what is your favorite ending to a Morrissey (solo) song?

• Thread starter Belligerent Ghoul
  • Start date
B

Belligerent Ghoul

Please state the song.

Additionally, tell us why you love that particular ending.

Thanks.

Oooh, off the top of my head...

'Disappointed' is quite amusing:
"This is the last song I will ever sing" *cheers*
"Oh, I've changed my mind again" *boos*

> Please state the song.

> Additionally, tell us why you love that particular ending.

> Thanks.

>

The Operation

Listen from especially time 6:06 - to the end of that song.

The ending, to me sounds very guttural, very primal. I liken it to repressed anger or frustration through spontaneous and unrestrained screams, hysteria, or violence. There is something animalistic to that ending, and I love it.

Probably... "Speedway" because it's such a blisteringly emotive and evocative culmination to a such a great great song.

> Please state the song.

> Thanks.

>

Margaret On The Guilotine has to be my favourite ending, I especially like the clunk at the end I think that 'Driving Your Girlfriend Home' has the worst ending, that song has loads of potential, but then final line of "We're shaking hands goodnight so politlely" does not work for me at all. And before this spirals into a slag 'Kill Uncle' off thread, I think that album is fantastic. A great choice for late night 2am listening.

Billy Budd

> Please state the song.

> Thanks.

>

Billy Budd, because it has a chiselled ending that is so definite and - "Don't leave us in the dark" - cracking.

Sk.

I'm going to have to second "Disappointed"

although the extended version (the single version?) of "Tomorrow" gets an honorable mention.

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name

because the ending rings so true in my life:

"You were the only one who has come & gone."

Southpaw's ending

beautiful guitar work

elements of the ending are scattered suggestively throughout the rest of the album

Back
Top Bottom