What is with all the Homophobic comments about Morrissey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is research to support both our points and NO definitive proof of either!

I am sharing MY opinion, based on research and anecdote. Being anti-gay and racist can be understood in terms of survival. VERY basic stuff.

But how could some humans be genetically programed to dislike other humans based upon a few simple genes that make up so called race? Race is such a minor part of who we are. Sexual preference and culture isn't.

Also, one thing I'd like to know: Do other animal species shun members of their own species for being homosexual for survival purposes?

Why do you think it is, you have theories on why that kind of effeminate, whatever you want to call it, glam rock is somehow not embraced here?

"People are afraid of it because they see that there's a truth in it, there's a truth in it for all of us. We all have the feminine side to our personalities, and most people in American society want to deny it, and the locker-room jock is celebrated always, even though their attitude is absolutely thick and useless, but it's always celebrated, it's never criticized. The feminine side is associated with art, and it's threatening because it's associated with intellect, and superiority.
"
-Morrissey

:) Like I said, Morrissey's world is bigger than ours.

Bring back the tree talk, it's so much more interesting :D Plus i absolutely love and cherish trees, they are magnificent and majestic wonders of nature....love 'em:) Oh, and that is also how i feel about God's creation, Morrissey :)

LOL! Yes, I tried to hijack the thread because I sort of knew where it was going - again!

*whispers* I've been out tickling my tomato flowers to pollinate them. Yes, that's me - fondler of Solanum Lycopersicum blossoms - although sometimes I talk dirty and call them 'my filthy little nightshades' as I wind the string a little tighter around their hairy green stems.....

LOL! Yes, I tried to hijack the thread because I sort of knew where it was going - again!

*whispers* I've been out tickling my tomato flowers to pollinate them. Yes, that's me - fondler of Solanum Lycopersicum blossoms - although sometimes I talk dirty and call them 'my filthy little nightshades' as I wind the string a little tighter around their hairy green stems.....

Thats sexy...

...wait, what!??!?!

I love Morrissey's sentiments in this case and (roughly speaking) I agree, but statements like this...

The feminine side is associated with art, and it's threatening because it's associated with intellect, and superiority.

...make me laugh. He's better at songs and slogans.

But how could some humans be genetically programed to dislike other humans based upon a few simple genes that make up so called race? Race is such a minor part of who we are. Sexual preference and culture isn't.

Also, one thing I'd like to know: Do other animal species shun members of their own species for being homosexual for survival purposes?

Well, it's curious, but turn it on its head, rather than say being gay is odd, it's really odd that most people only fancy members of the opposite sex. A few simple genes ARE responsible for this and yes it is incredible. All animals have means of recognising the opposite sex.

Other species do NOT appear to have homosexuality, except possibly monkeys. There were a lot of claims of homosexuality amongst animals but the authors were discredited and never managed to produce any film or still pictures as evidence.

Besides, it really makes no odds whether there are 'gay' animals or not, to human communities.

Some animals try and 'mount' inanimate objects as well as humans, other males etc, that does not suggest they are homosexuals, just misprogrammed in some way.

Yes, race is more or less meaningless, culture is the main thing, but they are often linked. Human societies have been clearly shown to be incapable of living alongside other cultures in a peaceful manner. Human communities are anti-gay traditionally, to the extent of being prepared to murder gay people. Mad as that seems, that's the truth. In the past gay people have been embraced and even encouraged, but it never lasts!

Well, it's curious, but turn it on its head, rather than say being gay is odd, it's really odd that most people only fancy members of the opposite sex. A few simple genes ARE responsible for this and yes it is incredible. All animals have means of recognising the opposite sex.

Other species do NOT appear to have homosexuality, except possibly monkeys. There were a lot of claims of homosexuality amongst animals but the authors were discredited and never managed to produce any film or still pictures as evidence.

Besides, it really makes no odds whether there are 'gay' animals or not, to human communities.

Some animals try and 'mount' inanimate objects as well as humans, other males etc, that does not suggest they are homosexuals, just misprogrammed in some way.

Yes, race is more or less meaningless, culture is the main thing, but they are often linked. Human societies have been clearly shown to be incapable of living alongside other cultures in a peaceful manner. Human communities are anti-gay traditionally, to the extent of being prepared to murder gay people. Mad as that seems, that's the truth. In the past gay people have been embraced and even encouraged, but it never lasts!

I know this is wikipedia, but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

But What is the difference between being misprogrammed and just homosexual?

Also, are you insinuating, the western world's current embrace for gay rights will not last? Humans are always progressing, and I just don't believe it is impossible to have multi-cultural homosexual-supporting societies that can last. To say otherwise would be taking the easy way out of a difficult goal for humanity.

Thats sexy...

...wait, what!??!?!

I'd better not tell you about the way my fingers lingered on the edges of those downy young aubergine leaves then. It might be too much for you.

Did you know you've been opted in as a go-go dancer for the all-girl Smiths tribute band in Off-Topic, btw? :D

I'd better not tell you about the way my fingers lingered on the edges of those downy young aubergine leaves then. It might be too much for you.

Did you know you've been opted in as a go-go dancer for the all-girl Smiths tribute band in Off-Topic, btw? :D

Oh god, I can't handle it! I have to get my mind off of it.

I'm gonna be a go-go dancer? Sweet! Its too bad I can't dance.

I know this is wikipedia, but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

But What is the difference between being misprogrammed and just homosexual?

Also, are you insinuating, the western world's current embrace for gay rights will not last? Humans are always progressing, and I just don't believe it is impossible to have multi-cultural homosexual-supporting societies that can last. To say otherwise would be taking the easy way out of a difficult goal for humanity.

I am not bothered about the animal thing, a pal of mine that is a zoologist said that kind of 'science' was laughable. I don't care if ALL animals are gay, doesn't help me or our debate.

There is no evidence that society is progressing, we have been here before. We can only hope, but overall the world is as great or as bleak as it ever was depending on where you happen to be geographically, socially and financially.

people in the UK are wealthy and happy, OVERALL, that is an ideal time to focus attention on human rights and being kind to animals. If the economy becomes unstable things can change rapidly.

I meant that people may say a dog was gay if it tried to mount another male, but if it also mounts the sofa its probably more 'misprogrammed' than gay, unless its sofasexual. My point is that trying to attribute deep romantic relationships to animals is kind of daft.

Oh....

...give me a few weeks to work out my abs a bit so I can look a bit sharper.

Don't worry, tmyem!, Kuiper and warrie will help you. :D

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=63067&page=1105#22097

Ah, i see tree sex is now off the menu and we are on to go-go dancers.....:D....and the very idea of a Smiths all girl tribute band....so cool....

Ah, i see tree sex is now off the menu and we are on to go-go dancers.....:D....and the very idea of a Smiths all girl tribute band....so cool....

i don't think it should be go go dancers anymore but balloon dancers....but with flowers

:)

i don't think it should be go go dancers anymore but balloon dancers....but with flowers

:)

I SO AGREE....Big floucy dresses...flowers....glitter...sparkle.....Yes, yes, yes..:) big flowering lilies...obviously take out the staining middle bit :o but lillies for me...

I love Morrissey's sentiments in this case and (roughly speaking) I agree, but statements like this...

well it would, wouldn't it? worm.

oops edit this because i misread... i missed the "i agree" part and thought you were taking a jab at women... like those who think women deny that morrissey might be gay or bi because we are too weak and "dreamy" - silly and petty to deal with the fact that our fantasies will be ruined... like we are all at home making out with our pillows and fanning ourselves when we think of the possibility that we might never have him.

WHAT RUBBISH! And same for the fools who think we are all bi - thats just silly.

so you like milk and cookies... somebody just likes milk, another just likes cookies, and i am vegan and i dont take sugar... WTF folks? how do you know what everybody is? you are only you!
seriously!

and for the poor fool who thinks that it is a "goal" of society to progress to accepting homosexuality... you think, sir alec that it is a difficult goal for society???? If you were to wake up and pull your head out of the ... clouds... you would realize that outside of very small circles this is by no means a goal... but more often considered a collapse of society and values... devolution... (i made that word up) and a breakdown and disintegration of all that society values and has worked hard to build... "family values" "morality" "rightiousness"
that is how most of the world sees it methinks... and southpaw... well i tend to agree much more with his points because i think he is less identified with the issue... seems a lot of wishful thinking going on for dreamers... thinking acceptance is a goal for this society... it is not their goal. seems to me their only goal is self destruction anyways.

the funny thing to me... and this is just my opinion is that christianity creates confusion about sex in peoples minds by repressing and codemning it... in a way, if homosexuality is to be considered a flaw in people - not saying that it is but if what the church says is true... means if it is a perversion and sin, then they probably created that perversion or confusion by making people ashamed and confused anyways. so if it is unnatural... then the church is to blame for it.... and it seems to me that the church and their sheep are the ones who are all against gay marriage and whatnot.

Morrissey is Morrissey - no more or less evolved than any of us may be and he just happens to be whatever he is... the fourth? i dunno.... but we are all not anything.

Evidence tends to indicate that most of us are somewhat influenced by genetic programing... and most of us are attracted to the opposite sex... the homosexual stage of development as it says in the psy books... freud i think... is around age 2. that is what they say... homosexual is a phase children go through very early on and then grow through it to become hetrosexual... i KNOW that is going to cause an uproar... but thats what they teach in university psy. J am not saying it is correct -to me -there are no facts in psy... it is not a science so who knows really??

i hope i do not hurt anybody by posting this... i probably have my judgments like everyone... but this one, here - i am just writing about what i see around me and i am neither homophobic (as far as i and my many homosexual friends can see) nor hateful or anything of that sort... just sharing what i see around me and commenting on the state of society.

if it hurts you... i apologize and i will edit if you give me good reason to...however i doubt i will change anything i wrote about the church and the way they hurt us all with their repressive and shameful attitude about sex. how stupid to make people feel guilty for something so universal and natural! the best way to control people is to make them feel guilty...

and also sorry again for the misread worm

Last edited:

the funny thing to me... and this is just my opinion is that christianity creates confusion about sex in peoples minds by repressing and codemning it... in a way, if homosexuality is to be considered a flaw in people - not saying that it is but if what the church says is true... means if it is a perversion and sin, then they probably created that perversion or confusion by making people ashamed and confused anyways. so if it is unnatural... then the church is to blame for it.... and it seems to me that the church and their sheep are the ones who are all against gay marriage and whatnot.

Don't apologize..you are right on...Christianity is used as a tool to condemn others...there is some good, i guess, but organized religion as a whole preys on peoples insecurities. Elections come and you know who these right wingers are going after--gays among many others. Yeah, there is a strange obsession with religion and sex being dirty. I believe that buddha was said to have been cut out of his virgin mothers side (like a c-section, dont quote me on that). And most stories are all about these virgins who give birth. As far as I am concerned, they didnt consent to getting pregnant so if that's the story than someone took advantage of them then sent a messenger to say.."umm by the way you are now pregnant with the chosen one". I don't know....I am against religion and people like falwell, robertson, haggert and all of the other self-loathers that promote this idea of their being a gay agenda. Whatever! Like I said, moz could date trees and I would love him even more. Although I wouldn't mind getting to know him better ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom