What is your favorite live version of songs that appear on more than one live album?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
I hope the question makes sense. And I meant to say live album or live video but it was too long, so Manchester, Dallas, and Introducing are included.

Let's see, these are all I can think of, someone correct me if I'm wrong (my choices in bold):
Bigmouth Strikes Again - Rank and Live at Earls Court
November Spawned a Monster - Live in Dallas, Beethoven Was Deaf, and Who Put the M in Manchester?
Suedehead - Live in Dallas and Beethoven Was Deaf
Everyday is Like Sunday - Live in Dallas and Who Put the M in Manchester?
You're the One for Me, Fatty - Beethoven Was Deaf and Introducing Morrissey
The National Front Disco - Beethoven Was Deaf and Introducing Morrissey
Jack the Ripper - Beethoven Was Deaf, Introducing Morrissey, and Who Put the M in Manchester?
Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference - Beethoven Was Deaf and Who Put the M in Manchester?
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday - Beethoven Was Deaf and Who Put the M in Manchester?
We'll Let You Know - Beethoven Was Deaf and Introducing Morrissey
The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get - Introducing Morrissey and Live at Earls Court
First of the Gang to Die - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
Irish Blood, English Heart - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
Subway Train (only part of a medley, but who cares, I have a preference so I am counting it) - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
I Have Forgiven Jesus - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
The World is Full of Crashing Bores - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
Let Me Kiss You - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
Shoplifters of the World Unite - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court
There is a Light That Never Goes Out - Who Put the M in Manchester? and Live at Earls Court

Re: What is your favorite live version of songs that appear on more than one live alb

the first one

Bigmouth on Rank and Earls Court

too bad no other songs on Rank future on Morrissey's live albums, so
I hope he does a live greatest hits album soon of his last tour

with at least;
the Queen is dead
the boy with the torn is his side
stretch out and wait

Re: What is your favorite live version of songs that appear on more than one live alb

Bigmouth Strikes Again on Earl's Court SUCKS...

The song has no bite to it, whatsoever...it coughs along with twanging guitars...and sputters and dies at just about the three minute mark...

There is absolutely no passion in Morrissey's voice when he sings it solo...

Bigmouth could have been an awesome opener or closer, but Morrissey chose to half-ass the song, and therefore we get a lackluster performance, compared to the bombastic, blow-it-out-your-ears masterpiece that is on Rank...

The Queen is dead in "Thank your lucky stars", I know it's a bootleg but anyway.

Erm, "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer...." from the "Manana in Chile" boot.

i know its over from thank you you lucky stars from the irvine meadows/laguna hills the 28 th august 86
the first and only timewher i heard moz scream something like" jesus christ..." and his anger was still in his voice when he continues singing and at the end of the song the audience then takes over and sings the song..unbelievable !

you dont wanna meet him when he got angry...or be the one who encourage it...

from passions site
28 August 1986
Irvine Meadows, Laguna Hills, CA
(..................)
After "Meat Is Murder", as the violence was increasing, Morrissey said "I hope that the security don't ruin your night too much, but I'm sure that they'll do their best... never mind, they're outnumbered..." When he returned to the stage for the first encore after the band-only instrumental "Money Changes Everything", seeing how the security manhandled some fans, Morrissey exclaimed "Oh, God!" while Johnny added "Neanderthals, f***ing idiots, these guys!". Then one third into following song "I Know It's Over", Morrissey interrupted his singing to shout to a bouncer: "Jesus Christ! Don't be so stupid! Leave him alone, you stupid idiot! Leave him!" He then resumed the song as if nothing had happened. A completely stunning moment.

a very good recording of this concert which took place at the 28 th August), probably from the soundboard, is being circulated on the official bootleg "Thank Your Lucky Stars", ERRONEOUSLY CREDITED as being from the PREVIOUS gig in LOS ANGELES (the 26 August) It is one of the best bootlegs for the Smiths, for content and sound quality. The whole concert is featured except for "Meat Is Murder" and, if it was actually performed, the final song "Bigmouth Strikes Again".

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/smiths-gi8607us.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom