What is with all the Homophobic comments about Morrissey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the subject started out being why there are homophobic comments here? not "so do you really think morrissey is gay?!" and the homophobia question is worth asking

SNIFF

MY​

CHEESE​

I mean, who cares.....But I have seen more people on these boards who supposedly love Morrissey constantly throwing these "OMG, I can't handle him being gay" or "OMG does this mean he's gay"......

Maybe the ? to the person(s) typing these should be...."Is there something about yourself you are afraid of?" I mean you are already a massive fan of a male singer who leans more to his feminine side, which in my opinion is great and ever notice how many guys run onto the stage to touch him. Like he says "It is homoerotic" (from the importance of being morrissey). I can understand the mystery part of his supposedly "undisclosed sexuality" but does it matter that much and therefore, is it really that strange? (sorry, couldn't help it)...

Anyone else noticing this faux-nomenon? I mean....c'mon.....if you hadn't figured out his free sexual nature with the Smiths than Bona Drag should have tipped you off........

Just my thoughts.....I love Morrissey regardless.......Even if he said he was going to marry a tree....whatever...he still has gotten me through so many trying periods of my life and has been the only artist to seem that he truly understands what everyday people go through spiked with a hillarious sense of humour....

I don't think many people make 'homophobic comments', that's perhaps a perception/interpretation on your part. Moz has never said he is gay, or anything else.

I have always assumed he is gay from the lyrics and his camp behaviour ( not in evidence since Your Arsenal).

I would be astonished if he isn't!

He didin't say it was 'homoerotic' he said he didn't recognise the term 'homoerotic'. So you are guilty of a bit of projection there!

Yes, that's the right question. I got over that and now I feel good.
No need to say I believe we are all bisexuals, but someone never discover it and choose only one direction.

...marry a tree :D

:D That's called 'wishfull thinking'. Most animals are genetically programmed to be heterosexual, end of.

But which sort of tree? Is Morrissey an evergreen man or a deciduous-lover? Or is he bi-arborial like we thought all along? :D

Bring back the tree talk, it's so much more interesting :D Plus i absolutely love and cherish trees, they are magnificent and majestic wonders of nature....love 'em:) Oh, and that is also how i feel about God's creation, Morrissey :)

I have lessened tolerance towards people who are homophobic, but I limited my rants to once a week. Psychiatric's orders. Now for Morrissey being gay, I could go on and on about this but I think a dimunitive phrase would suffice: "Who cares?"

Sexuality doesn't really exist. I mean, it does only because we want to put ourselves in a box to make our lives less confusing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that if that's the path you want to take. But one day, it will become confusing all over again so why bother? And calling oneself bi-sexual is actually limiting. And being in a "straight" relatioinship or marriage doesn't make you straight. I could go on forever with this subject but I'll refrain.
Meshing this together with Morrissey, who knows except him. I prefer it that way.
Meshing this together with the original topic, those people are idiots.

Sexuality doesn't really exist. I mean, it does only because we want to put ourselves in a box to make our lives less confusing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that if that's the path you want to take. But one day, it will become confusing all over again so why bother? And calling oneself bi-sexual is actually limiting. And being in a "straight" relatioinship or marriage doesn't make you straight. I could go on forever with this subject but I'll refrain.
Meshing this together with Morrissey, who knows except him. I prefer it that way.
Meshing this together with the original topic, those people are idiots.

:D It's OK to be gay, but I never know why you guys have to believe everyone esle is, does it make you feel better? No offence, but most of us are genetically programmed to be heterosexual and to be repulsed by homosexuality, it's only logic that helps us rise above homophobia, same goes for racism!

It's important to understand what we really are, deep down, in order to progress!

:D It's OK to be gay, but I never know why you guys have to believe everyone esle is, does it make you feel better? No offence, but most of us are genetically programmed to be heterosexual and to be repulsed by homosexuality, it's only logic that helps us rise above homophobia, same goes for racism!

It's important to understand what we really are, deep down, in order to progress!

Notice I said, "There's nothing wrong with that..."
And I think you read my reply entirely wrong. Anyway, I have to do laundry.

Speaking of closet gays..........

REST IN PEACE Rev. Jerry FalWell ;)

Hmm I hadn't seen this thread.

But I agree somewhat.
I think there is many straight Morrissey fans who just don't want Morrissey to be gay, and therefore write off any possibility of him being anything but straight.

I mean, come on people, Morrissey's world is bigger than ours. He can love anyone, anything, any shape or form. I think many big artist (Warhol, Wilde) etc are omni-sexual.

Morrissey has already confirmed in interviews that he's open to falling inlove with anyone, no matter what gender they may be.

I hope I'm reading you wrong, but...

No one is genetically born to be homophobic or racist. And if you did a shred of research you'd discover that most people are bisexual but on average only to a very minor extent.

Also, just a random fact: human sexuality can change in one's lifetime.

I hope I'm reading you wrong, but...

No one is genetically born to be homophobic or racist. And if you did a shred of research you'd discover that most people are bisexual but on average only to a very minor extent.

Also, just a random fact: human sexuality can change in one's lifetime.

There is research to support both our points and NO definitive proof of either!

I am sharing MY opinion, based on research and anecdote. Being anti-gay and racist can be understood in terms of survival. VERY basic stuff. Homophobia and racism has been a societal NORM since time began. Even when societies tried to normalise homosexuality or bisexuality, the ruling norms returned within a very short time!

You need to STOP using the word FACT, unless you have cast iron evidence, which in this case, does not exist.

Last edited:
There is research to support both our points and NO definitive proof of either!

I am sharing MY opinion, based on research and anecdote. Being anti-gay and racist can be understood in terms of survival. VERY basic stuff.

You need to STOP using the word FACT, unless you have cast iron evidence, which in this case, does not exist.

What does being anit-gay have to do with surviving?
I don't see anyone starving to death because a gay man ate all the food in the world.

Same with racism. Racism is learned, it is not inherent. We're not born hating people who are not like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom