What is this DamienDempsey, Morrissey emailing, Morrissing blogspotting business?

Shame

I've taken a look at the purported emails, but all they served to do was confuse me. Are they convoluted fakes, or genuine emails from Morrissey? Is DamienDempsey telling the truth, lying, or undergoing some Fight Club-esque issues of her own?

I don't want this thread merging with the Morrissey blogspot one, because I just want a clear "yes" or "no". And if you, DamienDempsey, decide to answer - nothing cryptic please. It can be very dull. There's a difference between good prose and purple prose. The former motivates me to read; the latter makes me question the literary communication skills of the writer.

Last edited:
I've taken a look at the purported emails, but all they served to do was confuse me. Are they convoluted fakes, or genuine emails from Morrissey? Is DamienDempsey telling the truth, lying, or undergoing some Fight Club-esque issues of her own?

I don't want this thread merging with the Morrissey blogspot one, because I just want a clear "yes" or "no". And if you, DamienDempsey, decide to answer - nothing cryptic please. It can be very dull. There's a difference between good prose and purple prose. The former motivates me to read; the latter makes me question the literary communication skills of the writer.

The blog has announced it is 'farewell.' The letter was reposted as a letter to his fans.

"My life is merely a shadow. When I cry the tears are those shed by Nico, like dead freesia petals falling to a concrete floor - that frozen spring blossom of malcontent which was her rendition of 'Sunday Morning.' When I laugh it is an echo of Jimmy Clitheroe filtered through the mind-warping prism of Wilde's rapacious wit and mesmeric insight. From a certain point of view I do not exist at all, I am a trick of the light, a hoped-for poetic uncle, a child crying out for attention in a world where time is money and money is the only constant. The drip, drip, drip of marketing, the glad rattle of the corporate cash register, the endless round of interviews, meetings and conferences - these things slowly kill me. I know you understand. I know it. "

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

I'll tell you who writes the Morrissey blog...some div with a computer, and too much time on their hands, who has read too many Moz and smiths interviews. As if It's actually Morrissey. Jesus.

And if you, DamienDempsey, decide to answer - nothing cryptic please. It can be very dull. There's a difference between good prose and purple prose. The former motivates me to read; the latter makes me question the literary communication skills of the writer.

Quite- I almost pointed that out the other day on one of the "Email Correspondence" threads, but I couldn't make it not sound snide. You've said what I wanted to much more eloquently. :thumb:

It's very dull that you question my 'literary communication skills' when you cannot even manage to punctuate properly. Need I remind you that periods are always within inverted commas?

Kate Ryan

Last edited:
I have kind of a dumb question.

Why aren't you taking this cutting edge Morrissey theory to the site Morrissey DIDN'T slam on a stage in front of everyone? People blow kisses and say to him all the time under the secret assumption he's posting there. Isn't that where your audience is?

Kate Ryan, Road Hog, Damien Dempsey are all the same person -- > Morrissey

I never thought in a million years he'd end up on here entertaining no one but himself.

Sad.

I have kind of a dumb question.

Why aren't you taking this cutting edge Morrissey theory to the site Morrissey DIDN'T slam on a stage in front of everyone? People blow kisses and say to him all the time under the secret assumption he's posting there. Isn't that where your audience is?

You're not capable of a dumb anything.

Just saying.

It's very dull that you question my 'literary communication skills' when you cannot even manage to punctuate properly. Need I remind you that periods are always within inverted commas?

Kate Ryan

To dismiss my opinion because I put a full stop in the wrong place is to betray what you really are; not a lover of language, but a cynical and smug 'keyboard warrior' with a superiority complex. It allows you to get away with ignoring my questioning, though, so well done. Nice and nifty. Be sure to let me know if I've made any grammatical errors in this comment, Kate Ryan, as I'm completely assured that your writing, in all its longwinded glory, is always impeccable.

Need we remind Morrissey that it is 'Every Day is Like Sunday', not 'Everyday is Like Sunday'? Unless you reserve being a 'grammar Nazi' for those who politely criticise your writing. You know, as a get-out-of-responding-to-the-actual-point-being-made free card.

I only read a paragraph of a DamienDempsey thread and then I never thought about it again. I don't have time for such silliness, nor should you.

I only read a paragraph of a DamienDempsey thread and then I never thought about it again. I don't have time for such silliness, nor should you.

I only read two words of your post and decided to reply to it...I don't have time to read your silliness, but I know I should reply to it nonetheless...for the postcount.

To dismiss my opinion because I put a full stop in the wrong place is to betray what you really are; not a lover of language, but a cynical and smug 'keyboard warrior' with a superiority complex. It allows you to get away with ignoring my questioning, though, so well done. Nice and nifty. Be sure to let me know if I've made any grammatical errors in this comment, Kate Ryan, as I'm completely assured that your writing, in all its longwinded glory, is always impeccable.

Need we remind Morrissey that it is 'Every Day is Like Sunday', not 'Everyday is Like Sunday'? Unless you reserve being a 'grammar Nazi' for those who politely criticize your writing. You know, as a get-out-of-responding-to-the-actual-point-being-made free card.

Punctuation marks trip you up a great deal, don't they? Your first dismally long sentence requires a colon, rather than the semicolon you stupidly used.

Last edited:

Need we remind Morrissey that it is 'Every Day is Like Sunday', not 'Everyday is Like Sunday'? Unless you reserve being a 'grammar Nazi' for those who politely criticise your writing. You know, as a get-out-of-responding-to-the-actual-point-being-made free card.

Do you know where you can shove all those hideous hyphens?

Back
Top Bottom