What is your least favorite Morrissey/Smiths song?

K

KenzieW

Mine is "Golden Lights." Something about that song bugs me. I like it because of Morrissey's voice, but the music is kind of annoying. Every other song by the Smiths I love and so far every Morrissey song I have heard I love too. I was wondering if any of you have a Smiths/Morrissey song that you don't like that much...

Sweetie-Pie and Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice...dire in equal measure.

I like "Sweetie Pie" too, which is weird because I think it sounds similar to "Golden Lights."

London,
gah I hate it, It always gets skipped, the whole screechy thing just grates on my nerves.

I wish he`d scap the screechy clarinet into perfect "whatever happens, I love you" - just a different instrúment please ... at the moment its a bit like stepping on a cats tail and the resulting meow - Boz does it beautifully its just not my cup of frequency

Dagenham Dave and HAG Merchant,

Repetitive chorusses can be boring unless they are Yes, Yes . Yes , oooh yes sung so sexily by him in "Whatever happens I love you"

I actually like Sweetie-Pie and Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice.

I quite often wake up singing the chorus to 'Dagenham Dave' - go figure.

Can't stand 'Angel, Angel, Down we go Together'

All The Lazy Dykes is pretty crap too.

Funny, your hates are my faves. Not overly keen on sweetie pie though, only the one without kristeen

Well compare the above to EDILS or Shoplifters on any of that calibre and there's no contest.Our ears must hear different things.

the father who must be killed for Morrissey, Hand in Glove for The Smiths.

oh and HSIN,
I dont dislike it as such, im just so very sick of hearing it at every bloomin gig, tis such a waste of time to me, you could get 2 songs in that space. :rolleyes:

I'm not keen on 'Sweetie' Pie' either.

But I don't know why so many fans dislike 'Get off the stage', as I've always found it really funny.

Golden Lights. But I've heard that one through several times, which I don't think can be said for Sweetie Pie.

However, I think the more minimalistic version of SP that Mr. Farrell played on some radio-show a while back was great.

Back
Top Bottom