What is your favorite Smiths single (a-side and b-sides)?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
The maximum number of options on a poll is too low, so you just have to post with your answer. Remember you are judging the single as a whole: a-side and b-sides.

Hand in Glove b/w Handsome Devil (live)

This Charming Man b/w Jeane, Accept Yourself, and Wonderful Woman

What Difference Does It Make? b/w Back to the Old House and These Things Take Time

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now b/w Suffer Little Children and Girl Afraid

William, It Was Really Nothing b/w Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and How Soon is Now?

How Soon is Now? b/w Well I Wonder and Oscillate Wildly

Shakespeare's Sister b/w What She Said and Stretch Out and Wait

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore b/w Meat is Murder (live), Nowhere Fast (live), Stretch Out and Wait (live), and Shakespeare's Sister (live)

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side b/w Asleep and Rubber Ring

Bigmouth Strikes Again b/w Money Changes Everything and Unloveable

Panic b/w Vicar in a Tutu and The Draize Train

Ask b/w Cemetry Gates and Golden Lights

Shoplfiters of the World Unite b/w Half a Person and London

Sheila Take a Bow b/w Is It Really So Strange? (Peel Session) and Sweet and Tender Hooligan (Peel Session)

Girlfriend in a Coma b/w Work is a Four Letter Word and I Keep Mine Hidden

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish b/w Pretty Girls Make Graves (Troy Tate demo), Some Girls are Bigger than Others (live), and What's the World? (live)

Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me b/w Rusholme Ruffians (Peel Session), Nowhere Fast (Peel Session), and William, It Was Really Nothing (Peel Session)

Ive always been quite staggered at the contents of the William It Was Really Nothing single, to have Please Please Please and How Soon Is Now as b-sides is unbelievable. The A-Side aint half bad either...

Life_Is_A_Pigsty said:
Ive always been quite staggered at the contents of the William It Was Really Nothing single, to have Please Please Please and How Soon Is Now as b-sides is unbelievable. The A-Side aint half bad either...

My choice too, well said. That one record was a lot better than most bands' full albums.

William, It Was Really Nothing b/w Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and How Soon is Now?

All are great songs.

Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain (John Peel session 31/5/83)
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Germany 12" [RT Deutschland RTD018T]

stillill3dc.gif

Runner Up:
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (single version)
Rubber Ring
Asleep
UK 12" [Rough Trade RTT191]

bwttihsvinyl5jz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom