. GET OFF THE BANDWAGON is what i say to them now.

Back
Top Bottom