Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Morning Starship

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Wedding Bell Blues

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Morning Starship:
- Morrissey saved a fantastic song from oblivion, or at least gave it a new life and new audience
- All the drama behind the bio of Jobriath
- A nice nod to the LGTB community
- And finally, it blends quite nicely with Morrissey's own music (which can be said of BOTCG too).

Went ahead and selected Wedding Bell Blues.
All the covers are good, but keep playin' the Wedding Bells the most.
Really thinkin' that Moz has done the most Wild T version of this song.

It’s a tough choice. Chain gang sounds very similar and suited to his solo sound but he sounds like he’s having the most fun on wedding bells. The song might be a bit trite and or light but the hook in morning starship is really catchy and I was singing it from the word to. Weirdly I always wanna finish the hook with a smiths lyrics. Like I’ll sing my morning starship and go right into but you lose cause weird lover Wilde is on mine

So, I actually quite like them all but Back on the Chain Gang and It’s Over are winning. That said, after initially thinking Wedding Bell Blues was weird as f***, I now keep listening to it because it’s growing on me massively.

I’m partial to Mr Orbison.

for me ITS OVER,voice is fantastic on it,theyr all great covers and for me im very grateful that we are still getting so much new stuff when most artists his age careers are winding down.vivamozz.

1. Chain Gang/Wedding Bell Blues

couldn’t decide, they’re both so good for different reasons.

2. Morning Starship
3. It's Over

wish It’s Over just had different musical arrangements, over produced maybe. A simple 3 piece backing his voice would have been stronger.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying all of them, so it was tough to pick, but I went for Morning Starship - as much as I love the original, Morrissey's beautiful diction (oh do behave) makes it into more of a story song based around the clear lyrics.

Chain Gang & It's Over... They are fantastic.

I would gladly live in a parallel universe where WBB does not exist.

Starship is also very good and it could have been my favourite one, it's just that Chain Gang & It's Over are even better.

All songs between 20-30 % of the votes, that's pretty good.
Looks like CS will be a pretty even record.

Nice poll...I like all 4 for different reasons and for whatever mood I'm in, which says a lot about Cal Son, it should be a very influential record indeed...and with "I Thought You Were Dead" and upcoming tour, it's a great time to be a Morrissey fan again...

Nice poll...I like all 4 for different reasons and for whatever mood I'm in, which says a lot about Cal Son, it should be a very influential record indeed...and with "I Thought You Were Dead" and upcoming tour, it's a great time to be a Morrissey fan again...
It is indeed!

for me ITS OVER,voice is fantastic on it,theyr all great covers and for me im very grateful that we are still getting so much new stuff when most artists his age careers are winding down.vivamozz.

"so much new stuff" lol - have you forgotten these are all just covers of other artists songs, usually artists start covering songs when they no writing talent and ability left.

Back
Top Bottom